Follow Along: 600rr to California | Page 27 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Follow Along: 600rr to California

AWEsome

Heres another screen capture I got. I thought it was pretty cool.

248573_763362204760_89905068_41049355_5907932_n.jpg

gives new meaning the the term "the corkscrew!"

I passed a cop on the side of the road in the beginning of the video going about 80 and thought I was safe when he didnt come after me. WRONG! Another cop pulls me over 2 minutes later

Last edited:
I am starting to plan my trip for next year or the year after. Sorry if this has been mentioned but what are some of the important sites you are glad to have seen/traveled to?

Thanks.

I am starting to plan my trip for next year or the year after. Sorry if this has been mentioned but what are some of the important sites you are glad to have seen/traveled to?

Thanks.

It depends where your destination is and how much time you have.

It's all up in the air right now. Will be as long as I need it to be as I can take as many holidays as I need (2-4 weeks). I don't need to spend much time in one particular spot, I just want to see lots and ride some awesome roads.

Well I really enjoyed the roads near Rushmore, Colorado is a MUST, Arizona has pretty nice roads and scenery, California has nice canyons, and Utah has scenery you wont be able to find anywhere in North America.

I got most of my ideas and inspiration from www.advrider.com . Check it out!

Now that's what I call a road trip. Awesome job and the pictures are breath taking. Great videos.

Sorry about the lay downs but glad you and your bike got back in one piece. Too bad about the tickets but we all know the risk. But still sucks. I know trust me.

Congrats on the trip and the safe return to the GTA.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I just spent like 5 hours reading all 27 pages of this thread and I couldn't stop until I was done.
Thanks for sharing.

Now that's what I call a road trip. Awesome job and the pictures are breath taking. Great videos.

Sorry about the lay downs but glad you and your bike got back in one piece. Too bad about the tickets but we all know the risk. But still sucks. I know trust me.

Congrats on the trip and the safe return to the GTA.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I just spent like 5 hours reading all 27 pages of this thread and I couldn't stop until I was done.
Thanks for sharing.

Ya it did kind of suck about the laydowns, unfortunately, when riding for so long at a time, you tend to neglect warning signs from yourself/other vehicles and the potential for bad things to happen go up.

As for the tickets, I just see it as a tax. Considering I was speeding almost all of my 12 000km trip, $450 isnt too bad.

awesome
dude how was your *** on that bike....back?numb hands?

The stock seat made for a very sore ***. Back wasnt too bad, I was forced to sit upright most of the time because of the lack of space on my seat and my backpack was sitting on my tent behind me. Numb hands? Very numb, but that was because I put too much weight on them while riding especially when in the cold. On some days, I was pretty much tucking the whole day to avoid the wind/cold, put too much weight on my hand between my index and thumb which caused for very sore hands. Fingers were very sore half way through the trip as a result of frostbite and the skin on my fingers were shedding. Everything was back to normal after 2-3 weeks though, I was worried I was going to have permanent frostbite/lack of blood circulation damage.

what was your setup for gps...iphone..camera etc

If you watch the video posted above, at 2:45 you can see his GPS and Iphone (or it might have been an itouch). His camera is on his helmet/shoulder I think.

what was your setup for gps...iphone..camera etc

Setup for the GPS and iPod Touch were RAM mounts attached to my clip-ons.

SPOT tracker was in my pants pocket or backpack

iPhone in my pocket

GoPro on my helmet or front of my bike. Would have been more stable on the top of my helmet instead of the side.

DSLR around my neck when using it, in my backpack when I wasnt.

You can see the iPod and GPS setup in my videos.

Heres a picture of how it looked like:
248756_765014862820_89905068_41096518_98733_n.jpg

Got some motivation to go through and process some videos. Here is another one that I promised oh some 7 months ago. MILLION DOLLAR HIGHWAY!!! It was a 1.5 hour ride through endless twisties on a road cut alongside a mountain bypassing 3 mountain passes. This is not a place where you want to make a mistake..

[video=youtube;lmqvF9pKl0c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmqvF9pKl0c[/video]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom