Hilarious Kijiji Bike and Stuff Ads | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hilarious Kijiji Bike and Stuff Ads

Folks, that snapping turtle ad is more fake than a ten dollar Rolex

surprised it doesn't say 'ex'

Yeah, you never get quite used to the 999

Haw haw. Yes making fun of the Terblanche 749/999 is an easy target :p

Would look fine without the stupid flames.

I don't hold anything against those bikes on their own, but they're pretty awful compared to their predecessor. In any case yes, the flames are why I posted it

Would look fine without the stupid flames.

What's wrong with flames? Flames are awesome. It looks like fire at speed but no actual fire. That's the best of both worlds. Whoever came up with that doesn't get the credit they deserve but if imitation is the best form of flattery the original artistic genius can hold his head high.

I'm new to shopping for a bike on Kijiji, but not new to shopping for bikes or bikes in general. The thing that has struck me so far is that everyone's bike is way overpriced, and they're trying to recover the costs of their mod choices. This is ridiculous because a) mods depreciate at a rate of about 100% when you do not keep the OEM parts, and still about 80% when you do, and b) you have to assume that someone, somewhere close by actually has the same taste in modifications.

Is this fairly accurate?

What's wrong with flames? Flames are awesome. It looks like fire at speed but no actual fire. That's the best of both worlds. Whoever came up with that doesn't get the credit they deserve but if imitation is the best form of flattery the original artistic genius can hold his head high.

on those bikes, you never know if the flames are real or not...

SPAD_BMWrecall.jpg

I'm new to shopping for a bike on Kijiji, but not new to shopping for bikes or bikes in general. The thing that has struck me so far is that everyone's bike is way overpriced, and they're trying to recover the costs of their mod choices. This is ridiculous because a) mods depreciate at a rate of about 100% when you do not keep the OEM parts, and still about 80% when you do, and b) you have to assume that someone, somewhere close by actually has the same taste in modifications.

Is this fairly accurate?

405770838_On_Target_02_small_answer_3_xlarge.gif

Bright people don't buy bikes.

Is this fairly accurate?

yep. the reason I went out of province last time for a purchase and easily saved $1500 on the prices here and my bike came from a dealer!

mods depreciate at a rate of about 100% when you do not keep the OEM parts, and still about 80% when you do, and b) you have to assume that someone, somewhere close by actually has the same taste in modifications.

Is this fairly accurate?

It's 80% to 100% inaccurate. Everybody knows you can't resell something used for the cost of new but 80%-100% loss? I don't think so. If somebody puts on actual "modifications" and they're not worn out, that's worth something. If it's gay foof masquerading as "mods" ya, you can lose 120% on that.

This is the only place people hate it. They hate it because it was a sports bike that wasn't trying to pretend to be a fake MotoGP bike.

This is certainly not the only place that had a problem with it. Terblanche did to Ducati what Chris Bangle did to BMW - an attractive prior generation was replaced by a new styling language that was not attractive. It's more or less moot now. If you want a 999, you can have one at a decent price. If you don't, there are now three successive replacements to consider.

I always had the hots for the 999 (before I started riding.) Why do people hate it?

The 999, if journalists are to be believed, was a much improved bike over it's predecessor. People, including me, hated it for the looks. Now it looks pretty darn good. Funny.

Yeah, I meant to put "mods" in quotation. Lots of cosmetic stuff that may or may not meet safety specs, lighting swaps from unknown manufacturers, cheap and noisy slip ons, etc.

It's 80% to 100% inaccurate. Everybody knows you can't resell something used for the cost of new but 80%-100% loss? I don't think so. If somebody puts on actual "modifications" and they're not worn out, that's worth something. If it's gay foof masquerading as "mods" ya, you can lose 120% on that.

Not really. I always tell people to keep their original parts, and don't make any mods you cannot reverse to stock.
When it comes time to sell, unmolested bikes are rare, and preferred, and you can get more money for the parts separately.

A good example is pipes - makes no difference to value after $500-600 in spending, and you need to find someone who happens to like the same pipe design, and having a loud bike. Power commanders are worth $0. So, that's a $1000-1200 you will never get back.
No one will pay extra for an ohlins shock -swap it back and sell it.

After ~6 years, every sport bike on kijiji is ruined with weak LED flush mounts, painted windscreens, crappy tail tidys, various tacky anodized aluminum bits (typically faded) and tribal graphics.

Some sad kijidiot ads out there where some guys dumped $10,000 on 600 and cannot sell. They should have just bought a better bike.

Back
Top Bottom