Good gun stories | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good gun stories

Lol you REALLY have no knowledge of the country we live in...
1) We're a well-off third world country whose economy depends on natural resources and farming
2) Farmers need guns to protect their crops/livestock from pests/predators
3) Mining camps (especially exploration camps) need at least one guy with a rifle for predator defense. I've never stayed in a bush camp without at least one bear-chaser
That means that guns are essential to our economy.

Some other facts of life you may get curious about if the Queen and Cameron ever give you permission to open your eyes...
1) Defense of life and limb is a basic human right and if it isn't protected by law, it should be
2) If you take a look at the top 15 countries in terms of gun ownership, most of them will be at the bottom of the list of homicide rates per capita.. Specific examples: Serbia, Switzerland, Finland, Sweden, Norway, France, Canada, Austria, Iceland and Germany.

Bottom line: Allowing guns and allowing people to defend themselves with guns won't cause rivers of blood to stain your pretty clean streets.

Not talking about predator control, that's an entirely different story. Sounds like most people waving the self defence fanboy flags would rather live in Afghanistan or somewhere similar? I mean it almost sounds like you're upset about the way things are here? I'm pretty happy thanks.

Not talking about predator control, that's an entirely different story. Sounds like most people waving the self defence fanboy flags would rather live in Afghanistan or somewhere similar? I mean it almost sounds like you're upset about the way things are here? I'm pretty happy thanks.

I am happy about the safety and security situation in the parts of Canada that I frequent. Also, I'll die a happy man if I'm never forced to point a gun at a human being and the only things I'll ever drill holes in are paper, cardboard, food animals and pest animals. If I had the option to carry, most days I wouldn't. Why bother with lugging a couple of lbs on my belt all the time? However, I'd like for that to be dictated by my preference and not the law imposed on me. In the past, I have been forced to frequent more dangerous areas. I have been robbed at knifepoint 3 times so far. People who have to live in those areas should be given the legal means to protect themselves instead of counting on the mercy coming from violent deviants.

jc100 said:
Arent you deliriously happy that there's about as much chance of you having your house invaded here as being struck by lightening? Isn't is awesome?

And yet, we still learn the basic safety precautions to minimize the chances of getting struck :cool:

I routinely stand under huge flagpoles during thunderstorms. Don't worry, chances are low.

Yes we do. Can you imagine how hard it would be to walk down Yong St though if everyone was carrying their portable lightning conductors? It would be terrible. Good job everyone has an idea of how nonsensical it would be to be personally perpetually prepared for lightening strikes. But, I do get ya, that one person with the 30ft conducting rod on their head every day will be so smug if ever their neighbour gets smoked by nature's wrath.

Anyway, we have these pesky law things but you can circumvent them if you really want to carry a weapon, join the police, or a gang.

I absolutely don't care about hunting, target shooting or any of that. In fact I enjoy it as much as the next guy, but it's this talk of defence I don't understand in the face of the lack of any viable threat. If you faced a robbery at knife point in Canada three times though that's terrible, I'd move. Seriously. I've been here for nearly 20 years and the worst I've had was a near bar brawl over using different rules on a pool table. I can honestly say though that a weapon would not have made that situation any easier at all.

I have a fire extinguisher in my garage... I'll probably spend my entire life without my house catching fire. But hey, ya never know. Might win the lottery too.

I have a fire extinguisher in my garage... I'll probably spend my entire life without my house catching fire. But hey, ya never know. Might win the lottery too.

Totally with you there...watch out though only yesterday 18 people were massacred by a rogue dry powder fire extinguisher in Winnipeg. I'd keep an eye (through a telescopic sight) on that pesky fire nullifier if I were you. Wish they would make those things illegal, they are so dangerous.

Interesting. Just as many were killed by knives and bare hands in this country.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of a retarded opinion ;)

Im voluntarily swapping all my knives for spoons. If it only saves one life

Interesting. Just as many were killed by knives and bare hands in this country.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of a retarded opinion ;)

Im voluntarily swapping all my knives for spoons. If it only saves one life

No spoons left man after the great spoon holocaust of 2013 started by the fire extinguishers. Need to move to another country if you want to conceal carry a spoon for defence against all the menacing things.

