Finders Keepers | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Finders Keepers

I was wondering if someone in this thread could help me pick up a bike please.
Parked my red Hayabusa in my grandma's shed, need it delivered to my place.
It needs to be picked up around 3am because my grandma is sick and i don't want to disturb her, so the person needs to be very quiet when rolling it out.
PM me for the address, it's in niagara falls area. 500$ cash upon delivery. Don't damage it. :agave:

Wow, GTAM has now really turned into a forum of ********, guy asked a question, no need to be pricks about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
No updates. Won't see my friend until tomorrow. Yeah my friend not me....... Thanks Statsman for the info (only took about 60 posts to get some constructive information), and ZX600 (I agree, could be why I don't bother coming on GTAM much anymore). I just threw out a question about what someone was looking at based on an ABANDONED bike (yeah it's still owned, licensed etc, but landlord is not getting any response back on it and it's in the way, so they've moved it out of the parking lot). I don't know what they have planned for it now.

No updates. Won't see my friend until tomorrow. Yeah my friend not me....... Thanks Statsman for the info (only took about 60 posts to get some constructive information), and ZX600 (I agree, could be why I don't bother coming on GTAM much anymore). I just threw out a question about what someone was looking at based on an ABANDONED bike (yeah it's still owned, licensed etc, but landlord is not getting any response back on it and it's in the way, so they've moved it out of the parking lot). I don't know what they have planned for it now.

Actually Post #8 gave you the info you needed. I also later in the thread stated that you shouldn't be given a hard time that it appeared that your friend didn't provie you with all the details in the initial conversation IE that it still has a valid plate affixed to it. Glad your friend has stepped away let the landlord deal with it, even if he messes up and gives the bike away at least your friend will have "clean hands" Good lesson learned.

If he still wants the bike for parts, wait 90 days then make the tow company an offer.

If as you stated the frame is damaged, they will probably be glad to unload it.

I'd like to see this resolved before the new year. Also get treatment for the glue sniffing. K? thx bye.

If he still wants the bike for parts, wait 90 days then make the tow company an offer.

If as you stated the frame is damaged, they will probably be glad to unload it.
So now the tow company benefits from it? I don't understand how people are not okay with what the OP was trying to do but are OK with the towing company doing the same and getting the benefit from it.

I would have prefer for the OP's friend haven't got the bike and not the dirty tow company.

So now the tow company benefits from it? I don't understand how people are not okay with what the OP was trying to do but are OK with the towing company doing the same and getting the benefit from it.

I would have prefer for the OP's friend haven't got the bike and not the dirty tow company.

Under the laws of the province of Ontario, this is the way it has to be done.
There are probably a dozen abandoned vehicles towed from private property every day in the city.
As most are worthless, it is the property owners who have to pay because a tenant couldn't be bothered taking their trash with them when they left.
If you want to feel sorry for someone, feel sorry for the property owner who has to pay for the tow.

I checked with a friend at the Toronto Police and this is the policy regarding vehicles abandoned on private property.
The property owner must contact parking enforcement. A parking officer will attend. He will do the paperwork necessary to have the vehicle towed.
This includes a waiver that absolves the police from all liability.
The parking officer will also check the plate or VIN to see if its stolen.
The tow company will then attend. If the vehicle is of little or no value, the tow driver may request payment for the tow from the property owner in advance.
After 30 days, the tow company will send a registered letter to the last owner.
After 60 days another registered letter and after 90 days a third.
At this point the tow company own the vehicle and will sell the vehicle at auction for whatever they can get.

Considering what storage charges are and if the vehicle is a beater or worse it could cost the property owner a bundle to get rid of it.

I've been offered a few free boats from property owners. Usually the boats are junk and the property owner doesn't own the boat. I pass.

Everyone just wants the thing to disappear but no one wants the expense of doing it right.

Albeit mostly an "accounting" thing but technically the tow company doesn't benefit from it. They have to store the bike for 90 days which if the owner wanted it back at that point it would be, "likely" a couple of thousand in storage fees. The system is set up so the tow company can hopefully recover some of it's "costs" for storage of the vehicle, for the 90 days. If indeed the bike has a cracked frame the tow company won't see anywhere near what they would charge for storage of the vehicle, as a result of selling the vehicle. If they wanted to the tow company could not even offer the bike for sale as a complete unit but they also have the option to part it out, but they won't as that is too much hassle. They will in all liklihood call one of the bike slavage yeards who will buy it and then part it out. But as stated the OP's friend has the option of expressing interest to the tow company and getting "in" early in the process. But under the law the tow company, (given that it has a valid plate) dispose of it for a minimum of 90 days, and they must first post notices of their intent to sell it off in lieu of unpaid storage fees, (yet another cost).

The other issue is the tow company is LEGALLY disposing of it rather than the OP's friend simply deciding to steal it.

Last edited:
This plays into why so many townhouses , condos and apts have policies on storing tent trailers, boats, un plated cars on the property. The 'its just here for a week' turns into ' I moved to another city, bye bye'

There are companies that have the police contract for towing in different parts of Toronto.
Part of the deal in getting the contract is they have to take the junkers off private property and dispose of them legally.
Doing the rush hour tows and the like more than makes up for the inconvenience of dealing with the abandoned vehicles.
As stated earlier, it is the property owner who may get stuck with the cost of the tow.

This plays into why so many townhouses , condos and apts have policies on storing tent trailers, boats, un plated cars on the property. The 'its just here for a week' turns into ' I moved to another city, bye bye'
I've never looked at it that way. That makes sense now.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Stopped in today and the bike is lying on it's side. Someone tried to get into a pannier and the whole thing fell over. Heavy mother so no one's going to bother putting it upright. My buddy will be speaking with the landlord and washing his hands of the whole thing. He moved it out of the parking lot proper and it can sit there forever more.

Stopped in today and the bike is lying on it's side. Someone tried to get into a pannier and the whole thing fell over. Heavy mother so no one's going to bother putting it upright. My buddy will be speaking with the landlord and washing his hands of the whole thing. He moved it out of the parking lot proper and it can sit there forever more.

Hope it wasn't another friend of yours that tipped it over.

A property owner would only be charged for the initial tow. They are not responsible for storage fees etc. That is why the tow company is able to sell the vehicle off in an attempt to recover those costs. If the vehicle is an obvious beater the tow company will place in the rear of their yard so they can just drop it once and leave it sit for the 90 days

Considering what storage charges are and if the vehicle is a beater or worse it could cost the property owner a bundle to get rid of it.

I've been offered a few free boats from property owners. Usually the boats are junk and the property owner doesn't own the boat. I pass.

Everyone just wants the thing to disappear but no one wants the expense of doing it right.

I was wondering if someone in this thread could help me pick up a bike please.
Parked my red Hayabusa in my grandma's shed, need it delivered to my place.
It needs to be picked up around 3am because my grandma is sick and i don't want to disturb her, so the person needs to be very quiet when rolling it out.
PM me for the address, it's in niagara falls area. 500$ cash upon delivery. Don't damage it. :agave:

Why you......

Back
Top Bottom