Group of Motorcyclists wanted... | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Group of Motorcyclists wanted...

Re: Well, this will help the motorcycle image in Toronto!

Same here. Sitting here in my cube and listening to my bosses-boss and another lady talking about the news story and bashing the 'bikers'.

CP24 is on all the time at work and they are just looping this story.

They just said, and I'm not joking, "If you want to know who is doing these kinds of illegal riding, if you see a Crotch Rocket with a bent up plate in the back. They're one of them."

Wow! Talk about profiling. I'm offended and my plate is in a totally legal spot.

If someone on here was a part of that group or knows someone...serious detriment to the riding community. Making us all look bad.

It is 100% true. There is no reason for a plate to be kinked/show signs of being bent other than the person has bent it up in the past. It's a clear sign to me that I don't want to be riding/associated with that person as a rider.

I once got stopped years back at a single officer RIDE checkpoint during the day, officer had me pull to the side, walked over to my bike and said "oh you know how to mount your plate, have a great day".

Talking with several cops here and there, the same perception seems to carry through, "the guys with the flipper and bent up plates".

I think for most is speaks positively if you 1) have license and insurance in order 2) have properly mounted plate with no signs of being bent 3) aren't a ********

One thing I wish Kerry Schmidt would convey is that most of these riders most likely do not have insurance, or are riding stolen bikes; as opposed to making it appear that these are the 'typical sport bike riders'

Re: OPP Claims "Motorcycle Hooligans" Terrorized Ont Highways

So the best thing to do is try to understand why it's happening. We don't get much of an ear from politicians in Ontario.

I think even if everything fell in line; reasonable insurance rates and policing on sport bikes easing in areas, etc; these individuals would still behave like this.

I don't think it has anything to do with "not being heard", it's entirely the "F--- the police" or "I'm above the law!" mindset of immature individuals. We've all met riders like this "I have a fast bike, I can do what I want, try and stop me".

They want to wild out and feel like they can't be stopped.

It is 100% true. There is no reason for a plate to be kinked/show signs of being bent other than the person has bent it up in the past. It's a clear sign to me that I don't want to be riding/associated with that person as a rider.

My plate shows many signs of having been kinked and bent. Because It fell off my bike a couple times and got run over a bunch. Yet I'm a very chill rider. No shenanigans for me.
Unless the Plate is on a hinge, or is obviously trying to be hidden then no other assumptions should be made.

Talking with several cops here and there, the same perception seems to carry through, "the guys with the flipper and bent up plates".

I think for most is speaks positively if you 1) have license and insurance in order 2) have properly mounted plate with no signs of being bent 3) aren't a ********

My experience, as I mentioned in my post above, is much different. Just owning a bike puts you on the **** list of some.

One thing I wish Kerry Schmidt would convey is that most of these riders most likely do not have insurance, or are riding stolen bikes; as opposed to making it appear that these are the 'typical sport bike riders'

Agreed! 100%

Re: Well, this will help the motorcycle image in Toronto!

No one has the balls to come out and ask me here. Work with all Women lol. They are more concerned about Princess Dianne and some divorce in the news. People ask me all the time if I am one of those "Riders". When I ask "What to you mean one of those rider"? The say the ones that cut into and waive in traffic. I just say yes I have a motorcycle so I guess I am. But I signal, look and proceed with my life in my hands. Then I ask them if they are one of those Drivers, you know the ones with the Radio, cellphone, MC fattys, Tims,Starbucks, kids in the back, unsecured loads, AC/heat, Nav systems not siganalling of looking in their blind spots, because you guys are going to kill someone... Their faces change from smartassed and say "Well I dont do those things". I say "You must your a car driver and have all those distractions at your finger tips, I see more of you guys playing and doing those things far more often then I see a Bike riding crazy.

What a croc of bullcrap you are spewing my friend.

A guy doing a wheelie means nothing to me... he is only posing a danger to himself and not 3,000 kg cars in the highway like a caller to the radio station said.... he was defending the bikers.

If these guys are the one stealing motorcycles why haven't lazy cops stop them from the get-go in underground parking garages? Jesus Christ man you can kill two birds with one shot go put some surveillance teams in underground parking lots and you can catch these guys so then after they steal a motorcycle they won't be doing wheelies on the 401.

Dude, you need to crawl underneath your rock again. Do you think that the reduced handling and obstructed visibility of a wheelied bike does not pose a threat to others on the road?

I don't see it as a huge problem. I'm trying to figure out what these riders are trying to accomplish with their actions. There's no list of grievances or demands. It's just a mindless mob of kids racing up the highway and doing stunts. There are serious issues for motorcycles today - murderous car drivers, stupid laws about lane splitting, filtering and HOV lanes, brutal insurance rates etc. But all we're seeing is a lot of bikes storming the highway.

Of course the real reason the OPP is angry is because they can't do much about it. They've tried since last year and only made a four or five arrests. It think I saw like 400 motorcycles. Get to the bottom of it? Yeah, ok, good luck. Anyone can post a group ride on Instagram and get 100 riders. You also can't get the police cars in place in time to block a road off and stop them. So the best thing to do is try to understand why it's happening. We don't get much of an ear from politicians in Ontario.

So a week or so ago on the 401 in Port Hope a transport truck plowed into stopped traffic killing 2 people. A group of empty-headed aXXholeX stopping traffic creates a situation where that can happen again.

"try to understand why it's happening"? Because they're self entitled, thug wannabees who watch too many YouTube videos out of the US.

It has NOTHING to do with politics or getting attention from the government. If they want to protest, gather at Queens Park and get attention, but the trouble with that is of course that the police would have access to all those VIN numbers.

Didn't they just break up a motorcycle theft ring?

