Good gun stories | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good gun stories

Lol love how a little girl handles what Canadian law treats as a prohibited weapon of mass destruction :D
[video=youtube;3f8VmJRuBFY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f8VmJRuBFY[/video]

Damn that girl is running ****. Good for her. Hopefully by the time I have kids and they're her age, guns aren't outlawed entirely.

I <3 3-gun. Just need to upgrade from a CQ-a lol

I <3 3-gun. Just need to upgrade from a CQ-a lol

No you don't but if you drop a decent trigger out of it, you might as well get a decent AR. I shot my first 3gun match on Saturday with a CORE15 and did just fine.. Too bad I left a shell in the shotty (no experience with the shotgun and also, I started out so well, I kinda got in the zone, which is not a good idea unless you know ALL of your gear intimately), which was enough for a DQ. Here's the stage where it happened, just someone else shooting it. When you get to that red steel target, I put 2 slugs in, nailed it with the first one, ejected the shell but didn't eject the other one.
[video=youtube;iB75cx0aJfE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB75cx0aJfE[/video]
The match was well-organized and the Galt crowd is great, so I'm definitely coming out for the next one, with more shotgun practice, of course lol

What kinda gear do you need reailistically? I've never shot a match but would like to...

Whens the next one and what are the requirements to participate?

What kinda gear do you need reailistically? I've never shot a match but would like to...

Whens the next one and what are the requirements to participate?

Ok, you need a rifle, handgun and shotgun of any kind. You will need a competition or duty belt (I run a 2" duty belt for any event where I am shooting a rifle as it works great on my rifle mag pouches), load carrying system for all the types of ammo, eyes and ears. Here are the specifics:

Handgun:
-If you don't have one, buy a Shadow unless you REALLY dislike shooting one. Otherwise, shoot what you got, 9mm is best but don't shoot light loads as you will have to knock down some steel. Factory loads or commercial reloads are fine
-Belt - Double Alpha Academy (DAA) is the best but I like my CR Speed, too
-Holster, probably your garden variety Bladetech will do the trick. Ghost holsters suck for 3gun because they don't offer great retention and if you drop your gun, you get DQ'd. I bought this one specifically for 3gun/IDPA shoots, http://www.zahal.org/products/imi-cz-75-polymer-holster with a paddle attachment, but ordered the low ride attachment as an extra and that's what I'm running for everything but IPSC/IDPA. For IPSC I use a Bladetech and when I do IDPA, it'll be with the paddle attachment
-Mag pouches (at least 4) - If you plan on doing IPSC too, get the DAA ones as they are smooth-drawing, adjustable angle and tension (Racers are just fine, you don't need Race Masters). If you just wanna do IDPA/PPC/3gun, you can get by with crappy Bladetech double mag pouches (2 of them)

Shotgun:
-Any pump-action if you wanna stay in tactical irons or tactical optics division. The best one on the market is the Benelli Supernova, but you can shoot your old 870 if you got it, just the way it is. If you wanna shoot open, you can get an M2 or a Versamax.
-Mag tube extension is nice to have (don't load more than 8 shells before the beep unless you wanna be bumped into open). If you wanna use it for IPSC too, make sure you got 10 shell capacity
-Shellholders.. For 3gun, you're looking at 8-12 shell capacity, AP Customs/Carbon Arms is the golden standard. I ordered a holder that velcros onto the shotgun as well so I can keep slugs there for when they're needed. If you also wanna do IPSC, get at least 24 shell capacity

Rifle:
-AR is your best bet, but if you got another external mag-fed semiauto, it should do the trick. Tavor would be a close 2nd, XCR probably too heavy.
-Minimum of 3-4 mags, running 3 for the match would have been OK, but you need at least one spare. LAR or Beowulf. I got 3 Beowulf mags and a few spare LAR's
-Irons if you're competing in that division, red dot with or without a magnifier (your choice) for tactical optics division and magnified (variable magnification 1-4, 1-6, 1-8) scope for open. If shooting IPSC rifle, even a red dot puts you in open
-Thin free float tube helps with followup shots as you can wrap your fingers around it better and hold it farther out (minimizes muzzle climb), but you can run your rifle stock if you want.

I know Galt will be running another one come fall, there will be an IPSC rifle/shotgun match in Peterborough in August and there may be some Team Hoser matches elsewhere. Everybody and their grandmother requires a holster cert, either Black Badge, IDPA, PPC or club-level. For IPSC matches, they only recognize Black Badge.

