Getting stuck behind a Harleytrain | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Getting stuck behind a Harleytrain

One way to avoid the "Harley train" is to get up early and do most of your "get out of town" riding before noon. Most of the cruiser crowd seem to be late risers and by the time they've had their breakfast, coffee, gassed up the bike, everyone's found their keys in one of 20 pockets and all the snaps and zippers on their leathers are done up and they are ready to ride it's almost time for lunch....... By this time you're at your destination and heading home against this type of traffic.

that's the same theory I have with traffic in general. In mid summer, head out at 8am and stop for a coffee/break further north. I'm usually back home by 2-3pm ready to enjoy a beer and bbq :)
I do though, enjoy a full day ride when I can fit one in.

A day off work midweek is the go. Sometimes the bike won't even move on Sat or Sun. Sometimes.

Why do people drop ~$40grand on these bikes and it vibrates like crazy. Workmate bought a Harley and you can see the stupid thing shake at idle. When you're shaking that much something is going to break / get loose at some point...

Some Harley models have counter balancers. Those don't shake much at all. Other models have rubber mounted engine and only shake at idle but smooth right out under steam. The $40,000 question is a little more complicated.

If we are here to complain about each other then I guess I'll rant about the sport bike that passed me in my lane while riding 200+ Kms. I wasn't doing slow either; 120 Kms in the right lane on the 401! Clip my bag and we both would of been finished:angry5:

what a ****** that guy was but on the plus side you will never be stuck behind him ;))

If we are here to complain about each other then I guess I'll rant about the sport bike that passed me in my lane while riding 200+ Kms. I wasn't doing slow either; 120 Kms in the right lane on the 401! Clip my bag and we both would of been finished:angry5:

whoa...guy passed you on the inside? thats just nutso

They didn't want to pass me, they wanted to fly in formation with me at the front. They had plenty of opportunities to pass. Lemmings.

Back
Top Bottom