federal election - who are you voting for | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

federal election - who are you voting for

What about the refugees that just comes in here, get free hotel, food, startup cash & citizenship?

They are not allowed to work. Forced labor camps are frowned upon, dunno maybe we should hand out uber phones and fake insurance slips at the airport so they can take care of themselves.

Don't worry about your pride, it'll be your wallet that will be lowered by the Libs or Dippers if they get in.

You must be joking - you're claiming the Conservatives have been fiscally conservative during their tenure?

I've combed thru this thread and other fine publications with a fine tooth and am still conflicted as to what the reasonable man would do. Dance with the one who brung ya? OK, Harper it is. Subject to change of course. NDP looks pretty good. And, as noted, Justin has nice hair.

You must be joking - you're claiming the Conservatives have been fiscally conservative during their tenure?

And this is where they lost me.

I used to consider myself socially liberal but fiscally conservative. I don't anymore. If I could believe that any party would govern with less waste and more bang for my tax buck I would vote for them... Regardless of colour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s the stuff of a gripping spy thriller — international intrigue, stolen identities and even a mail-order diaper business.
But for two brothers who were stripped of their Canadian citizenship when their parents were unmasked as Russian spies, none of that is important. The only thing that truly matters to them is the return of what they see as their birthright — their citizenship.
Alexander Vavilov, 21, and his older brother, Timothy, 25, are in the midst of a legal battle to get their citizenship back, arguing they shouldn’t be penalized for the sins of their parents.
“It is not fair to punish us for something we have nothing to do with. We have done nothing wrong,” Alexander Vavilov told the Star in an exclusive interview from an undisclosed city in Europe, where he is studying for an undergraduate degree.
“I now feel I must live in exile because of past events completely out of my control or knowledge,” the former Toronto resident said. “I believe that if I don’t fight for my rightful citizenship I may never be able to return to my birthplace.”

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...ight/ar-AAf9B9C?li=AAadgLE&ocid=mailsignoutmd

How dare people get a helping hand after escaping a certain death.
A helping hand would be giving one or the other, not all of the above

For the "Anybody but Harper" crowd, this site is aimed at curbing vote splitting between NDP, Liberal and Green in your riding. http://www.strategicvoting.ca/

I'm going Trudeau. What could be worse than 4 more years of Harper.

but that LIAR Turdo supported it, now he's backtracking and coming out against revoking citizenship (he'll backtrack on that again if he wins). Never trust a Lieberal. t.
This part i agree with. Liberals stand for nothing. I hate conservatives bu i respect them more than Liberals. Because at least they stand for something and are honest about it. Liberals stand for noithing. Always positioning themselves in the middle and go at whatevre direction the wind is blowing that day!

LOL the death knell of the Liberal party. If you don't stand for something you die for nothing!

Haha is that a spin on Malcolm X's quote? If you stand for nothing, you will fall for everything.
Says a lot about Liberals lol

And this is where they lost me.

I used to consider myself socially liberal but fiscally conservative. I don't anymore. If I could believe that any party would govern with less waste and more bang for my tax buck I would vote for them... Regardless of colour.

Agreed. I have never in my life voted NDP, and only once for the Liberals. But this "Conservative" party has lost me..

Harper's conservatives have "lied, flouted rules and stymied democracy to achieve political and ideological goals" as shown in the below articles, and all this on top of the complete lack of fiscal responsibility I always believed in...
http://goo.gl/wvLWP9 and http://goo.gl/7nIINU

As well as repeated assaults on our Charter Rights...
http://goo.gl/r4f2Pj

I've combed thru this thread and other fine publications with a fine tooth and am still conflicted as to what the reasonable man would do. Dance with the one who brung ya? OK, Harper it is. Subject to change of course. NDP looks pretty good. And, as noted, Justin has nice hair.

Justin's hair is rather hypnotic, but I have to go NDP... same old Liberals hiding under that beautiful quaft

same old Liberals hiding under that beautiful quaft

This is absolutely true. They backed cons on most everything but now they are trying to distance themselves from how they voted! Cowards.

Im not a NDP fanboy either but they seem to be the only choice left as far as ANY change would evern be remotely possible. Liberals and cons are the same product packaged differently

If you aren't voting don't participate in this thread and don't post please.

They already bought teacher votes with more benefits promised to them.

More teacher bashing .. sigh......

With that I haven't decided. Been voting for the last 32 years. Never missed a ballot box from Municipal to Federal. If ya don't vote ya don't have a right to *****. Or so they say.

More teacher bashing .. sigh......

I've never seen any profession featured so heavily in the news. Can't just put nose to grindstone like everybody else? BTW, any relation tho Tug McGraw?

I've never seen any profession featured so heavily in the news. Can't just put nose to grindstone like everybody else? BTW, any relation tho Tug McGraw?

Never been one for baseball so nope ;-)

Yeah they are in the news a lot as of late. Well EFTO since they don't have a contract yet. I think the reason they are in the news so much is the media likes to cover them. They also like to pick up stories on other trade unions like auto workers and municipal workers. Seems they like to stir the crab bucket mentality. Obviously when it comes to public elementary teachers it effects a lot of people on a personal level when service goes outside the norm.

Back to elections. I should add IMO our democracy is anything but. First past the poll does not work. Again in my opinion. You can have 2/3 of a riding vote centre or left of centre but a right winger can win it.
So 20 000 vote NDP. 20 000 vote Liberal and 21 000 vote Conservative. Right wing takes the seat but not left leaning popular vote. Proportional representation perhaps.

If nurses could strike... That'd be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Niqab was founded in a society where they are not even allowed to work. It has no place in a workplace or official ceremonies. I can't relate to someone who I cannot see their face

Niqab was founded in a society where they are not even allowed to work. It has no place in a workplace or official ceremonies. I can't relate to someone who I cannot see their face

Funny thing, no one in the civil service wears one today! Obviously a huge election issue.

After-all, women who are not allowed to work due to cultural or religious reasons are all working, oh wait...

Last edited:
A more important question should be asked, would anyone vote for someone who covers their face?

Back
Top Bottom