Hating new bike | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hating new bike

How is the bike now?

If you still don't like it, get rid of it, and get one that you like.
Life's too short, to have a bike that sits in the garage.
If you're getting rid of it do it asap, or you may need to wait until Spring.
The season is short, and prices fall in the Fall.

I upgraded from a 250 to a 2005 sv650 this summer, i love it but i also didnt like it at first. I was uncomfortable with the feel and the position but after 2 weeks i love it. Use your clutch more if you're going that slow to stall, i also added new tires and felt more comfortable in turns.

Add .95 racetech springs works miracles on front end upgrade rear shock get gel seat they have them made for sv change angle of levers

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Mines 2005 sv650s

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

New tires were put on the bike. I find the ride too uncomfortable. The forward position is killing me. My hands kill from the clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

New tires were put on the bike. I find the ride too uncomfortable. The forward position is killing me. My hands kill from the clutch.

I had the same with my 250. After watching Ienatsch i leaned quite a few things (may or may not apply to you)

1. Use your abs more. You should never rest on your wrists (ever). the handlebar is not a resting place, it is actually a means to guide the vehicle
2. set the levers so that when you move your fingers over them they are parallel (not up and not down - LEVEL)
3. hug the tank with your knees but not to the point where it hinders your movement.
4. relax your elbows

I had a similar scare with my SS as i thought it would kill me in pain (in reality it actually burns my thighs :))

How tall are you adrisen? Do you feel the bike is too big for you? Can you comfortably reach the handlebars or is it a stretch? Are you flat-footed when stopped or on your tippy toes? Just trying to determine if you fit the bike.

I think it's a little large for me size wise. I am all the balls of my feet when stopped. It's more of a reach then what I am liking. I think that's part of the problem. I am 5'3. I really think I am going to look around and trade it in. I need. Ore of a standard ride.

You meant the preload of the rear is softened? So it squats more when you sit on it? There might be bar risers you can get.

There are no "standard rides" for a 5' 3" person short of some of the cruisers

Need to know your inseam as that is one key.

The other is risers to bring you upright.

Bikes can be lowered

Seats can be lower.

Boots can be lifted - these alone will give you an inch.

MB416_Boots-Right-Side-View.jpg

In practice you can likely gain 3-4 " in apparent leg length.
Here is a thread on it
http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107171&page=2

If you are serious about a different bike and want to stay in the sport range. The Honda CBR500s ( not the CBX ) are designed for smaller riders.

SVs are generally 31.5" seat height....the Honda will be an inch shorter. Your SV is already on the low end for "standard bikes".

The Honda CB400 would be ideal for you

cb400%20super%20four.jpg

One of my fav bikes but I do not think available in Canada.
https://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/honda_cb400_super_four_2015.php

Wicked inline four. If you can find a V-Tec version you will surprise a lot of bigger bikes but never imported into Canada. Australia and Japan for the late model versions.

Glad I asked. Hopefully you can recover most or all of your investment. Now go out to a few dealers and sit on bikes that appeal to you. Wear the pants and footwear that you will wear when riding. Don't be shy/afraid to put the bike on the center stand and sit on it for a good amount of time in the riding position. Find what you really like and are comfortable on. Then go home and do some research (including checking insurance rates) and hunt down the best deal you can find in today's market. Best of luck to you.

BTW, If there are any demo rides at the dealers, go out and take a test ride before you buy.

Glad I asked. Hopefully you can recover most or all of your investment. Now go out to a few dealers and sit on bikes that appeal to you. Wear the pants and footwear that you will wear when riding. Don't be shy/afraid to put the bike on the center stand and sit on it for a good amount of time in the riding position. Find what you really like and are comfortable on. Then go home and do some research (including checking insurance rates) and hunt down the best deal you can find in today's market. Best of luck to you.

BTW, If there are any demo rides at the dealers, go out and take a test ride before you buy.

I bought this bike under recommendation after my last was vandalized. I like the more standard ride. I bust can't get comfortable on the more sport position. And it's physically draining me. It's not for me. So going to check out. And trade it in or sell it. Not sure what to ask. I have been told I can get more them what I paid

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I am actually going to loom at the Honda cbr500

You need to check out a Suzuki gladius 650. Ride position nearly identical to your 250, nearly an inch lower seat than the sv and a "factory low" seat option, also a very short reach to the bars.
The gladius is what my wife wants, she is 5'3" and it fits like a glove, a small compact bike.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

You need to check out a Suzuki gladius 650. Ride position nearly identical to your 250, nearly an inch lower seat than the sv and a "factory low" seat option, also a very short reach to the bars.
The gladius is what my wife wants, she is 5'3" and it fits like a glove, a small compact bike.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

That's on my list. I like suzuki.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

.... And trade it in or sell it. Not sure what to ask. I have been told I can get more them what I paid ...

selling will always get you more. What are the details of the SV? Year, mileage, condition, etc. Maybe we can suggest a price.

Back
Top Bottom