federal election - who are you voting for | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

federal election - who are you voting for

I can't relate to someone who I cannot see their face

What? You want I should pm you my picture or should we continue communicating like two ships passing in the night?

What? You want I should pm you my picture or should we continue communicating like two ships passing in the night?
No pictures thanks. We're not discussing important matters, no need to see your mug

There is irony to the Conservative Party alienating a large community that is conservative themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A helping hand would be giving one or the other, not all of the above

The better start you give to new citizens the more likely they will be productive members of society which is something we all want. Its a smart investment. Without a safety net new refugees are ripe to become entangled in crime as many are preyed upon without other options.

There is irony to the Conservative Party alienating a large community that is conservative themselves.

I was thinking the same thing while watching protests over the new sex ed curriculum. Both groups want to keep their children ignorant to the realities of the world we live in.

The better start you give to new citizens the more likely they will be productive members of society which is something we all want. Its a smart investment. Without a safety net new refugees are ripe to become entangled in crime as many are preyed upon without other options.

So we should export the First Nations folks and re import them? it may turn out better?

hat, coat, see yah..............

So we should export the First Nations folks and re import them? it may turn out better?

hat, coat, see yah..............

Are you going to ignore the generations of systematic/cultural abuse and the role it plays?

My parents are immigrants, took nothing from the government & turned out fine. They came with literally the clothes on their backs

Leaning more NDP as the lesser of several evils. Can't vote for Harper as he's a disaster for what Canada should stand for and will take us to US Lite. Trudeau is a dumb rich kid with a fancy name and no ideas mouthing whatever things other people tell him to get votes, and Mulcair has recently stood by his statements...however much you might disagree with them and actually owned them. The Niqab thing is a total distraction but it has shown how parties manipulate things for their own gain and for me the NDP wasn't manipulating or posturing half as much as the other idiots.

My parents are immigrants, took nothing from the government & turned out fine. They came with literally the clothes on their backs

Whats your point? Because your parents were successful at it no one else has an excuse? When did your parents come to Canada? I bet housing was affordable and there were still jobs paying a living wage that didn't require higher education. I would also guess your parents had a support community here when they arrived unless they lived in a cardboard box when they got here as its hard to get a job and find housing when you only have the clothes on your back and nothing else or was this an exaggeration to try and put down people who really are arriving with only the clothes they have and no community support?

Regardless even in your own words your parents were immigrants not refugees. Big difference.

Lets just get Harper out! Anyone but Harper! I'd vote for a rock if i could before i vote for Harper.
NDP it is and ive been following these parties for years so its not a spontaneous random decision.

The Niqab thing is a total distraction

Yep distracting people with hate so that they vote against their own self interests. Anyone remember the uproar over mounties being allowed to wear turbans? Hasn't been talked about since because it really is a non issue and the niqab issue will be the same. Xenophobia is a powerful manipulation tool.

We were also immigrants, but we had the benefit of bringing a lot with us and my father came here first. Had a helping hand where he worked since Day #1 from arriving in Canada (on the Pearson Airport expansion back in the 1980s) and then we moved here in '89. They've both worked every day since until my mom had a workplace accident and hasn't been able to work since. Regardless, we had a support system that helped us get on our feet so that helped 100%.

As for refugees, yes I agree that they require a helping hand. However at what stage does that hand stop helping? Personally I'm of the belief that welfare, and refugee help should have some cutoff date. Otherwise it doesn't allow for people to get off it, just keep mooching off it indefinitely (as many of them work a cash job to cheat the system). Should be a date where it goes from 100% down to 75% down to 50% down to 0% percent within an XX timeframe.

We were also immigrants, but we had the benefit of bringing a lot with us and my father came here first. Had a helping hand where he worked since Day #1 from arriving in Canada (on the Pearson Airport expansion back in the 1980s) and then we moved here in '89. They've both worked every day since until my mom had a workplace accident and hasn't been able to work since. Regardless, we had a support system that helped us get on our feet so that helped 100%.

As for refugees, yes I agree that they require a helping hand. However at what stage does that hand stop helping? Personally I'm of the belief that welfare, and refugee help should have some cutoff date. Otherwise it doesn't allow for people to get off it, just keep mooching off it indefinitely (as many of them work a cash job to cheat the system). Should be a date where it goes from 100% down to 75% down to 50% down to 0% percent within an XX timeframe.

In an ideal world everyone would be able to move off welfare but until we re-vamp welfare so its not an all or nothing it won't change. Many single mothers have to stay on welfare for the benefits for their children. If they worked full time most jobs they have access to wouldn't have coverage for dental or medicines let alone trying to sort out child care. The system needs to do more to make that transition a reality.

Of all the people I have talked to on welfare its a very small percentage that want to be on it and would jump at the chance to work a living wage job. Too bad the jobs that pay a living wage without significant investment into higher education are disappearing.

All this talk about immigrants! Maybe Harper doesn't know his own history but we are ALL immigrants including Harper and his family! A few generations earlier or later but we are all immigrants.

They dish out this nonsense and the uneducated swallows all their BS!

bd3f6268e6e94074fb1d42c839c314b4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom