Got 2k in my pocket.. what now? Or should I wait.. | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Got 2k in my pocket.. what now? Or should I wait..

In which way its a inferior bike? Can you elaborate more because that yellow bike looks better than the other two.

*EDIT*

I have taken a look closer at the pictures of the yellow bike it looks like it has no front turn signals and the tail light is an integrated one which is a No-No for me. I even think I saw some wires hanging off where the front turn signals are supposed to be.

less HP
tubular steel frame vs forged aluminum
inferior brakes and suspension

those are the lowlights
there are other ways it's inferior

it's called de-contenting
remove some expensive bits
wrap it in plastic call it an R version
it worked. lots of people bought them

Last edited:
Rouyn and Kirkland Lake are like a 20 minute drive apart
maybe listed there also so the French can see it
and Rouyn is a much bigger town than Kirkland Lake

seller has conformed bike is in Kirkland
no reply yet as to when it can be viewed

My bad, yes I did, no reply yet.

I thought it was weird there was an ad entirely in french as well, didn't realize how close in area those ads were. Just seemed odd and like one of those typical BS scammer ads.

Looks promising.

Whoever can get there first will likely pick up a good bike for not too many monies.

Looks promising.

Whoever can get there first will likely pick up a good bike for not too many monies.

Unfortunately that's way to far for me. Had he still been in the GTA I might check it out.
So hopefully it's not BS to whomever that buys it.

Bummer, and now we will never know if it was a truly good deal, just a make believe listing,
or those tools are sitting on the ground next to it because it won't run.

:D keep shopping.

Bummer, and now we will never know if it was a truly good deal, just a make believe listing,
or those tools are sitting on the ground next to it because it won't run.

:D keep shopping.

Absolutely.. I am not in a rush but I would really like to get back onto a bike as soon as possible... This subway commute to work is driving me nuts..

Absolutely.. I am not in a rush but I would really like to get back onto a bike as soon as possible... This subway commute to work is driving me nuts..
Public transit motivates interest in motorcycles. Once upon a time public transit and no car was the reason I rode my motorcycle year round. Just go buy a little 250 enduro or something and ride the piss out of it, is all fun compared to the sights and smells on the streetcar, bus & subway.

Out of those links, the '07 FZ6 is the standout, no contest

True, I hadn't taken that into consideration. That is work I could do myself so if it were me I'd still probably go for it.

The ZR7s are funny bikes (motor is basically from the KZ-750), I don't hate them but for almost the same money the FZ6 is light years ahead in terms of technology

True, I hadn't taken that into consideration. That is work I could do myself so if it were me I'd still probably go for it.

The ZR7s are funny bikes (motor is basically from the KZ-750), I don't hate them but for almost the same money the FZ6 is light years ahead in terms of technology

I'm really liking what I am seeing with the FZ6 overall and I think it is a bike that fits what I am looking for..
It's not crazy expensive to have that fixed.. I spoke to a mechanic and he said it would be roughly $500 with the cert...

I think waiting even a couple weeks longer will be beneficial... I am looking for a bike that's more the sportier stance.. even if its modded like that.. or one to mod easily for clips ons... The FZ6 looks amazing with the front lowered and some clip on handlebars.

... The FZ6 looks amazing with the front lowered and some clip on handlebars.
Form follows function, don't get sucked into something just because it 'looks' good, go with what 'works' good.

... otherwise you might end up riding some sort of deathtrap that puts you into the rear end of some stopped car and that looks real bad.

Form follows function, don't get sucked into something just because it 'looks' good, go with what 'works' good.

... otherwise you might end up riding some sort of deathtrap that puts you into the rear end of some stopped car and that looks real bad.

Would you suggest not to do that mod should I get a FZ6?

Hence why I am waiting to find something that might already have clip ons that would work for me..

Overall from what I've read the FZ6 would work best for my needs.. this includes slight possible mods

Hence why I am waiting to find something that might already have clip ons that would work for me..

Overall from what I've read the FZ6 would work best for my needs.. this includes slight possible mods

Never change the height of the forks in the triple tree unless you can clearly explain what it will do to your handling. Assuming you were going to do this (as opposed to just mounting the handlebars low), your steering will get more twitchy as well as some other undesirable traits for a bike in the city. Small changes cause big differences in handling. If you lower the front enough that it is visibly lower, the handling will likely be completely ruined (and probably outright dangerous). Please be careful, you are going to kill yourself with the quest for form before function.

Never change the height of the forks in the triple tree unless you can clearly explain what it will do to your handling. Assuming you were going to do this (as opposed to just mounting the handlebars low), your steering will get more twitchy as well as some other undesirable traits for a bike in the city. Small changes cause big differences in handling. If you lower the front enough that it is visibly lower, the handling will likely be completely ruined (and probably outright dangerous). Please be careful, you are going to kill yourself with the quest for form before function.

Don't worry this is not something I will be taking on without a lot of research and actually talking to people.
From my initial research the ones that have done the front fork lowering and clip on mods have had good responses.
From what I am seeing, in order for the handlebars not to touch the fairing it has to be lowered.. or alternatively the fairing would need to be cut to accommodate it.

It's not something that is set in stone don't worry

If it involves lowering or somehow impairing the suspension :/ don't do it.
Clip-on handlebars are great for racing and well suited to an advanced rider,
not so good for regular urban riding or less experienced riders.
Clip-ons are suited to riding in a full crouch and you just don't get that many opportunities to ride full crouch on the street :(
what you will get a lot of is bumpy roads, clip-ons can be a handful on bumps.

... From my initial research the ones that have done the front fork lowering and clip on mods have had good responses ...
Are they racers or posers?

Oh. If that's what you want, why not just go for the CBR600F4? It's already a supersport, has clip-ons.

If you do mod the FZ6, make sure that what you do is reversible or you will have a heck of a time selling it later

Oh. If that's what you want, why not just go for the CBR600F4? It's already a supersport, has clip-ons.

If you do mod the FZ6, make sure that what you do is reversible or you will have a heck of a time selling it later

There's a few CBR600F4s on my fav list in kijiji but there prices are a little higher.. more in the 2500-3k+ range.. that's why I said i'll probably wait a few more weeks..

edit:
examples ...

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1367927478&requestSource=b

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1367521109&requestSource=b

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1361590543&requestSource=b

The last one is more towards my price now.. the first two are more my price range in like a month and a bit

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom