help with a 2000 sv650s sitting for 6 years | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

help with a 2000 sv650s sitting for 6 years

Oh yeah they said lean it side to side. Bike sounds nice tho for sitting for 8 years and another 2 in my garage. Lol. Ps. I have a bill of sale, the bike is Ontario bike clean title my bud sold it to his bro and then he left for Vancouver and lost the ownership. Think mto will give me trouble?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
Before I worked on it anymore, I would get it in my name. Owner may be able to get a replacement ownership (and uvip), fill it out to sell to you and mail it. Easy.

So I used a wire to jump the fan with the key on and the fan works like a charm. I am wondering if coolent was a bit low and not at the level of the sensor. I will try again to day and let you guys know.

Think mto will give me trouble?
They should not if they and you know what you're doing. I've done it about 3 times. You need an affidavit. Service Ontario used to have blank forms or info on what you need.

^ this. some service ontario sites have a qualified employee to do the afadavit. ask if they have someone available.. not too expensive. otherwise still easy to find someone to let you swear out an afadavit. easy peasy.

Just took off the fan temp sensor. Hooked it up to the multimeter on continuity and setup leads then with a lighter heated up the sensor end and in about 30sec it went off. So the sensor is working maybe I'm just scared to leave the bike running for long enough for the fan to kick on.

Just took off the fan temp sensor. Hooked it up to the multimeter on continuity and setup leads then with a lighter heated up the sensor end and in about 30sec it went off. So the sensor is working maybe I'm just scared to leave the bike running for long enough for the fan to kick on.

30 seconds of fire? Instant read meat thermometer is cheap and gives you numbers. A little bit of water makes it easier to have sensor and thermometer at the same temp.

Those pistons should clean up.

Maybe it wasn't 39 secs lol. 10sec or something. So I had some motul rad cleaner and dump the whole thing in there ran bike for a while fan kicks on now and I am going to assume the thermostat is good too lol. To day I. Hoping to sync the carbs. Not sure if I can sync them with no air box on or should a slap it on for the sync?

The piston holes feel ok. They look rough but are actually smooth. Just staining. Lol I hope.

P.s. a sync the carbs lol. Amazon tools suck. The vacuum was leaking. The gauges were **** and the two in the middle only worked well.

YouTube link to carbs sync:

Back
Top Bottom