Finally! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Finally!

On the plus side PA is only a 2hour ride from the border.

On the plus side PA is only a 2hour ride from the border.

It's the trip through Toronto and the length of the QEW that make it somewhat sucky at the beginning and end, especially for us east enders.

Although longer, going around through Kingston to avoid the hell that is Toronto isn't a terrible plan for you.

Indeed, and have done that many times, but if your destination is the good roads in Pennsylvania, you are still 2+ hours away when you cross the border there versus about half hour/45 minutes south when you cross at Buffalo before you're on the edge of some decent stuff at least.

And the stretch of I 81 down from the thousand islands is pretty bleargh.

You will also see many more cops in New York.

You also see insanely better drivers and driver behaviour as a direct result, versus our Wild West roads here. I'm kind of OK with that.

Nice.. another mid-life crisis buddy... lol.. I am early 40s too.. got my license on the tail-end of CoVID.. just got my full M when LC had their season starter... where abouts in the GTA are you? I assume GTA.. :)

Safe riding and props to full gear (me too)

Nice.. another mid-life crisis buddy... lol.. I am early 40s too.. got my license on the tail-end of CoVID.. just got my full M when LC had their season starter... where abouts in the GTA are you? I assume GTA.. :)

Safe riding and props to full gear (me too)
Excellent! I'm in East York along the Danforth. Been doing a bunch of early morning rides. Between 6:15 and 7:15am, city roads are clear. What bike did you end up getting?

Excellent! I'm in East York along the Danforth. Been doing a bunch of early morning rides. Between 6:15 and 7:15am, city roads are clear. What bike did you end up getting?
lol. Same. I m so East of East York I m in Scarborough. At Danforth/Danforth.

I started out in a KTM RC 390 now in An Aprilia RS660

Hey! Leaside village here... although with any luck not for much longer. Too expensive to stay here, will probably further east into Durham before summer ends.

lol. Same. I m so East of East York I m in Scarborough. At Danforth/Danforth.

I started out in a KTM RC 390 now in An Aprilia RS660
Ah - so you're right near 109 cycle eh? They did the safety on my bike in early March. Seem like decent guys.
Any good coffee shops open at 6:30am out your way? My little morning circuit has a Starbucks at Lakeshore and Leslie which is decent but I'm looking for more options to the east.

Hey! Leaside village here... although with any luck not for much longer. Too expensive to stay here, will probably further east into Durham before summer ends.
Oh ok so you're close to OTO MOTO. Any experience with those guys? I was in there the other day and seems like a decent shop. Apparently they used to serve coffee or something but that's not a thing anymore. What are you riding?

Oh ok so you're close to OTO MOTO. Any experience with those guys? I was in there the other day and seems like a decent shop. Apparently they used to serve coffee or something but that's not a thing anymore. What are you riding?
Last time I was there, there was a ton of construction and a pain to access. Pretty tiny shop, with nice enough people there. That's it for my experience with them. Currently riding a SV650x, and back and forth about a cruiser for this season also.

Last time I was there, there was a ton of construction and a pain to access. Pretty tiny shop, with nice enough people there. That's it for my experience with them. Currently riding a SV650x, and back and forth about a cruiser for this season also.
Nice. Once I've had my licence for a bit, (and insurance eases up?) the SV650 is definitely on my list for a more powerful bike.

Ah - so you're right near 109 cycle eh? They did the safety on my bike in early March. Seem like decent guys.
Any good coffee shops open at 6:30am out your way? My little morning circuit has a Starbucks at Lakeshore and Leslie which is decent but I'm looking for more options to the east.
yeah man.. 109 cycle is close to me.. but i don't use them.. i actually just go wash my cage there.. :)

coffee shop? u want fancy coffee? there is a boutique coffee and bread place on Kingston and Birchcliff....

The Birchcliff -- only issue is i don't know if it open that early...
Grayson Bread -- bread place

or if you go on kingston to midland.. there is also a starbucks there...

Last edited:
yeah man.. 109 cycle is close to me.. but i don't use them.. i actually just go wash my cage there.. :)

coffee shop? u want fancy coffee? there is a boutique coffee and bread place on Kingston and Birchcliff....

The Birchcliff -- only issue is i don't know if it open that early...
Grayson Bread -- bread place

or if you go on kingston to midland.. there is also a starbucks there...
Ah ya I remember the Birchcliff. I have a client out there. The trouble with the fancy coffee shops is they're never open when you need them most. In the morning.

Never heard of Grayson bread but I'm going to check it out. Appreciate the east side tips!

Back
Top Bottom