F1 Thread!!! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

F1 Thread!!!

Stopped watching F1 years ago, it's pretty crap now. Too much techno gadgets.
They should just replace the driver with a computer and we could watch empty F1 cars go around the track. That's about how fun it is to watch.
Old school man, ACTUAL gears that you have to change with a lever (i know it's crazy)
no traction or launch control, just pure driver talent.
The only thing I love about F1 and always have is the engine technology, to be a able to rev an engine at 20+rpm and not have it implode is VERY impressive.
Apart from that, it's pretty gay, a bunch of overpaid drivers riding 90% computer controlled cars.
Not my cup o tea.

I'm an old school dude, stopped watching WRC after the death of Group B, now it's just like F1, 90% car, and almost any monkey in the seat will do the trick.

Stopped watching F1 years ago, it's pretty crap now. Too much techno gadgets.
They should just replace the driver with a computer and we could watch empty F1 cars go around the track. That's about how fun it is to watch.
Old school man, ACTUAL gears that you have to change with a lever (i know it's crazy)
no traction or launch control, just pure driver talent.
The only thing I love about F1 and always have is the engine technology, to be a able to rev an engine at 20+rpm and not have it implode is VERY impressive.
Apart from that, it's pretty gay, a bunch of overpaid drivers riding 90% computer controlled cars.
Not my cup o tea.

I'm an old school dude, stopped watching WRC after the death of Group B, now it's just like F1, 90% car, and almost any monkey in the seat will do the trick.

They no longer are allowed to use TC or LC, that was re-banned for this season. It's going to get even better, next year they are going back to a full slick and they have banned all the little winglets as well. The cars will look smooth like butter.

The races have been pretty exciting this year compared to past years.

Only a few more days to the opening race of 2009 or maybe not........

The PR drama is running full steam over three teams rear diffusers which are deemed illegal. Bernie is in classic form with some of his quotes already lol.

Jenson Button picked as one of the favorites to win the opening race WTF??

Vettel time to shine this year?

Only a few more days to the opening race of 2009 or maybe not........

The PR drama is running full steam over three teams rear diffusers which are deemed illegal. Bernie is in classic form with some of his quotes already lol.

Jenson Button picked as one of the favorites to win the opening race WTF??

Vettel time to shine this year?

you know someone british wrote that article... or was that a suggestion that Ross Brawn made? If there ever was a no-talent driver.....

We shall see the true measure of Hamilton as WDC if he is able to win with a "lesser' car like MS and Senna did. The mighty McLaren have been off pace so far in testing but they could be sand bagging.

The Brawn (X Honda) car has been very quick out of the box, hence all the hype and they are in need of sponsorship, so I hope they do well.

If Hamilton and his rivals can stay out of mischief we will see some real driving now they are trying to make the machines less "autopilot".

Button has had problems but you don't get an F1 ride is you aren't skilled. How many race drivers in the world have driven a modern F1 car. Less than 100 to run at that level?

Atleast they ditched Uncle Bernie's half baked medals championship.

It will be worth seeing if KERS works or not.
McClaren seriously off the boil, sorry Hamilton fans but that was written on the wall after Ron Dennis bailed.....errrr "took a step back".

Will Eyebrow Man & Renault come out swinging for the fence?

Kimi back on form or on the bottle?

And Brawn GP......wtf, hype or miracle?

Going to be an interesting 1st race.

No matter the insanity of Bernie and the gang to ruin this sport....I'll be watching come Sunday. Hopefully the racing will be competitive...Go... Kimi!

kimi-motorcycle.jpg

If Hamilton and his rivals can stay out of mischief we will see some real driving now they are trying to make the machines less "autopilot".

Button has had problems but you don't get an F1 ride is you aren't skilled. How many race drivers in the world have driven a modern F1 car. Less than 100 to run at that level?

there is plenty of people in racing series that are less deserving of rides than many other skilled drivers.

The bottom line is the 80% of drivers paid their way and were from wealthy families, the other 20% had to chase every sponsor dollar and fight an uphill battle, rather than have everything given to them on a silver platter.

Hamilton and his pops had to work really hard until Ron Dennis took him in like his own. And I don't even like Hamilton, but you have to give credit where credit is due.

BTW, you can drive an ex F1 race car, there is a company that offers rides for big $$$.... you just need a big bankroll. Kinda like how half of them are there right now....

now more than ever money makes the world go round.

Without a doubt, Jenson Button is one of the worst drivers to disgrace F1. How many times is "B" team honda hand him his arse race after race. Only then did honda decide that B team had to go... retired already.... /rant

Last edited:
Without a doubt, Jenson Button is one of the worst drivers to disgrace F1. How many times is "B" team honda hand him his arse race after race. Only then did honda decide that B team had to go... retired already.... /rant

So what Rubens Barrichello's excuse then for Button being faster than him?

Team orders!!! :lol: "I could have passed him at any time during testing, but for the good of the team I played my role." :lol:

BTW, you can drive an ex F1 race car, there is a company that offers rides for big $$$.... you just need a big bankroll. Kinda like how half of them are there right now....

There's driving, and then there's DRIVING. I think he was referring to DRIVING. I can ride a MotoGP bike..but I don't think I'll be doing within 20 seconds of Rossi on any given lap!

now more than ever money makes the world go round.

I won't argue with the money comment. But Jenson is not crap. The Aguri car was faster..that wasn't Button's fault. Will you change your tune if Button wins the championship this year? Or will you say the car was fast. If you win because the car is fast, then you lose because the car is slow. I would say Andrea De Crasheris was the worst ever driver anyway.. :lol:

To put things in perspective how many wins do they each have? 9 for Rubens, one for Jenson.

If you ask me they both need to retire, but thats besides the point.

I think I just have it in for Button, because there is so much talk from the british press about how great he is, but in fact he is doo doo.

Aguri did have a better car, but I wouldn't say Button was better than the two aguiri drivers, Sato and someone who I can't remember right now.

Take Alonso - he was still able to manage podiums even driving an off the pace Renault. Where the heck was Button???? Oh yes a backmarker just getting in the way.

Diffuser protest is thrown out. So looks like Brawn will do fairly well this weekend. I guess you can't really tell until qualifying. I like Vettel..hope he does well this year. And pulling for Brawn as well..nice guy.

Set your PVR's.. practice tonight and qualifying Tomorrow night...

WTF ??? Speed has blacked out the Pratice sesh 10min's into the showing , citing "canada" rights issues !!!!

what total B.S. !!!

i think TSN has the Q & R live so shouldn't have this issue rest of Oz race but does this mean we cannot view any Pratice Sessions for this season ?

Torrents are up for both practice sessions.

Nice to see Williams on top.

To put things in perspective how many wins do they each have? 9 for Rubens, one for Jenson.

All nine were with Ferrari, I'm fairly confident my Mother would have won one or two races driving that car.

Funny quote,

Haha! Yeah, that's him! :) Speaking of what money can buy you in F1..bought him a career!!

On a side note, I guess we know how much difference the diffuser makes..

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=45338

All three diffuser teams are on top.. Beyond that, Red Bull is going quickly..Adrian Newey does it again?? I suppose all teams will have the other diffusers by Malaysia..

Back
Top Bottom