How do you feel about the decline of petrol vehicles? | Page 22 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How do you feel about the decline of petrol vehicles?

One airport does not make a happy country or region .... anyway, we could debate it for days and it will not change much regarding the issue. Only the companies buying the product can have a profound impact on the behavior of the mining companies or the countries/governments where the mining is taking place.
True enough. But I wonder if there will be
sufficient transparency in the process,
where the consumer can make that decision?

I really don't see Cobalt changing anyone's mind.

Would you actually pay more for an EV
that had an ethical battery?

As for your comment about one airport.
If the SJW have their way and stop mining there.

There would be zero functioning airports,
or local employment for that matter.

Would you actually pay more for an EV
that had an ethical battery?

Happens all the time with many products. Companies source ethically, change price as they see fit their model and believes, and you either buy their product or you choose some other brand. Sometimes you do so because you like what they stand for, other times the product is just plain much better than elsewhere.

Happens all the time with many products. Companies source ethically, change price as they see fit their model and believes, and you either buy their product or you choose some other brand. Sometimes you do so because you like what they stand for, other times the product is just plain much better than elsewhere.
True enough. I do it with coffee. It's transparent and easy to make that decision with a non manufactured commodity clearly marked on the package.

A battery with hundreds of components not so much.

But it's been an interesting discussion.
Cheers.

You are buying a vehicle from someone who either stands for something or not, ...... not standalone battery you will somehow try to consume.

Nope. Only reason I chimed in
Was because of the DRC narrative
I've worked in several developing countries in the mining business
And grow weary of the constant negative
Western mining companies do much
that you don't hear about to upgrade the immediate communities

Not much the miners can do
about corrupt government stealing the royalties

what you don't hear about
are the schools, hospitals
roads, electricity, clean water
and thousands of local jobs
provided to the host community
outside of the stipend stolen by the gov

Not all of them are bad I'd guess and surely some are much better than others, but you will not convince me that Western mining companies are always the good Samaritans and always have only a good well being of local communities on their mind. Certainly not that case now, and certainly not the case in the last x decades, especially in Africa. Surely the miners don't control government, but they need them, otherwise they would not be permitted to do business there in the first place. Money talks, after all, mainly in Africa.

Anyways, I have never worked in mining field, and you can probably tell that I will never do so in the future. So my experience with the issue is not firsthand, contrary to yours.

Certainly not all bad.
But there are some bad offenders.
And it doesn't have to be in developing countries.

In one of most tightly regulated mining jurisdictions - BC
We had the Mount Polley disaster.
Incompetent mining company
let a tailings pond full of toxic waste
fail it's containment
effluent ran down the mountain
ruining several water bodies

Suncor in Fort Mac has a tailings pond
about the size of TO
that borders the Athabasca river
if that containment fails.....
Oh my.....look out

I've worked mostly in Africa
for western mining co's
and the environmental focus
has been top knotch at all of them

Bristol Bay: 'Most valuable salmon fishery in the world' - CNNPolitics
https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/10/politics/bristol-bay-salmon-invs/index.html
Oct 10, 2017 - "This is the jewel in the crown of America's fisheries resources, this salmon," Quinn told CNN. "If you don't think this is worth saving, what is? If you don't think that (a gold and copper mine) is going to constitute a threat, what would? To me, if you don't draw a line in the sand here, there's none to be drawn ...

Salmon resources are so valuable and sustainable that dams are starting to come down to let them repopulate historic rngd.

I paid $7 on sale for 70 grams of smoked coho !!!!

Last edited:
Suncor in Fort Mac has a tailings pond
about the size of TO...
^^^ Fact check: Suncor tailings pond area is about 3km2, slightly larger than the Toronto Zoo - it would take 200 of those ponds to equal the area of TO. The biggest in the tar sands is Syncrude's Mildred lake pond at 25km2, that's about 1/25th the size of TO.

All the tailing ponds, open and rehabbed, from every Alberta tar sands project cover 70km2, about 1/3 the size of TO.

MM.
Don't take it as literal.
Was exaggerated to make a point.

But that doesn't change
the environmental threat
posed by the proximity
of that pond to the river

Bit dated
Published August 01, 2013

more like 3.50 - $4 a can on sale now.

I buy smoked so little moisture in it.....more processing.

I see $7.99 for 120 gm ...not too bad but don't know if wild.

on sale last week for $2.47...
gold-seal-sockeye.jpg

Obviously not the fancy smoked stuff....

Back
Top Bottom