Last edited:
Only stuff I don't have are pouches for shotgun shells and AR mags.. I wouldn't care about being super competitive, just to have fun but come prepared.

Are the long guns ever slung or do they always go in a barrel? And is it a total waste of time to use pinned 30/5 AR mags? Don't feel like buying LAR mags because I typically wouldn't use them anyway...

Any idea if TDSA holster cert would fly? I don't see why not...but some orgs are weird.

No you don't but if you drop a decent trigger out of it, you might as well get a decent AR. I shot my first 3gun match on Saturday with a CORE15 and did just fine.. Too bad I left a shell in the shotty (no experience with the shotgun and also, I started out so well, I kinda got in the zone, which is not a good idea unless you know ALL of your gear intimately), which was enough for a DQ. Here's the stage where it happened, just someone else shooting it. When you get to that red steel target, I put 2 slugs in, nailed it with the first one, ejected the shell but didn't eject the other one.
[video=youtube;iB75cx0aJfE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB75cx0aJfE[/video]
The match was well-organized and the Galt crowd is great, so I'm definitely coming out for the next one, with more shotgun practice, of course lol

That dude is the slowest shotgun reloader I've seen. You can't use a gun saddle or a belt to align the shells?

That dude is the slowest shotgun reloader I've seen. You can't use a gun saddle or a belt to align the shells?

I don't remember what load carrying system he had, but there were quite a few of us who didn't have much experience with the shotgun. Also he was surprised by the fact he missed the "leg" with 2 shots so it may have taken him a bit to adjust mentally. Looks like he's mostly a CQB competitor so his specialties are rifle and pistol (in that order). The only major error on that stage was using the gun rack as a rifle rest, that would have cost him a bunch of time in procedural penalties. Still, I like the way he was able to rest the handguard on a soft surface (resting the rifle on a hard surface is a no-no) and use his weak hand to eliminate muzzle rise, which resulted in a lightning fast time. I'll have to work that into my repertoire for stages where its allowed.

Edit: One other thing.. Don't bash guys before step up to the line.. It's not as easy as it looks, especially when shooting on the clock. Hitting a target is difficult enough.. Doing it on the move, with the clock running and also having to worry about reloads and unexpected stuff coming up... Takes a toll, especially here in Canada where these types of matches are rarer than hen's teeth.

Last edited:
Lol this is priceless :D
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ok&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=ShareButtons
He Pointed a Gun at His Would-Be Victim and Said, ‘I Bet You Don’t Have One of These.’ He Lost That Bet Badly.
A suspected robber in Jackson, Mississippi, had to be hospitalized after his would-be victim called his bluff in a big way.
The suspect first approached the man at a Motel 6 and asked for cigarettes, according to the Jackson Police Department. When the man, a hotel guest, said he didn’t have any cigarettes, he figured that was the end of the interaction.

Im considering just going back to Burlington.. at least there are no annoying RSOs hanging over your shoulder there.

just got an email from them saying that their intro club safety courses are completely booked until 2015.

just got an email from them saying that their intro club safety courses are completely booked until 2015.

You can still get in as a walk-in. Register for the course and try on the Thursdays.. Eventually they'll squeeze you in. I found the hours to be very useful on several occasions (usually before matches).

Must be even busier than it was before, with that many new members signing up.. hrmm.

You can still get in as a walk-in. Register for the course and try on the Thursdays.. Eventually they'll squeeze you in. I found the hours to be very useful on several occasions (usually before matches).

you mean register for a course in 2015 and just show up on a random thursday and try to get squeezed in as a walk-in?

you mean register for a course in 2015 and just show up on a random thursday and try to get squeezed in as a walk-in?

Correct.. Generally walk-ins are prioritized based on the date they applied for the safety course.. So if 2 guys show up, one is earmarked for 2015 and the other one for December, the guy earmarked for December will get in.

Correct.. Generally walk-ins are prioritized based on the date they applied for the safety course.. So if 2 guys show up, one is earmarked for 2015 and the other one for December, the guy earmarked for December will get in.

the email said that they were completely booked until the end of 2015, and not processing any new memberships at this time.

dang! has shooting become that much more popular?!

I think it started with the US backlash against further gun restrictions. Led to a renaissance that spilled over across the border. I hope it keeps going but I also hope new facilities open up. We had more clubs close down than there were new openings. A lot of them are like race tracks.. Citiots move right next to a range or race track and then raise a stink about the noise, try to shut it down.

Back
Top Bottom