Group of Motorcyclists wanted... | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Group of Motorcyclists wanted...

Re: OPP Claims "Motorcycle Hooligans" Terrorized Ont Highways

Since Ontario always likes to try to legislate problems out of existence, and the epidemic of street racing that created HTA 172 was like three guys on the 400, kinda hoping the media doesn't pick up and run with this one

Just waiting for the video of someone losing their mind and running over a bunch of them... Wouldn't mind seeing that one.

Just a matter of time..

Who knows...it might even happen to you

Maybe your plate looks bent from a certain angle late at night

No, i didn't say any of that, or that it was the right or only way to send the message. What I did say is that I didn't have much of an issue with the highway stoppage portion and I say this from my cager POV.

The stoppage is probably the most dangerous part of it.

The government is now aware that:

1) Groups of motorcyclists are now a potentially lucrative revenue stream (via ticketing and prosecution).

2) Said riders are valuable scapegoats when pushing more HTA 172 style legislation.

I suppose we can ignore the bonus of road ragers feeling justified threatening riders in the future.

A curious awareness campaign, if you ask me. Perhaps some MBA's can chime in? Would T-shirt sales balance things out?

The street is not the place to protest. Also, when did this become a protest?

fyn7j6a.gif

That was the spin provided by the ride for the 6ix. Garbage about making motorcycles more visible in Toronto to improve safety. In reality just a bunch of juvenile ***** looking for an excuse to be idiots and use a mob to try to protect them from consequences.

I don't want the motorcycle scene in Southern Ontario to resemble the anarchy in Baltimore and the US eastern seaboard.

While they were doing this

AK0BzkG.gif

They were doing this

zYTWQkZ.gif

What a croc of bullcrap you are spewing my friend.

A guy doing a wheelie means nothing to me... he is only posing a danger to himself and not 3,000 kg cars in the highway like a caller to the radio station said.... he was defending the bikers.

If these guys are the one stealing motorcycles why haven't lazy cops stop them from the get-go in underground parking garages? Jesus Christ man you can kill two birds with one shot go put some surveillance teams in underground parking lots and you can catch these guys so then after they steal a motorcycle they won't be doing wheelies on the 401.

First of all, I'm not likely your friend.
Secondly, someone popping a wheelie AND falling off in front of a bunch of other bike or cars IS a hazard to just himself, but all the other users of the road.
Thirdly, are you serious about planting cops in underground garages to watch for thieves ?
I guess the rest of my 'maybe's' missed your notice ?
Grip - get one....

Bupz19l.gif

I think i'll remove my plate altogether to avoid any confusion

Just waiting for the video of someone losing their mind and running over a bunch of them... Wouldn't mind seeing that one.

Just a matter of time..
So if its your son or daughter that unknowingly gets caught up in this ride and makes the POOR choice of not bailing when they should of..... they deserve to die by being run over.
not saying this ride is ok but cmon really

If you're one of these morons who did this, go F yourself.
-fellow SS rider.

Completely agree with you, as-holes, every single one of them.
And if a transport truck didn't realise they were stopped & ploughed into the back of them? or if an ambulance with someones child/spouse in need of lifesaving attention wanted to get by & because of them that child or person died?
Everytime they do this Joe Publics respect for motorcyclists go's down & down, if it can get any.
As said above, if you were one, go f--- yourself.

So if its your son or daughter that unknowingly gets caught up in this ride and makes the POOR choice of not bailing when they should of..... they deserve to die by being run over.
not saying this ride is ok but cmon really

Not that I want for it to happen... Just that it probably will eventually.. if so, will likely be on video... probably filmed and put out there by the riders... If/when it does... Yeah, I'll want to see the video.

Hate to be the devil's advocate here, especially since I'm one of the responsible riders that this directly affects, but don't they block off the gardener for some kind of run for some cure every year?

Last edited:
It is 100% true. There is no reason for a plate to be kinked/show signs of being bent other than the person has bent it up in the past. It's a clear sign to me that I don't want to be riding/associated with that person as a rider.

I once got stopped years back at a single officer RIDE checkpoint during the day, officer had me pull to the side, walked over to my bike and said "oh you know how to mount your plate, have a great day".

Talking with several cops here and there, the same perception seems to carry through, "the guys with the flipper and bent up plates".

I think for most is speaks positively if you 1) have license and insurance in order 2) have properly mounted plate with no signs of being bent 3) aren't a ********

One thing I wish Kerry Schmidt would convey is that most of these riders most likely do not have insurance, or are riding stolen bikes; as opposed to making it appear that these are the 'typical sport bike riders'
You're probably an old dude who's had enough fun for one lifetime. Let the kids be rambunctious. It's their time.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom