Finders Keepers | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Finders Keepers

Why you......

We can go ride together when i get it!
moto.gif

Additional information.
It is the tow truck driver's call as to the property owner having to pay for the tow.
If the vehicle is in reasonable condition and there is a likelihood it will be claimed, the driver may waive a fee.
The property owner would never be on the hook for storage, just for the cost of the tow.

Additional information.
It is the tow truck driver's call as to the property owner having to pay for the tow.
If the vehicle is in reasonable condition and there is a likelihood it will be claimed, the driver may waive a fee.
lol yea when given a choice, tow truck drivers will definitely be fair

don't have it towed.
If the property owner is the landlord and the owner was a tenant, he can apply to the LTB and claim the bike as abandoned property. He has to file the paperwork and wait 30 days (I think its 170 bucks), and he might have already filed it to get back into the unit.
If its for a building that has parking available, the property owner can apply to have a lien put against the bike. Its the same process a mechanic uses when someone brings in a vehicle to fix and doesnt pay.

I was wondering if someone in this thread could help me pick up a bike please.
Parked my red Hayabusa in my grandma's shed, need it delivered to my place.
It needs to be picked up around 3am because my grandma is sick and i don't want to disturb her, so the person needs to be very quiet when rolling it out.
PM me for the address, it's in niagara falls area. 500$ cash upon delivery. Don't damage it. :agave:
i need a hitch for my car, a new windshield so i can safety it, some flex pipe, an etest and an axle with wheels for the trailer and i can do that for you.

Really???? Why would I bother lying on an anonymous forum, or asking you for advice on how to unload a stolen bike??? Landlord has tried contacting owner/former tenant for months with no contact or returned messages. My buddy offers to remove bike to save the landlord doing it. I don't have more details than that. Other than suggesting he try to get somewhere with the VIN to cover his butt, I was just looking for some advice on whether it may be worth pursuing as a parts bike. I've seen it in the lot covered for a long time now, parts lying around, and he's told me how the guy has skipped out. F@$k You.
Someone asks for advice and got GTAM'D
Some things about this forum NEVER change.

Someone asks for advice and got GTAM'D
Some things about this forum NEVER change.
Amusing to me is when I say GTAM'D I pronounce it gotdamned. Sorry. I'm bored.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

don't have it towed.
If the property owner is the landlord and the owner was a tenant, he can apply to the LTB and claim the bike as abandoned property. He has to file the paperwork and wait 30 days (I think its 170 bucks), and he might have already filed it to get back into the unit.
If its for a building that has parking available, the property owner can apply to have a lien put against the bike. Its the same process a mechanic uses when someone brings in a vehicle to fix and doesnt pay.

If the tenant has moved out of the unit in the building and there is no lease or other options in force.
Tow it.
There is abundant case law going back over a century that property left behind in this situation is abandoned.
If the owner of the motorcycle wants it back, he will know where it is from the registered letters.
He can make a claim against the tow company. It's their bike now.
This is why you have the police deal with it the legal way.

If the tenant has moved out of the unit in the building and there is no lease or other options in force.
Tow it.
There is abundant case law going back over a century that property left behind in this situation is abandoned.
If the owner of the motorcycle wants it back, he will know where it is from the registered letters.
He can make a claim against the tow company. It's their bike now.
This is why you have the police deal with it the legal way.

You also get the police involved so when the PO calls in to report his bike as stolen they merely advise which tow company now has possession of it.

LOL at the OP ...

your buddy is a thief ... watch your stuff around him or something of yours might disappear at some point

:p :p :p

I'll catch up on this thread in the next few days. I can't believe this thread is still alive and pumping. Poor guy was looking for one or two peoples two cents and look what happened. Lol

Just got a chance to catch up on what I missed since I last posted. LOL. Too funny.

Isn't it amazing what bad riding weather will to to a thread in a motorcycle forum.
I presume you meant 'will do to' and yes, absolutely. I feel like this particular member had it coming with this particular inquiry and how he went about it. A lot of people are fair weather riders though, so theoretically they parked their bikes a month ago ++ and have been bitter since. I know first hand from my own friends from GTAM on the Whatsapp group I made that the $|-|i+ talking had certainly gotten more/worse with the closing of riding season.
'Finding bikes' or talking smack are non productive ways of passing the time. However entertaining these short term solutions may or not be for everyone.

Last edited:
I presume you meant 'will do to' and yes, absolutely. I feel like this particular member had it coming with this particular inquiry and how he went about it.

One of life's greatest temptations is something for nothing. Whether it's a free bike or free boat or something left at the side of the road almost everything legally belongs to someone even if no one wants it. As Hedo and others point out, the legal way of obtaining such items often outweighs the value.

An abandoned rotted out fiberglass boat is a liability. The owner doesn't want to pay to have it scrapped. The property owner where it is stored wants it gone. The dump wants money to process it. A dreamer wants to restore it if he can get it absolutely free but in many cases can't even find out name or location of the true owner.

And leaving half a coffee and Sun at your table doesn't assure it's survival when stepping away for a deuce.

One of life's greatest temptations is something for nothing. Whether it's a free bike or free boat or something left at the side of the road almost everything legally belongs to someone even if no one wants it. As Hedo and others point out, the legal way of obtaining such items often outweighs the value.

An abandoned rotted out fiberglass boat is a liability. The owner doesn't want to pay to have it scrapped. The property owner where it is stored wants it gone. The dump wants money to process it. A dreamer wants to restore it if he can get it absolutely free but in many cases can't even find out name or location of the true owner.

In the situation outlined, the frame of the bike is damaged, so it has little or no value to be ridden.
When the 90 days are up, make the tow company an offer before it goes to auction.
It still has value for it's parts and the tow company will probably be happy to get rid of it.

In the situation outlined, the frame of the bike is damaged, so it has little or no value to be ridden.
When the 90 days are up, make the tow company an offer before it goes to auction.
It still has value for it's parts and the tow company will probably be happy to get rid of it.

I believe the lien holder has to attempt to get the maximum price for the item and give the legal owner any surplus. An auction covers all the bases. In this case the bike wouldn't pay the storage fees. However the legal owner could still raise a fuss because it had sentimental value and due process wasn't followed.

BTW this is also one of the reasons some shops won't work on old bikes.

Back
Top Bottom