help with a 2000 sv650s sitting for 6 years | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

help with a 2000 sv650s sitting for 6 years

Im sorry guys i just published it as public
That's weird. Which way is up? Do both carbs have gravity in the same direction? If gravity is the same, I wouldn't expect that much difference. I haven't touched an sv650 though. Second carb sounds like it has a stronger spring. Does it feel like that or does carb one just have more damping to slow down the motion?

That's weird. Which way is up? Do both carbs have gravity in the same direction? If gravity is the same, I wouldn't expect that much difference. I haven't touched an sv650 though. Second carb sounds like it has a stronger spring. Does it feel like that or does carb one just have more damping to slow down the motion?
The that is closer to the handle bars has more resistant. and the back one closer to the seat like it has less and springs back way faster. I checked all the vacuum line are connected. I link the oring inside the needle is not good and thats when i broke those tabs trying to bend the tab inside the plastic valve. So now i have to wait for the new valve to come in from ebay.

p.s the one that "spring back faster" is higher on the bike. because it sits on the back cylinder which sits more upright in the frame.

anyone ever sync carbs on this bike before. I wanted to set it up so all the pipes and valves are there so i can just connect the carb sync at anytime and do it. does anyone have a write up for this. i found one but pics werent clear.

anyone ever sync carbs on this bike before. I wanted to set it up so all the pipes and valves are there so i can just connect the carb sync at anytime and do it. does anyone have a write up for this. i found one but pics werent clear.
I've never synched carbs on that bike. You need access to a vacuum signal from each carb. Sometimes you can tap existing vac lines, other times you remove a plug from the carb and add a tap. You could leave the tap in with an extension hose and it would be fine unless it leaked. That obviously adds another potential vacuum leak though.

how is the bike running?

you can eyeball / measure the carb openings to the same position for a rough bench sync b4 doing it properly with vacuum gauges.

properly synced carbs can make a huge improvement ...sometimes its like a night and day difference
EDIT there is an order of operations for tuning carbed bikes. valves clearances and air filter clean should be done/checked before syncing the carbs.

Last edited:
Hey I finally got the rear carb to seal and bike starts but there some exhaust poping. I was going to try and sync the carbs with the air box off. Not sure if that's a good idea. Also had bike running and both cylinders are working. Touched both manifold pipes. Now I am concerned about cooling as the bike got hot and started smoking. I think I have to pull carbs again to get to thermostat. I was going to jump the rad fan plug to see if fan is working and also test the rad fan sensor to see if it triggers.

Good lord.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

[
Right now I'm trying to find alternatives for the temp fan sensor and for the thermostat.

Before you start replacing sensors, how hot is it?find a way to measure temp.

An engine that is smoking for a bit after it has been apart is not that unusual or concerning. Forcing the fan on isn't that hard either. Have you found troubleshooting diagrams for this yet? Firing the parts cannon on cooling issues is a ways down the list for me (is there air in system, is there coolant in system, is rad warm, waht temp is coolant, etc before even considering parts).

Oh yeah they said lean it side to side. Bike sounds nice tho for sitting for 8 years and another 2 in my garage. Lol. Ps. I have a bill of sale, the bike is Ontario bike clean title my bud sold it to his bro and then he left for Vancouver and lost the ownership. Think mto will give me trouble?

Back
Top Bottom