Honda RCV 1000 MotoGP Replica €100,000 for 2015 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda RCV 1000 MotoGP Replica €100,000 for 2015

Same concept as these bikes though. That ferrari will sit in a showroom or room in his house otherwise. 52 mil is an outrageous amount for anything. Period. My friends mc12 was less than that and is better in every possible way. To each their own but there is a limit even if money meant nothing.

While believing anybody can do with their own money as they wish it seems incredibly gauche to spend 53 mil that way in light of the fact it represents so much human energy expended at average human wages. Of course, technically, it's not money lost if he can resell it the next day for the same. I wonder if crashing it into the Goodwood wall would reduce it's value or increase it due to some sort of artistic merit. You never know these days.

If you can afford to race it, crashing wont even be in his mind. Its the must have cult car for billionaires. And it was red after all.

I've been to the last couple Vegas vintage auctions and the Bonhams Vegas auction last January and the auction at Quail lodge. There were guys there with shoes worth more than my two week travel budget.

If you make several million a month, like billionaires seem to do, its not a stretch.

If you can afford to race it, crashing wont even be in his mind. Its the must have cult car for billionaires. And it was red after all.

I've been to the last couple Vegas vintage auctions and the Bonhams Vegas auction last January and the auction at Quail lodge. There were guys there with shoes worth more than my two week travel budget.

If you make several million a month, like billionaires seem to do, its not a stretch.

Oh I believe all that. It's funny how we all live in isolation. Like the hapless bloke trudging down the 403 in the pouring rain looking for an open gas station while 99.9% of thousands of cars drive by. It's the norm, nobody bats an eye. Still incredibly gauche tho.

I do get the points being made... I guess I feel that they don't make sense in my context. heh

Remember when Honda made bikes for "everyman?"

You dont recall the rc45 or NR which was quite expensive I beleive?

I remember seeing the NR750 when it was for sale back in the early 90's I can't recall the exact price but it was around 130K

Thought th NR was $28k...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

how do you pick the RIGHT bike,car, plane, and enjoy it.
Then park it up safely in the shed when the cost of operation is just stupid and you haven't blown an oval piston engine or spun a supercharger into bits. Then 30 years in, haul it out dust it off and auction it up and move to a Caribbean Island and declare yourself king.

They are NOW, since practically none were sold... collector bike.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

$50K in 1992 has got to be equivalent to over $100K in todays dollars.
The NR was the most expensive bike of its time

" In 1992 Honda produced around 300 street versions of a 750cc model, the NR (often mistakenly referred to as the NR750), with a 90-degree V angle. Whereas the NR500 had used an oval piston with straight sides, the road going NR750 used an elliptical piston with curved long sides. The bike became the most expensive production bike at the time when it was selling for $50,000"

http://nr750.com/

Who's going to buy it first?

To quote another, "I've ridden one. I'm lucky enough to know a guy that owns one. To be honest it isn't that great as a sports bike, a 92 Fireblade was lighter, faster and handled better. What this was and is, is a technical marvel. Beautiful engineering and very gorgeous. It was a technical showcase for Honda."

I have never seen one in real life but when I first saw it in magazines in 1992 I fell in love with it...lucky you...you got to ride one let alone see one in person!

Back
Top Bottom