Honda RCV 1000 MotoGP Replica €100,000 for 2015 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda RCV 1000 MotoGP Replica €100,000 for 2015

On-topic: I think it's a total ripoff. And unless it's appreciably better in some way than proven, time-tested bikes that are already out there, I don't know what it's purpose in life is. To be a fanboy bike, I suppose. It's doubtful that anyone will buy one to race it.

I thought the Desmosedici was outrageous. This Honda is twice the price.

Your missing the point, its because they can. !0 Brough Superiors built last year, all presold at double a sidici price. 25 Norton Monocoque bikes are being built by Peter Williams (TT winner and ex Norton pilot) and will be 250,000 minimum , they havent figured out the price, but they wont be road legal, but there will be no inventory leftovers.
Like all the ex GP bikes that come available they sell fast ( and there arent many) , some get parade laps and some get track days and lots sit in office space with really rich guys.

These bikes will sell out, middle eastern oil money will take the bulk and they will do lap days in the desert. There are customers out there with so much cash its crazy, once you have a 100ft yacht, a couple F1 cars and a plane, off the shelf GP bike fits right in.

You can look at it, but don't let me catch you sniffing the seat.

On-topic: I think it's a total ripoff. And unless it's appreciably better in some way than proven, time-tested bikes that are already out there, I don't know what it's purpose in life is. To be a fanboy bike, I suppose. It's doubtful that anyone will buy one to race it.

I thought the Desmosedici was outrageous. This Honda is twice the price.

But if it said Aprilia on it you'd be fapping in the corner staring at it. Everyone has different likes and tastes. Just because this doesn't fall under yours doesn't make it a rip off. Example, in 1966 Shelby made four convertible gt350's. Four. Production convertible Shelby's didn't happen until 1968. I bet you could command a million dollar price tag for something like that. Rip off? Hardly. Just not for everyone. Same thing with this bike

Sent from my piss poor iPhone while sitting on my squidly gixxxxxxxxer sippin on kool aid

in 1966 Shelby made four convertible gt350's. Four. Production convertible Shelby's didn't happen until 1968. I bet you could command a million dollar price tag for something like that. Rip off? Hardly. Just not for everyone. Same thing with this bike

But a 1990 mazda miata with a 5.0 motor swap would be faster, so that shelby sucks and is a stupid rip off

But a 1990 mazda miata with a 5.0 motor swap would be faster, so that shelby sucks and is a stupid rip off

Damn. So the moral is its ok to fap to Aprilia and Miatas but the rest are rip offs?? :D

Sent from my piss poor iPhone while sitting on my squidly gixxxxxxxxer sippin on kool aid

I could buy a $140K Aprilia if I wanted it. No problem. I don't... it would be a ripoff (or I'd be unable to ride it to its capabilities, or both). YMMV

I totally understand this bike as an exotic collector's piece... but from Honda? That, I don't get.

And for everyone else, my recommendation stands... you can have a proven, exotic V4 superbike with massive power right now, for $35K all-in... taxes, freight and labour. I don't see the point or the fascination with this Honda.

By the way, this looks like a relative steal compared to the Honda:

40lbs lighter than the R, 220hp, upgraded electronics package (WSBK and MotoGP derived), for a "steal" at $65,000.

Ducati-1199-Panigale-cover-635x423.jpg

Link: http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/rumors/ducati-1199-panigale-r-superleggera/

Do you see the point of a Lambo or a Ferrari? Or an Equus Bass?

Yes, there's much more to those vehicles than the relative performance. A superbike is all about performance. I can buy a lot of farkles and things for my bikes for $120K. Actually scratch that, I'd build a wicked $45K RSV4 and then buy three or so bikes (probably late-model ZX10Rs) with identical parts to track - good parts, too. I'd have lots of money left over to kit out my race trailer and buy spares.

If Honda brought it out at say, $45K i'd be more complementary.

Last edited:
Yes, there's much more to those vehicles than the relative performance. A superbike is all about performance. I can buy a lot of farkles and things for my bikes for $120K. Actually scratch that, I'd build a wicked $45K RSV4 and then buy three or so bikes (probably late-model ZX10Rs) with identical parts to track - good parts, too. I'd have lots of money left over to kit out my race trailer and buy spares.

If Honda brought it out at say, $45K i'd be more complementary.

Its obviously not meant to be attainable for mere mortals.

There is a reason that people with enough money opt not to buy a Nissan GTR and spend three times as much on a car that may not even perform as well.

It doesn't really matter if YOU wouldnt buy it provided you could afford it. Other people will buy it. The RSV4 is to superbikes as the GTR is to supercars. You are obviously not in the target market.

It doesn't really matter if YOU wouldnt buy it provided you could afford it. Other people will buy it. The RSV4 is to superbikes as the GTR is to supercars. You are obviously not in the target market.

Apparently not... but is Honda the right manufacturer?

It's all subjective, I guess.

I totally understand this bike as an exotic collector's piece... but from Honda? That, I don't get.

And for everyone else, my recommendation stands... you can have a proven, exotic V4 superbike with massive power right now, for $35K all-in... taxes, freight and labour. I don't see the point or the fascination with this Honda.

My point was different strokes for different folks. I agree with you personally. 100k for a bike is nuts in the first place. I too have no love for honda and for the price of this thing I could have several bikes and just as much fun with them all.

If the right opportunity presented itself I'd be in the same non target market as yourself. Using the gtr example, I'd take any 993 gt2 or 997 gt2rs car over even the fastest skyline in the world. Why? Because that's my taste and skylines are like ********...... Point was I wasn't intending to bash you, just pointing out the other side of the coin :hello2:

Its debatable. I admit that for a while I have thought Honda was "boring" but if you look a little farther back they used to make some neato limited production kit (NR for example).

I think with their long history of success in motoGP their will be enough wealthy enthusiasts that it will sell out quickly.

I do get the points being made... I guess I feel that they don't make sense in my context. heh

Remember when Honda made bikes for "everyman?"

What happens when the pavement turns to gravel?? What then?? Turn around?? I bet they never thought of that!! They're all idiots, the lot of them!!

LOL

Its debatable. I admit that for a while I have thought Honda was "boring" but if you look a little farther back they used to make some neato limited production kit (NR for example).

I think with their long history of success in motoGP their will be enough wealthy enthusiasts that it will sell out quickly.

The thing is something like the nr is somewhat affordable. I said somewhat! This they're starting out making it not affordable for a lot of people. Sure it will sell out. Enzo's did. Veyron's did. Everything does. There's always someone out there who is drawn to a certain machine no matter what it is.

example: I'd spend lots on this while others wouldn't want anything to do with it. This to me would still be more fun than a 100k status symbol bike.

big_kawasaki_zxr_kawasaki750zxr007.jpg

Had one.

BB_Shaman_bg.jpg

The new owner put it back on the road last spring. Runs great... still as loud as ever.

I'm not sure Honda was ever a boring company, they built a GP250 inline 6cyl with a redline at 18,000. It was nutty. The oval piston bike? nutty. Trouble is when the engineers get it right, which is pretty often with Honda. Just ask Pedrosa or Stoner, its so reliable and fast they appear "regular".

Being so reliable and usually predictable makes them less fun than those wacky Italians, and yes I have owned cars and bikes from both.

FWIW, a ferrari '63 GT250 just sold in Conneticut for 53million US dollars, twice the last world record for any car. And yes it will be raced at LeMans this year and Goodwood by its new owner.
Theres still lots of money around.

Back
Top Bottom