"Those who fail to plan, plan to fail"
Same crap applies here. I'd rather have a backup plan if crap hits the fan than be caught with my pants down.

I'd rather have a means to protect myself than be caught in a dire situation and have no means of protecting myself

"Those who fail to plan, plan to fail"
Same crap applies here. I'd rather have a backup plan if crap hits the fan than be caught with my pants down.

I'd rather have a means to protect myself than be caught in a dire situation and have no means of protecting myself

Protect yourself from what? Gambling addiction? Acid reflux? Manic clowns?

Protect yourself from what? Gambling addiction? Acid reflux? Manic clowns?
I thought we were talking house invasions?

jc100, you write as if the way things are, are the way they always have been and ever will be.

I hope the Canada is always a relatively peaceful and low crime place to live as it is now, but IF that changes, then I won't hesitate to use the tools I currently own for the purpose of hunting and target shooting to defend myself or my loved ones.

Places change and times change. Sometimes for the worse. Just look at Afghanistan 60 years ago compared to today.
Hell, even look at Paris 30 years ago compared to today -- with neighbourhoods that the police won't go into due to a certain 'element'.

Why is it you left Britain? Was it just for work? I've known Brit expats around the world, most of whom have zero desire to ever go back to Britain. They say their country is lost -- it has been destroyed by political correctness and pandering to certain groups who have a different line of thought and are taking over the country.

How many of your British born compatriots left to go fight with ISIS? How long until a group like ISIS is wreaking havoc within Britain? When they do, is your sister going to fight them off with a butter knife or wait for the police to show up with the billy sticks?

As I said above, I own my guns for the sports of hunting and target shooting. However, if the day comes where Canadian society is no longer polite and I need tools to protect myself, then I have them. I hope that day never comes here. Don't be naive and presume things will never change.

jc100, you write as if the way things are, are the way they always have been and ever will be.

I hope the Canada is always a relatively peaceful and low crime place to live as it is now, but IF that changes, then I won't hesitate to use the tools I currently own for the purpose of hunting and target shooting to defend myself or my loved ones.

Places change and times change. Sometimes for the worse. Just look at Afghanistan 60 years ago compared to today.
Hell, even look at Paris 30 years ago compared to today -- with neighbourhoods that the police won't go into due to a certain 'element'.

Why is it you left Britain? Was it just for work? I've known Brit expats around the world, most of whom have zero desire to ever go back to Britain. They say their country is lost -- it has been destroyed by political correctness and pandering to certain groups who have a different line of thought and are taking over the country.

How many of your British born compatriots left to go fight with ISIS? How long until a group like ISIS is wreaking havoc within Britain? When they do, is your sister going to fight them off with a butter knife or wait for the police to show up with the billy sticks?

As I said above, I own my guns for the sports of hunting and target shooting. However, if the day comes where Canadian society is no longer polite and I need tools to protect myself, then I have them. I hope that day never comes here. Don't be naive and presume things will never change.

I didn't know Britain has changed that much until I hear of all the talk. Then I watched this documentary and it just sealed the deal. F'ing country is going to hell. I'm glad I'm not there. Oh yeah, I've heard they are strongly "left"

http://qpolitical.com/her-town-was-...s-watch-what-happens-when-she-confronts-them/

^^ I just clicked through a few links on that website and holy **** its written by 11 year-olds. While whatever they represent in that video may be true, it certainly doesn't matter until its brought to public attention by a reputable source.

Several large Western European countries will have to contend with the fallout of their overly politically correct cultures in the coming decades. Best of luck. Im getting popcorn.

^^ I just clicked through a few links on that website and holy **** its written by 11 year-olds. While whatever they represent in that video may be true, it certainly doesn't matter until its brought to public attention by a reputable source.

Several large Western European countries will have to contend with the fallout of their overly politically correct cultures in the coming decades. Best of luck. Im getting popcorn.

To be honest, I didn't review the site, I just watched the documentary & it brings alot of interesting topics of discussion. I'd recommend giving it 5mins and if you don't find anything of value, close it & proceed with your life

pretty upsetting stuff in that vid

Back
Top Bottom