Problem is they would partially shutdown certain areas of the road. Like when they stop to do burnouts . Cars can't drive, people get pi$sed. How would you feel if a car club decided they would stop mid highway in broad daylight. Stop. And do burnouts, causing a backup of traffic and no allowing other people to go through? When i was part of the subaru club, there's this thing called the hypermeet where people converge from all corners of the gta... we're talking over 100 subies per group, riding together in a line from different areas (peel, durham, barrie to vaughaun, etc). Been happening for years. Have you heard of it in the news? Nope, cause no one was blocking cars and it was properly organized.

Anytime someone fawks up the highways, people will get pi$sed. So do your rides somewhere else, or in a non disruptive way or just not on one of the most used highways in Canada ffs. If we want people to be happy to share the road with us, we shouldn't piss em off in the first place.

So a week or so ago on the 401 in Port Hope a transport truck plowed into stopped traffic killing 2 people. A group of empty-headed aXXholeX stopping traffic creates a situation where that can happen again.

"try to understand why it's happening"? Because they're self entitled, thug wannabees who watch too many YouTube videos out of the US.

It has NOTHING to do with politics or getting attention from the government. If they want to protest, gather at Queens Park and get attention, but the trouble with that is of course that the police would have access to all those VIN numbers.

I would say following to close was the problem. Unless they brake checked him he can see well down the road...

They could have attempted to break them up, they were already driving like *** holes. They could have gotten some solid names and made them disperse. Instead they film and post it get the public all worked up. Once the public sees it they all become experts and their stupid opinions come out. Even here. Even me now...

To me gangs are a bunch of friggin idiot cowards who need back up to show off. They think it makes them look big.
When in fact they have just proved they all have little wieners. (Not assuming no Females where present?
My Parents would have killed me if I ever behaved like that.
Respect for other people. Well that has all gone out of the window.
It`s about me, me, me.

Sorry for us respectable riders. Are we all now lumped into their category?
I have yet to meet a hooligan biker. Harley riders, sports bikes are ridden by bikers of all ages. People forget that most of us ride for the pleasure.
Trikes, quite often ridden by Vets. Wounded serving out Country. Thank you.
I have found almost all bikers very respectable. Nice, to boot.
Then this bunch of Piss ant cowards.

Problem is they would partially shutdown certain areas of the road. Like when they stop to do burnouts . Cars can't drive, people get pi$sed. How would you feel if a car club decided they would stop mid highway in broad daylight. Stop. And do burnouts, causing a backup of traffic and no allowing other people to go through? When i was part of the subaru club, there's this thing called the hypermeet where people converge from all corners of the gta... we're talking over 100 subies per group, riding together in a line from different areas (peel, durham, barrie to vaughaun, etc). Been happening for years. Have you heard of it in the news? Nope, cause no one was blocking cars and it was properly organized.

Anytime someone fawks up the highways, people will get pi$sed. So do your rides somewhere else, or in a non disruptive way or just not on one of the most used highways in Canada ffs. If we want people to be happy to share the road with us, we shouldn't piss em off in the first place.

You know i actually don't have much of a problem with stopping traffic for a few minutes on each highway. That would give the desired "motorcycle awareness" result. Yes other drivers might have been upset about the stoppage in the moment, but it is something everyone would have gotten over in a few days.

But the stunting and other crap they pulled did nothing but re enforce the idea that motorcyclists on sport bikes are all hooligans who cause trouble. Thankfully i don't get much grief on the roads because i don't ride like a moron through traffic and i'm always in full gear. If i was a law abiding squid i'd be really ****** about profiling right now.

It's all fun in games until someone gets ran over or motorcycles get banned.

Thanks *** clowns.

If anyone knows someone that was part of this, do us all a favor and call them out on it.

You know i actually don't have much of a problem with stopping traffic for a few minutes on each highway. That would give the desired "motorcycle awareness" result. Yes other drivers might have been upset about the stoppage in the moment, but it is something everyone would have gotten over in a few days.

But the stunting and other crap they pulled did nothing but re enforce the idea that motorcyclists on sport bikes are all hooligans who cause trouble. Thankfully i don't get much grief on the roads because i don't ride like a moron through traffic and i'm always in full gear. If i was a law abiding squid i'd be really ****** about profiling right now.

.... i don't know about you but when you're stuck in traffic 10km back, you have no freaking clue whats stopping traffic.

And for the people at the front, do you think they're sitting in the car being like
"oh my, thank you riders for making me aware of motorcycles with your burnouts and revving while you prevent me from getting to my appointments today, that really enlightens me and makes me delighted to share the roads with you"

... there are other ways to raise awareness...all it's done now is make the general public pi$sed.

better go bend my plate back down

Better go get a whole new plate from the MTO. If there is evidence of it being bent it could be seen s proof that you're a stunt riding hooligan :rolleyes:

.... i don't know about you but when you're stuck in traffic 10km back, you have no freaking clue whats stopping traffic.

And for the people at the front, do you think they're sitting in the car being like
"oh my, thank you riders for making me aware of motorcycles with your burnouts and revving while you prevent me from getting to my appointments today, that really enlightens me and makes me delighted to share the roads with you"

... there are other ways to raise awareness...all it's done now is make the general public pi$sed.

No, i didn't say any of that, or that it was the right or only way to send the message. What I did say is that I didn't have much of an issue with the highway stoppage portion and I say this from my cager POV.

Better go get a whole new plate from the MTO. If there is evidence of it being bent it could be seen s proof that you're a stunt riding hooligan :rolleyes:

I think my inability to wheelie is proof enough lol

The street is not the place to protest. Also, when did this become a protest?

fyn7j6a.gif

Back
Top Bottom