F1 Thread!!! | Page 71 | GTAMotorcycle.com

F1 Thread!!!

What's the deal with Haas this season? They appear to be bringing up the rear and as I understand it they brought in Mazepin because the German sponsors wanted a German driver (just what I picked up from somewhat watching the F1 Net show).

Er,. Mazepin is actually russian

I think Haas is slowly giving up on the team and will sell it. He's probably tired of self-sponsoring the team and spending all the money just to try to get to midpack, nevermind the top of the grid. So the car's quality is falling, and the Ferrari engine is still not yet back to its pre-caught-cheeting output.

On top of that, he has a pay driver in Mazepin, and Mick Schumacher, who they likely took to lower some of his Ferrari engine bills. (Schumacher is a Ferrari development driver)

Re: Mazepin, Recency bias probably kicking in, but I can't remember this bad a pay-driver in F1 in a long time.

Schumacher has some potential but he has some serious odds to overcome at Haas.

Last edited:
I also wonder that. Didn't they literally mention Hungary 2019 on the radio as soon as Lewis pitted? And Max transmitted a despondent message about grip JUST before Lewis came in.
The would have lost a position and no guarantee that Max would be able to take it back. So they decided to rush and stay out instead.
What's the deal with Haas this season? They appear to be bringing up the rear and as I understand it they brought in Mazepin because the German sponsors wanted a German driver (just what I picked up from somewhat watching the F1 Net show).
The officially gave up on this year and working on the next one. Plus what @Chaos has said.

I ended up subscribing to F1tv. I have to say the 30 minute edited races are a great watch. I like F1 but am not hardcore about it, so the full race sometimes dulls me out. The 30 minute edit compacts all the drama while remove all the droning along laps.

shame they cancelled Montreal GP this year,

was looking forward to visiting again as its Honda's last year, and I won't be able to savour the sweet melodic sounds of that powerplant in person.

Damn you covid....

was looking forward to visiting again as its Honda's last year, and I won't be able to savour the sweet melodic sounds of that powerplant in person.

Damn you covid....

I'm glad I went to watch in the early 90's... :)

Watkin's Glen in the 60's - REAL Hondas!
You have a few more grey hairs than me...

Brands Hatch 1982, mix of Cosworth early days of Turbos and the V12 alfa.

The glen is probably similar to Brands in the way the sound is projected from the engines and musically harmonized with the surrounding trees/forest.

Damn you covid....
Don't worry, you'll still be able to when they go back to Montreal. Sure Honda are officially leaving at the end of this season, but it'll be those same engines in the Red Bulls until the end of 2024, it'll just be rebadged as Red Bull Engines (unless they license the name out).

Don't worry, you'll still be able to when they go back to Montreal. Sure Honda are officially leaving at the end of this season, but it'll be those same engines in the Red Bulls until the end of 2024, it'll just be rebadged as Red Bull Engines (unless they license the name out).
It will be interesting to see if it comes back. Gov't throws a crapload of money at F1. Will there be enough in the slush fund post-covid to pay for the race?

they, RB. poached a least a quarter of the Mercedes engine staff. it wont be a "real" Honda anymore (although Honda is surrendering some of their engineers to this program as well)

Interestingly, before mercedes became mercedes, it was the old Honda team. I'll be gutted if Red Bull starts dominating next year again.

It will be interesting to see if it comes back. Gov't throws a crapload of money at F1. Will there be enough in the slush fund post-covid to pay for the race?

they just blew 100 mil on a new paddock, you better believe its going to come back.

I believe they extended their F1 contract for another year or more to make up for the covid years.

I wonder why RedBull didn't also pit for new tires.
In an equal battle between Lewis and Max, I think Lewis might win. He can drive more consistently on the limits than Max, thanks to his experience. So even if Red Bull had pitted, Lewis would have been up his gearbox in no time so they might have thought to take a chance and run all the way till the end - which obviously also didn't pay off. This is my theory and I may be completely wrong...

Edit: I completely missed a chain of comments on this page while posting lol

Congrats Max, RB and Honda. Well deserved

long season to go, but we'll take the lead in the championship and constructors for now and enjoy.

More please...

Congrats Max for not pulling a Leclerc , otherwise it wasn 't a Red Bull winning that race.

Great to see Mercedes at least look challenged , and again Botas ...... he should really consider go carting, they dont do tire changes

What's up with tsn? Night before practice and still tbd on which channel(s) for this weekend?

Back
Top Bottom