Get out there ....Oct 2017 version | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Get out there ....Oct 2017 version

Pouring rain, windy and the electricity went out for a moment here.

What's the consensus on street rubber handling single digit temps? Is it comparable to typical summer/all season compounds for cars which if memory serves are solid up to about 7 deg

What's the consensus on street rubber handling single digit temps? Is it comparable to typical summer/all season compounds for cars which if memory serves are solid up to about 7 deg

I put mine away once winter hits, but I have been out before at 2-3c. Tires seemed fine, then again I wasn't pushing things at all, and was riding the same way I would in heavy rain.

cold one this morning boys. had to bundle up pretty hard and was frozen by the time I got to work lol. time for thermal gear

I gotta say, sucks that my heated vest died over last winter, but boy oh boy, that new touring jacket with liner i got on sale is the bees knees.

Rev'it, i want to take a minute to thank you for making quality gear.

I had tshirt, underarmour cold gear top, my jacket (that has liner)
Balaclava under helmet
Long johns, riding pants (that has liner)

t-max socks and regular urban riding boots, my colder weather gloves (not that great)
And the only part of me that was cold (even on the highway) was my freakin hands.

Even with the heated vest i haven't had this good of a protection in years. I feel like i could get down to 0 degrees (since it felt like -1 this morning according to accuweather)

yeah was pretty cold on the way in this morning, but then I turned the heated seats on, and the climate control up to 23c....much better ;-)

Just don't push it ...simple as that ....your masculinity is not dependent on your chicken strips...especially in late fall. ;)

yeah was pretty cold on the way in this morning, but then I turned the heated seats on, and the climate control up to 23c....much better ;-)
I had the grips on medium, and the heated liner barely turned on :)

hearing all these good stories about heated vest and how good they perform in the cold. I never had one and would like to purchased 1 but don't know anything about it.

Can someone recommend me some brands, where to get them at reasonable price, and chime in on their performance in the cold?

thanks

cold one this morning boys. had to bundle up pretty hard and was frozen by the time I got to work lol. time for thermal gear
"boys"? ?

I had all the layers but still the regular gloves. Boy were my fingers frozen, specially when I had to stop for gas. One of the only times I've had to pull over to switch over to the reserve too. Looks like the end of riding season is close for me. ?

Sent from my HTC U11 using GTAM mobile app

hearing all these good stories about heated vest and how good they perform in the cold. I never had one and would like to purchased 1 but don't know anything about it.

Can someone recommend me some brands, where to get them at reasonable price, and chime in on their performance in the cold?

thanks
I have a Gears genx3 heated jacket liner, with matching heated glove liners. Dual controller with one cable connected to the bike. Works very well, keeps me warm easily. I also have a Velocity/Firedupx infrared heated vest and matching heated gloves. Lithium batteries so no more cables, I also bought spare batteries for both. I mainly use the Velocity gear now, keeps me toasty warm on/off the bike and is awesome at the outdoor New Years bash downtown Barrie.
I also have Heat Demon heated grips on the bike as well as handguards.

One thing I have noticed is that I do prefer a full sleeve heated jacket liner vs a vest. Once my core is warm my arms feel cold.
Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Just when I sort my feet ....

Keep your raincoats and umbrellas handy this weekend, but you won’t need to bundle up too much.

Temperatures are expected to rise over the next few days and a chance of showers is looking likely.

Rainy weather will occupy most of the day Thursday, with a 60 per cent chance of precipitation says Environment Canada. Temperatures will rise to 15 C.

A high of 12 C is expected for Friday, with clear skies, sunshine and a few clouds in store.

Temperatures will drop on Saturday, with a slight chance of showers, a mix of sun and cloud, and a high of only 8 C.

Clouds will be making a re-appearance again on Sunday, though, bringing the potential for heavy showers expected to last into next week. A high of 17 C should make for a humid day.

Not complaining tho

Interestingly enough, on my Wednesday commute I only saw two other riders - both ladies. Ninja 300 downtown Albert St, and Suzuki supermoto on Yonge /York Mills.
I was out on Wednesday. I was not one of those two though. Did see another woman along O'Connor just south of Eglinton though, on a cafe racer.

Sent from my HTC U11 using GTAM mobile app

so nice today - sitting in the backyard in the sun getting my Vit D fix but no way to get out on the bike ...too few staff and too busy ....still it's nice to have some bright sun

Cleaning an polishing the HD this weekend for winter storage. Putting away the lawnmower, getting out the snowblower. Honda will still be accessible for those impulsive jaunts in the dry cool air.

Same here. Wash&blow-dry and a last ride for a fill-up. Swapping tires on the cars this weekend also. Still have one more dirt bike forest ride planned for the 13th though. I suspect they'll start spraying brine on the roads next week or the following, that'll be the end of road riding.

Keeping the lawnmower out as I'll probably use it to mulch the leaves on the lawn.

Back
Top Bottom