I Saw You: V.2.0 | Page 384 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I Saw You: V.2.0

Saw a newer 250 Ninja, and an older CB400 (?) leaving the Canadian Tire by Keele/St. Clair W around 5PM.

Nice.

To the guy riding on the dvp on Saturday night with black saddlebags, black jacket & black helmet. Please consider getting something bright at night. It was pretty hard to focus on you

Sent from my tablet using my paws

To the guy riding on the dvp on Saturday night with black saddlebags, black jacket & black helmet. Please consider getting something bright at night. It was pretty hard to focus on you

Were his lights on?

..Tom

Were his lights on?

..Tom
Yes, but it's hard to judge distance for a floating headlamp. Plus with glare you can't tell if a bike is 5ft or 5m

Passed a group of about 6 or 7 bikes on Ridge Rd today - then one of them flies past me almost in my lane (maybe he was upset I passed them?) - but then we proceeded to have quite a bit of fun along the mountain brow... :D Nice riding boys (for the 2 who kept up anyway lol)

Saw a group of cruisers going north on Weston yesterday morning at Major Mac. Seriously considered turning around and tagging along.
And to the rider on the Harley on the 407 at Mavis last night that acknowledged my wave, even though I was in the Pilot with the family.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Yes, but it's hard to judge distance for a floating headlamp. Plus with glare you can't tell if a bike is 5ft or 5m

No offense, but you should probably not drive at night.

I'd understand if it was some unlit country road, but you're talking about the DVP.

Whoever the lady was with the black Ducati riding down Dundas St in Oakville this morning, nice bike! You passed me while I was sitting on the 403 off ramp waiting to turn. Was riding a red, white and blue Honda.

That may have been me! Black body with red frame, silver tank Ducati?? lol

I'd understand if it was some unlit country road, but you're talking about the DVP.

Even worse, because the bike's light can just get lost in the background clutter of other lights.

Hmmmm, maybe. I think distance is harder to guess when it's pitch black, but yeah, a single motorcycle taillight is trickier than a car's regardless of lighting.

Hmmmm, maybe. I think distance is harder to guess when it's pitch black, but yeah, a single motorcycle taillight is trickier than a car's regardless of lighting.

I posted a video not long ago, in which I talked about how it's a bad idea to run with high beams. It also might be useful in demonstrating how a bike starts to blend into the background, in the dark.

[video=youtube;6r3f3ICFPb8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r3f3ICFPb8[/video]

Passed a group of about 6 or 7 bikes on Ridge Rd today - then one of them flies past me almost in my lane (maybe he was upset I passed them?) - but then we proceeded to have quite a bit of fun along the mountain brow... :D Nice riding boys (for the 2 who kept up anyway lol)

Was it a Red and white FZ8 in the back of the group & yellow R6 at the front?

I with you 100% on that
I wasn't going to reply to this but here goes, I've been driving for 16 yrs with no at faults & riding for another 10 with at least 100k kms. I'd be the judge of if I am competent on driving at night.

I'd also like to add, I've done plenty of night rides in the boonies.

Its easier to judge the distance of a car headlight than a bike headlight because there's 2 of them. Subconsciously when you see them closer together you know they are far away. When they are far apart you know they are closer. Its called depth perception.

So unless so have some credentials in Optometry or Perception psychology, I'd say you don't know what you're talking about

I absolutely agree with you, Rocker. I understand and and respect that it's personal choice to ride a black bike; wear all black. However, at night, reflective gear should be a must, imho.

I absolutely agree with you, Rocker. I understand and and respect that it's personal choice to ride a black bike; wear all black. However, at night, reflective gear should be a must, imho.

Absolutely agree. For the most part I don't ride at night but in case I do get caught out on a late drive, I have a reflective vest in my saddle bags that I throw on over my jacket and my helmet has built-in flashing lights on the back. Make yourself obviously visible

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom