F1 Thread!!! | Page 66 | GTAMotorcycle.com

F1 Thread!!!

Lewis is a wanker and Nico has the personality of a brick.

Nine times out of ten Lewis will beat him. However, racing is never that simple. Does he win another title? Unlikely. I still think not defending the title is a cop out.

The sport needs more Alonso. That guy gives no phucks this season lol

Side Note:
Great interview(?) with Jensen Button done by GQ. Definitely speaks his mind.
http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/articl...d-tour-killing-birds-and-ramming-nico-rosberg

Nine times out of ten Lewis will beat him. However, racing is never that simple. Does he win another title? Unlikely. I still think not defending the title is a cop out.

No sheet ... feels like a kid who got extremely lucky, got his one moment and runs away. Never liked him from day one. I am also convinced that another 5 guys on the current roster could have won in that car. The gap is simply too large ...

Making passes via pit strategy is just about the most boring thing possible. I like F1 from the technical and engineering side, but the racing has become a real snoozer 90% of the time. There is hardly any wheel to wheel racing anymore. Something MotoGP still has in spades.
Exactly, I don't think races should be won on the Pits, they should be won by cutting someones line into the last corner.

Making passes via pit strategy is just about the most boring thing possible. I like F1 from the technical and engineering side, but the racing has become a real snoozer 90% of the time. There is hardly any wheel to wheel racing anymore. Something MotoGP still has in spades.

Pits stops do shuffle things around.

The biggest issue with F1 is there is little passing and having the stops means that at least some passing is required.

..Tom

In the last 3years F1 since they changed all the regulation it's been a downfall, especially for viewers. less downforce, smaller tires, and the engine sound literally they sound like my blow drier... all this means to slower the f1 cars around corners...pretty pathetic! I've been following f1 since 1978, and this is by far the worse f1 ever! Next year they will change again to bigger tires, more engine sound, and more downforce. Another new era ...with new drivers like Vandoorne and the Canadian Stroll and possibly in Mercedes Wehrlein to replace Rosberg.

They are still looking for a replacement .... there must be a talent here on GTAM.

f1-mercedes-amg-f1-driver-advert-2016-mercedes-amg-f1-driver-advert.jpg

That is just a formality...Lauda and Wolff already know who will replace Rosberg. All the top drivers have already a contract until the end of 2017 like Vettel/Alonso.

Nobody is immune to a fitting get-out clause ... just a matter of how much.

With the coming rule changes, Mercedes dominance is not a guarantee; had this occurred two years ago I think drivers buying out of contracts would be more likely. That said, stranger has happened.

Wouldn't Alonso showing up rub Hamilton all sorts of wrong haha... If the Merc bosses are really that ****** at Hamilton, it could be some incentive to make him understand it's Mercedes first.. One can dream; besides, the racing is so boring these days we need some proper cry baby drama to make it all worth watching.

In the last 3years F1 since they changed all the regulation it's been a downfall, especially for viewers. less downforce, smaller tires, and the engine sound literally they sound like my blow drier... all this means to slower the f1 cars around corners...pretty pathetic! I've been following f1 since 1978, and this is by far the worse f1 ever! Next year they will change again to bigger tires, more engine sound, and more downforce. Another new era ...with new drivers like Vandoorne and the Canadian Stroll and possibly in Mercedes Wehrlein to replace Rosberg.

I don't mind the engines, though I do miss the sounds of the V10 and V12 era. To this day, i will load the occasional youtube video of a Ferrari V12. Never been a scream like that since. Just absolute anger.

IMO though, the F1 product has more or less been the same since i started watching. There are ebbs and flows. Some reasons are better than others for on track action - the reality is that it comes from the parity of the cars. In the last few years, Mercedes have spanked everyone else. Red Bull, Ferrari and/or Renault will eventually catch up and surpass Mercedes.

Now...the cars...they've looked awful since the radical spec change in 2009. Based on all the renderings, the 2017 cars will look much more like what we were seeing in the past (basically a mix of everything prior to 09). The new fat tires will give them a retro feel.

I don't mind the engines, though I do miss the sounds of the V10 and V12 era. To this day, i will load the occasional youtube video of a Ferrari V12. Never been a scream like that since. Just absolute anger.

IMO though, the F1 product has more or less been the same since i started watching. There are ebbs and flows. Some reasons are better than others for on track action - the reality is that it comes from the parity of the cars. In the last few years, Mercedes have spanked everyone else. Red Bull, Ferrari and/or Renault will eventually catch up and surpass Mercedes.

Now...the cars...they've looked awful since the radical spec change in 2009. Based on all the renderings, the 2017 cars will look much more like what we were seeing in the past (basically a mix of everything prior to 09). The new fat tires will give them a retro feel.

no doubt they know how to spank,

one way or another

https://www.google.ca/search?q=conq...s_rd=cr&ei=80FLWL6XCI3AjwPU6JeIDA#q=vw+recall

I recommend "50 Years of Formula One On Board"

Bought the DVD back in the mid 2000's. Still pop it in at least once a year.

Any excuse to link this again

[video=youtube;nTeZRlpVweo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTeZRlpVweo[/video]

I have a hard time having any faith in rule changes while Ecclestone is still alive

Back
Top Bottom