Headphones while on track? (stop freaking out..I'm serious) | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Headphones while on track? (stop freaking out..I'm serious)

I'm getting a super bike for next year (so I don't have to work so hard to stay ahead of Tim and Derek) ;)
I hope it comes with an AUX and headphone jack ... maybe a NAVI too ??

It sounds like the op could save some money by doing parade laps on the street instead of paying for track, but to each his own.

I'd tell you I know of a nice one that's for sale soon but I don't want to race against you on it :)

Honestly, it hurts no one to listen to tunes. If you enjoy it why not.

because someone will come out in red and not be able to hear me when Im passsing and move over into me rather than giving the space that anyone else would.

And not to do with the above quote but if you dont test for racing at trackdays when are you suppose to test?

If you don't hear something in your surroundings (e.g. another rider on another bike) I wouldn't count on saying "it hurts no one".

If you don't hear the initial signs of something going wrong with your engine/chain/brakes/etc., and that leads to a crash, I wouldn't count on saying "it hurts no one".

It is a completely avoidable distraction.

If you don't hear something in your surroundings (e.g. another rider on another bike) I wouldn't count on saying "it hurts no one".

If you don't hear the initial signs of something going wrong with your engine/chain/brakes/etc., and that leads to a crash, I wouldn't count on saying "it hurts no one".

It is a completely avoidable distraction.
I'm not saying crank it up so you hear nothing. If you can only hear your music then you are prolly deaf already. But playing it lightly in the background as background noise isn't going to stop you from hearing a bike coming up behind you. We all wear ear plugs do we not?

Earplugs reduce overall sound level into a region where your ears are more sensitive to the sounds (as opposed to overwhelming them with excessive sound level). Different situation.

I'm not saying crank it up so you hear nothing. If you can only hear your music then you are prolly deaf already. But playing it lightly in the background as background noise isn't going to stop you from hearing a bike coming up behind you. We all wear ear plugs do we not?

Earplugs reduce overall sound level into a region where your ears are more sensitive to the sounds (as opposed to overwhelming them with excessive sound level). Different situation.
At the track I hear the sound of my motorcycle and others better with my custom fit earplugs than without them, took a while to get used to but playing music is a whole other story.

I think anyone seriously trying to improve and get better at a track day will not have music playing. Your brain has enough with trying to process the information at high speed like corner markers, turning points, motorcycle required inputs - If you add having to process music, it might just slow the processing of all the other important thinks by a fraction and we all know what a small fraction of time or lapse in concentration can do to us.

Maybe I am wrong but that is how I feel

I constantly hear "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins even though I'm always only wearing earplugs...

Don't you guys??

I sing the muppets song in my helmet.

[video=youtube_share;8N_tupPBtWQ]http://youtu.be/8N_tupPBtWQ[/video]

Listen to music in the pits if you need it to get pumped up for your session. Put it away when you go out on the track so you can hear what's going with your bike and around you (and if you're getting passed you'll often hear them before you see their front wheel - trust me, I get passed all the time :) ).

Marcel was also suspended from competition in CSBK for one year and caused a crash between himself and Scott Rupert in 2012.

Just sayin...

Marcel was also suspended from competition in CSBK for one year and caused a crash between himself and Scott Rupert in 2012.

Just sayin...
I thought Rupper hit him from behind? was it Marcel's fault? hummm

How the incident was described to me, yes.
min 29:53 - Rupper is such a nice guy and he got hit hard on this one it seems. This is just from Marcel's perspective, I wonder why he didn't put the video of the crash
[video=youtube;-OR9wBkUP8w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OR9wBkUP8w[/video]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom