How is this ok? | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How is this ok?

How about today? Any calls or emails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol nope - yet to receive a response to my email, I will email the Star, maybe they are slow and are looking for something to write about.
I also emailed TMP the link to this thread in case they wanted to come and comment, I will grab a chair and wait

The people pointing out the lack of safety have a pretty good idea of what is/isn't safe.

New riders seem to be the defenders of all that's is TMP.

No. I'm not a defender of TMP but I would like to hear comments about the condition of the wall from riders who were actually on site for one of the Oct 11th or 12th trackdays. The only comment I read so far from an on site rider was Benny's who said the bales were ragged looking but intact and covered the impact zones.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure anyone that had done TMP would realize that the Impact Zone is in pretty bad shape - Also having a bunch of slower/newer riders would increase your impact zone due to improper lines off the apex etc.

I don't need to be there, I can see what is going on by the images
JHLHd4bUAIxs70mixvNRAcuJdKtP3h_SL3-qj_nqNec%2CS-q9B2iTqtbf5FooaaI4gRbRa7KdL-hPXtbA0uSodH4%2C2u6CMY7wNxVLdTgUs2fefH2V9X6hl6BnTMNd4-CDT-4

Last edited:
No, it's softer, floofier when it's unbaled. Should be a softer landing.

An unbagged bale is likely to simply blow apart while taking much less energy out of the object hitting it.

I was at TMP on Sunday, it was my first time there. In hindsight after reading this thread I should have paid attention to the wall and bales more closely. I can say that there were no loose bales as seen from the car drifting video. The bales did not really seemed to be bagged though. There was some plastic on them but by no means full coverage on them. At my current skill level/pace I did not find that wall to be much of a concern. I did not feel the need to go full out around that corner. I do not think I would ever want to race on that track with the way the wall currently is. I also did a track day at the RDT in Mosport this year and felt the same way about the wall there, ok for track days but I would never want to race[ there. Here is a video I have from Sunday it doesn't show that much of the bales but you can tell that they are intact and not bagged. Not sure if that clears anything up for anyone though. I am the one on the red/white Aprilia RS250. That might explain why I didn't feel the urge to go full out coming on to straight as well. It sure is fun in the corners though!

[video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BybCp_ABlo7BTGUyQVBDOUw5eTg/preview[/video]

Last edited:
No. I'm not a defender of TMP but I would like to hear comments about the condition of the wall from riders who were actually on site for one of the Oct 11th or 12th trackdays. The only comment I read so far from an on site rider was Benny's who said the bales were ragged looking but intact and covered the impact zones.
Read post #105

Toast;2236757Here is a video I have from Sunday it doesn't show that much of the bales but you can tell that they are intact and not bagged. [video said:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BybCp_ABlo7BTGUyQVBDOUw5eTg/preview[/video]

That doesn't look too bad to me, at least in the normal impact zone. Video doesn't show what the situation was further down towards the track entrance. That is also a place where bikes sometimes end up when things go bad early in T12.

I really don't understand why it is so hard to just have proper reusable impact protection in place, and then remove it when there are cars on track instead of bikes. Wouldn't ten or so of Bickle's Bottle Bags pretty much do the trick? How much work would it be to remove and install them?

It's so depressing that we keep having these TMP discussions over and over, when the problems would be so easy to fix. It's actually a really fun and interesting track, and with only a tiny bit of additional effort, could also be quite safe. Other than that wall, it is every bit as safe as GBM - maybe more so.

Other than that wall, it is every bit as safe as GBM - maybe more so.

*REALLY* depends on who's running the day.
Best crew that currently runs days there is Guys With Bikes, hands down. I've seen them actually addressing the placement of the bales, as well as the owner (forget his name, sorry!) ragging out a marshal 'cause he felt it took them too long to signal a red flag.

Red Dawn allows regular coolant - no thanks.
TMP has really wonky tech inspectors and marshals that appear more interested in tanning than actually marshalling.

So, ironically, it seems that long weekends are the safest days to go to TMP since GWB runs those days.

As of the beginning of this season we were requiring water/water wetter and were doing tech.

Apologies to Red Dawn then. I stand corrected.

That doesn't look too bad to me, at least in the normal impact zone.

Looked like a joke to me, but a bad angle. A single layer of 'bale' sitting barely 3 feet high? Maybe if a novice dude on a 250 putters into it at 20km/h it might do something.... but anything at a decent pace will absolutely obliterate those pathetic loose bales. IMO they may as well not be there.

Back
Top Bottom