Electric Lawn Mower? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Electric Lawn Mower?

I know Milwaukee uses a much bigger battery in the concrete saw, core hole saw, and jack hammer
that is about 8 X 12 x 4 inches and has a retail price of $800.00 each.

Good deal for small townhouse / row house lots. Our last townhouse had a yard a total of 10x15 patch of grass…so this would do the trick.

For my current place…zero chance.
For 150 Square feet just get a push / reel mower.

The 12" one on a 40 foot lot is 40 passes. Our 16" mower would be 30 passes. The ten extra passes might take five minutes. The 12" model is cheaper, lighter and easier to store. The battery platform would be the deal breaker for me.

I have four different chargers already.

The battery platform would be the deal breaker for me.

I have four different chargers already.
I hate the multiple chargers. I'm all Milwaukee currently except for 1 Bosch tool that has its own charger. I want to somehow make an adapter to go from the Milwaukee battery to the Bosch tool. Haven't got around to that yet though in the 5 years I've owned it haha

I hate the multiple chargers. I'm all Milwaukee currently except for 1 Bosch tool that has its own charger. I want to somehow make an adapter to go from the Milwaukee battery to the Bosch tool. Haven't got around to that yet though in the 5 years I've owned it haha
FYI, there's a whole page of adapters on Amazon for less than $30 each if you search for "milwaukee to bosch battery adapter"

I mount the chargers in a joist space under a platform in the garage. A handful of Milwaukee chargers, a makita and a ryobi up there now. Lots of room for more. All on a power bar so they are off most of the time.

FYI, there's a whole page of adapters on Amazon for less than $30 each if you search for "milwaukee to bosch battery adapter"
I bet not a one has a real CSA sticker on it!
Danger

Reactions: Ash
I trust an adaptor with batteries made by TTI/Makita far more than generic batteries. The real batteries have solid battery protection built in. No adaptor can get around that.
Interestingly, Milwaukee M12 batteries do not have BMS protection, but the M18 batteries do. Just as an FYI for anyone who uses an M12 as a 12v source for other things.

I mount the chargers in a joist space under a platform in the garage. A handful of Milwaukee chargers, a makita and a ryobi up there now. Lots of room for more. All on a power bar so they are off most of the time.
Ditto and a night light plugged in as a pilot.

The Ryobi 40v is on sale at HD: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ry...er-with-6-0-ah-battery-and-charger/1001662799

I want to switch to a battery mower, not sure if I should jump on this or wait for something else. I kinda want a narrower mower though. Having to make a few extra passes is worth it for the saved storage space, what do you guys think?
Looks like a somewhat fair price, if you are ready to make a switch I doubt they will be much cheaper as we roll into the summer.
This appear to be an entry level model so expect some cost savings on build quality. Found a random review on YT..

The Ryobi 40v is on sale at HD: https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ry...er-with-6-0-ah-battery-and-charger/1001662799

I want to switch to a battery mower, not sure if I should jump on this or wait for something else. I kinda want a narrower mower though. Having to make a few extra passes is worth it for the saved storage space, what do you guys think?
I bought a narrower snowblower to save garage space. I probably should have just got the wider one. The amount of space saved isn't that much. In your case probably one or two square feet may be saved by going to a 16" mower. Often the smaller ones cost more than a 20/21" as they are specialty.

I bought a narrower snowblower to save garage space. I probably should have just got the wider one. The amount of space saved isn't that much. In your case probably one or two square feet may be saved by going to a 16" mower. Often the smaller ones cost more than a 20/21" as they are specialty.
I went with an 18" blower as a wider one meant it would be harder to get the car in and out of the one car garage.

Would a wider lawn mower give a more even haircut or would it be worse if your lawn wasn't even?

Shane Kingsley doesn't worry about it as he wisely doesn't have a lawn. I wonder about the maintenance hours lawn vs native plants.

sold my JD tractor as I have a much smaller area to cut, and my 22 year old Honda mower faithfully ran its course.

was leaning towards another Honda mower as its a bit cheaper, and I know I'll easily get another 20+ years out of it. (oil and gas doesnt bother me)

But damn, does that Ego and the reviews look compelling.

The china connection and plasticky construction concern me, but seeing some reviews with 3 year old models, they say it seems to be holding up well.

LIkely will have to replace battery packs every 5 years? at what, $500+ bucks a pop?

Hmm, might just do a Honda again....

LIkely will have to replace battery packs every 5 years? at what, $500+ bucks a pop?
I doubt most 5+ year old battery powered tools will have batteries available. On the upside, repacking with new cells will be far cheaper. I used to get batteries repacked at Great Northern Battery in Hamilton but haven't had one done in a long time. I also have many milwaukee packs in active circulation that are 10+ years old. If the pack survives the warranty, I expect to get much more than 5 years out of it.

I doubt most 5+ year old battery powered tools will have batteries available. On the upside, repacking with new cells will be far cheaper. I used to get batteries repacked at Great Northern Battery in Hamilton but haven't had one done in a long time. I also have many milwaukee packs in active circulation that are 10+ years old. If the pack survives the warranty, I expect to get much more than 5 years out of it.
A friend just rebuilt a battery for my 10 year old infrared camera. He put in higher powered cells and it has a lot more run time. Getting the case apart isn't easy.

Interesting guy. One day he's running a jackhammer and the next he's replacing a surface mount component on a circuit board.

So I think I'm going with this EGO mower at Rona: https://www.rona.ca/en/product/ego-...deck-cordless-push-lawn-mower-lm2114-32165239

EGO seems to have lots of good reviews and I like the low price haha

Also to keep with the rest of my Milwaukee tools, I've ordered the Milwaukee string trimmer for $479 kit which comes with a 8.0 battery, and a free leaf blower ($250 value). Can't complain about that
I tried a friends M-18 leaf blower and it had serious thrust.

Back
Top Bottom