Got 2k in my pocket.. what now? Or should I wait.. | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Got 2k in my pocket.. what now? Or should I wait..

LOL Dunno.. I google a few terms and searched out some forum posts in other motorcycle related forums... Youtube video here and there

edit:
Example of a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v21h-xlTXFg

Edit 2: Opps didn't realize it was an FZ6R not an FZ6 lol

problem #1 you only have 2k in your pocket ;)
& :confused: those are not clip-ons, so I assume you want to put clip-ons on that model bike,
what's a 'lowered' bike?

problem #1 you only have 2k in your pocket ;)
& :confused: those are not clip-ons, so I assume you want to put clip-ons on that model bike,
what's a 'lowered' bike?

LOL I KNOW I only have 2k in my pocket right now.. hence the title of this thread..
When I say lowered I meant the front being lowered by up to 1.75 inchs to accommodate for a clip on kit like woodcraft or something...
That's not even the right bike, that was my mistake... The youtube shows an R

... only concern is the "Will probably need the front fork seals and rear brake pads for safety"...
translation: 'never maintained it so have no idea how to service those things'

lowered bike, usually means the dogbones are replaced and the front end has to be lowered to keep the steering geometry. You wouldn't lower the front end on it's own. Lowering the front to put clip ons only is not a good idea on it's own.

"consignment sale for a client", so the business(Loiselle Sports Inc) isn't collecting the tax up front. So technically right...they just forget about the tax at transfer....at the MoT thru ServiceOntario, not DMV.

Last edited:
lowered bike, usually means the dogbones are replaced and the front end has to be lowered to keep the steering geometry. You wouldn't lower the front end on it's own. Lowering the front to put clip ons only is not a good idea on it's own.

Ah, I didn't think it was super simple to do or anything. I know there are replacement parts that have to go in to do it properly. I will def take that into consideration when looking.

have a look at SV650S if you're looking for more sporty ergos, OP
lowering an FZ6 and installing clipons goes against what the bike is good at

this is a decent example

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touri...0s/1370585258?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

That's a nice bike, we'll see if it's available in a couple weeks from now.

I would have raided the cookie jar for the extra $200 - and scooped that FZ6... man that looked good.

Wish it were that easy.. Bills bills bills homie

This has already been mentioned...

Okay then, good luck

Edit - **** it. I'm curious. Do you just want to drop the handlebars or do you want to actually lower the bike? Or do you even know what you want?

Last edited:
Okay then, good luck

Edit - **** it. I'm curious. Do you just want to drop the handlebars or do you want to actually lower the bike? Or do you even know what you want?

LOL Ye sorry... I wasn't trying to be rude or anything.. this was just talked about on page 4 and kinda came to the conclusion I should probably look for a bike that comes with clip ons vs modding it myself.

Yes the idea was that I would need to lower the front in order to put on clips ons vs the stock handlebar.

What makes a bike less reliable at 80k than a car?

I'm sure there are a lot of factors that could make a bike less reliable but I know a lot depends on the sellers up keep throughout there life with the bike. That's why I am asking, I've always thought to look for ones that are more around 20k and go as high as 60k or something. I'm sure some original parts could look to be replaced after 80k.
I'm asking because my knowledge is far less than what others may be here on this forum.

Edit: I've been reading about high mileage motorcycles and based on what I am seeing it would probably be in my best interests to look this bike over and see. It's at least worth a look I think.

Edit: Didn't realize Meme was a girl, my bad. And of course any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Last edited:
@MFST you got @meme's sex wrong. And she is definitely one of the people on this forum that you want to take advice from.
Actually, pretty much all of the people responding in this thread so far know what they are talking about.
If you want to still do the mod, I get it, and ultimately it is your choice if you still wanna go that way, just weigh your options.
As far as the cbr goes, check insurance before buying.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

there may be some things that need done that could add up to a lot
price is great, if seller has any maintenance records to share
and he's willing to let you take it for an inspection, could be a good buy

The person has already responded. Says they serviced it themself.. Rode it to Cali and back.
Def like to see maintenance records if possible and most likely would ask to have it looked at and possible certified if they are willing to for a guaranteed sale.

certification is the bare minimum

a 13 year old bike with over 80K on it could be in line for a bunch of stuff:
valve adjustment
wheel bearings
steering head bearings
swing arm pivot bearing
fork service
rear shock replacement
stator replacement
chain and sprockets replacement

bike could conceivably pass a safety with all this wrong to some extent
or this stuff could be okay or already done
a bike mechanic could check it over in an hour and give a thumbs up or down

trip to Cali = about one season's riding for most, means nothing

certification is the bare minimum

a 13 year old bike with over 80K on it could be in line for a bunch of stuff:
valve adjustment
wheel bearings
steering head bearings
swing arm pivot bearing
fork service
rear shock replacement
stator replacement
chain and sprockets replacement

bike could conceivably pass a safety with all this wrong to some extent
or this stuff could be okay or already done
a bike mechanic could check it over in an hour and give a thumbs up or down

trip to Cali = about one season's riding for most, means nothing

That's pretty much what I was thinking.. Even if it runs well.. what can happen 5k from now on something with that many km.

I'm taking a serious look at this one: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/barrie/1999-honda-cbr600-f4/1361590543

Thoughts?
I have spoken with him and he will be providing me more pics as well as a video of the start up, some reving.
From what he's told me and provided me so far the bike looks clean. It's fully certified and ready to ride..

Edit:
Initial insurance quotes put me at just under $2k for the year... is this to much?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom