How is this ok? | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How is this ok?

I am not wasting my time arguing with Benny, she obviously doesn't understand the point of this conversation.

Anyways, my money will go somewhere else as there are plenty of tracks in Ontario, we are actually spoiled in that regard.
I do understand the point of this conversation. If you want to get it fixed send them an email. Donald managed to get hay bales at the beginning to the season no issue. Maybe instead of complaining on here people need to politely ask tmp to fix it. And not from the people that have been bad mouthing it for years because they wont listen to them.

Send an email?

Maybe someone should just call them every day. If they are running cars advise them to remove the bales from the wall. If they are running bikes advise them to put the bales along the wall.

Call them... Every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do understand the point of this conversation. If you want to get it fixed send them an email. Donald managed to get hay bales at the beginning to the season no issue. Maybe instead of complaining on here people need to politely ask tmp to fix it. And not from the people that have been bad mouthing it for years because they wont listen to them.
The point is...

If this incident had happened at the end of the season, once all bike events were done and they were planning to replace the bales for next season, I wouldn't care at all. My problem is that they knew there was a bike event planned for the following weekend and they allowed the drifters to destroy/damage part of what is used to keep riders safe.

I did email TMP last night and asked if there was some kind of miss understanding, yet to receive a response but we will see.

I generally am very empathetic to most things, and I never write emails to anyone (such a Canadian thing to do) but this time I did.

But what happens when you show up to your track day after a 2hr drive and you've prepaid only to find out that there's nothing protecting you from the wall? Email?

That's why you never prepay for anything at TMP.

It's a 3hr drive for me, if I drive all the way there and see no hay bales I turn around and go home or send an email? Except now I'm out $100 in fuel and 6hrs of driving because the track can't be bothered to make sure their facilities are safe for their customers. That's a giant pile of manure and just one more reason why I don't ride there.

This is just a dead horse.

No response yet to my email - I guess the email thing is not as effective as you thought Benny!

It's the start of the off season ... not all that surprising that no one is responding quickly.

But I've said it before in this thread. Money talks. Next year, when track days are announced at TMP (doesn't matter who organizes them), call the organizer before signing up and ask the right questions. Will there be sufficient hay bales protecting that wall; will the ambulance be there; etc. I'm with N3WMAN on not pre-paying - but if you go there and the hay bales are not there, no dice. Obviously, until TMP develops a consistent pattern of properly taking care of their customers, I would not expect very many people to come there from far and wide, given the issues that dricked mentioned.

Semi-annual meet of the TMP haters club. lol. On a different note, if someone notices another pre season TMP track day package sale of $100 per day this year, post up, because I'm in for 6 days next season. I had a good time at TMP this year.

It's the start of the off season ... not all that surprising that no one is responding quickly.

But I've said it before in this thread. Money talks. Next year, when track days are announced at TMP (doesn't matter who organizes them), call the organizer before signing up and ask the right questions. Will there be sufficient hay bales protecting that wall; will the ambulance be there; etc. I'm with N3WMAN on not pre-paying - but if you go there and the hay bales are not there, no dice. Obviously, until TMP develops a consistent pattern of properly taking care of their customers, I would not expect very many people to come there from far and wide, given the issues that dricked mentioned.

Logically speaking, I agree, but at the end of the day, money talks. If you price it low enough, enough people will rationalize the added danger and risk of the wall.

Logically speaking, I agree, but at the end of the day, money talks. If you price it low enough, enough people will rationalize the added danger and risk of the wall.

This.

Enough people don't care and will keep going and keep paying.

Maybe until someone gets hurt and thinks a lawsuit is a good idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or when the're bike gets snapped in two from the impact. I have seen this happen twice. I live 45min away and only went twice because some friends were going, this year. I won't be there at all next year as I will be trying to draft dricked and zx600 on my 750.

Last edited:
Or when the're bike gets snapped in two from the impact. I have seen this happen twice. I live 45min away and only went twice because some friends were going, this year. I won't be there at all next year as I will be trying to draft dricked and zx600 on my 750.

Ha!

I was having an issue drafting a 17 year old girl on a built 600 this year. I need to loose a few L b's

Last edited:
I assume they moved some around. I was there and saw them. at the very end there was a pile of straw but the impact zones were covered. It doesnt matter what I say. everyone on here is on the I hate tmp bandwagon regardless. I've never had a issue there. It was just last winter everyone was complaining about the walls at the new RDT track at Mosport. I don't see anyone complaining about it now. This just seems to be the ***** of the week topic.

So according to this picture you believe the impact zone is protected?
instact%2B2.png

well... if you were to track the angle of incidence to the wall,, it would be about where the people are standing. The person with the white hoodie on. The current standard set by SOAR to protect that wall is two bales deep and two bales high well past the white hoodie! This seriously scares me,,think it's time for an in class session. Donald worked hard to get this sorted for you guys at the start of the year. Accepting this is disrespecting his efforts on your behalf.

Semi-annual meet of the TMP haters club. lol. On a different note, if someone notices another pre season TMP track day package sale of $100 per day this year, post up, because I'm in for 6 days next season. I had a good time at TMP this year.

The people pointing out the lack of safety have a pretty good idea of what is/isn't safe.

New riders seem to be the defenders of all that's is TMP.

The people pointing out the lack of safety have a pretty good idea of what is/isn't safe.

New riders seem to be the defenders of all that's is TMP.

Correct, John is part of the Canadian riders fund, a non profit organization.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...anadian-Rider-Safety-Fund-New-softer-barriers

Better than a phone call or an email would be someone to post the picture with the lack of hay bales saying it's unacceptable on TMP's fb page, as not everyone that rides in on GTAM.

Back
Top Bottom