Ducati service in Vaughan, North GTA area | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ducati service in Vaughan, North GTA area

. Nursing a badly broken ankle. Yuck.
Boo. How'd that happen? It's looking like recovery from my ankle reconstruction will be more like six months than six weeks. It's been over three months and I am not supposed to lift anything beyond my body weight for months more.

Boo. How'd that happen? It's looking like recovery from my ankle reconstruction will be more like six months than six weeks. It's been over three months and I am not supposed to lift anything beyond my body weight for months more.
The accident happened 2nd March. Had construction surgery. With plates 29 March. Stayed in Hospital for 2 weeks. Yuck. Have never had drugs. Gave me Oxycodone and a few other drugs, which made me nauseous and loads of other side effects. Gave me a blood clot on my lungs.
Had the cast taken off June 1st. 2 weeks after tried the mountain bike. Not a chance. Had a short 3 minute ride. Too soon, way to soon.
Played on the motorbike. Took it off the stand, Leg over. Sat on the bike. Was able to move the bike to a riding position. Again too soon.
Very tempted to take it for a ride. Did not, common sense took over.
How did the accident happen? Was coming up to stop sign. Was fully aware cold tyres, cold road. Warmed up the bike prior to moving.
Slowing at the stop sign.
Here is where I think what happened. Rear wheel wheel kicked in with the ABS system. I think that is what happened. At the instant i felt the ABS. I need more power. Applied power, Not too much, enough to lose control. Bike did not kick in with the power applied and the bike lost control and tipped over.
Bike fell on my leg and at an angle, fractured the ankle.
Was wearing full protection. High end boots. $1000.00.etc.
The surgeon said without the boots it would have been way worse?
No other injuries. Slight damage to the bike. On the Ducati, on the side plate, on the tank, had a few scratches. Covered it with a black marker. Controlled the bike as it was going down. Perhaps, if I just let it go might have time to move my leg out the way.
Perhaps it is a Man thing. "Save the bike" Lol.

The accident happened 2nd March. Had construction surgery. With plates 29 March. Stayed in Hospital for 2 weeks. Yuck. Have never had drugs. Gave me Oxycodone and a few other drugs, which made me nauseous and loads of other side effects. Gave me a blood clot on my lungs.
Had the cast taken off June 1st. 2 weeks after tried the mountain bike. Not a chance. Had a short 3 minute ride. Too soon, way to soon.
Played on the motorbike. Took it off the stand, Leg over. Sat on the bike. Was able to move the bike to a riding position. Again too soon.
How did the accident happen? Was coming up to stop sign. Was fully aware cold tyres, cold road. Warmed up the bike prior to moving.
Here is where I think what happened. Rear wheel wheel kicked in with the ABS system. I think that is what happened. At the instant i felt the ABS. I need more power. Applied power, Not too much, enough to lose control. Bike did not kick in with the power applied and the bike lost control and tipped over.
No other injuries. Slight damage to the bike. On the Ducati, on the side plate, on the tank, had a few scratches. Covered it with a black marker. Controlled the bike as it was going down. Perhaps, if I just let it go might have time to move my leg out the way.
Damn. Mine was just a few days after yours. Yours sounds much worse. I got lucky and got outpatient operation the day after. Doc okayed bicycle (suspect they meant inside but didnt specify) so I have try to ride around the neighbourhood to get some cycles on the ankle. Switched to flat pedals as I cant release clips (back to the old days where I need to reach down with my arm to release clip as the twist feels terrible).

Damn. Mine was just a few days after yours. Yours sounds much worse. I got lucky and got outpatient operation the day after. Doc okayed bicycle (suspect they meant inside but didnt specify) so I have try to ride around the neighbourhood to get some cycles on the ankle. Switched to flat pedals as I cant release clips (back to the old days where I need to reach down with my arm to release clip as the twist feels terrible).
Only tried the MTB not using the correct shoes. Not able to twist the ankle.
Trying very hard to restrict over doing the exercise. No luck on the treadmill either.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Good luck Buddy. (y)(y)(y)

Hi everyone,

Sharing update that I successfully read/cleared DTC and service codes on my 2014 Ducati Monster 1200, using JPDiag (free) app, and specified OBD2 adapter cable/scanner (purchased on Amazon). DTC P0221/P0220, issue with throttle position sensor, quick maintenance and the bike is running great!

I was also able to clear the oil service light using JPDiag, so bonus as most everyone on Ducati forum indicated only the dealer could.

Much thanks for everyone's feedback! Have a great summer!

Hi everyone,

Sharing update that I successfully read/cleared DTC and service codes on my 2014 Ducati Monster 1200, using JPDiag (free) app, and specified OBD2 adapter cable/scanner (purchased on Amazon). DTC P0221/P0220, issue with throttle position sensor, quick maintenance and the bike is running great!

I was also able to clear the oil service light using JPDiag, so bonus as most everyone on Ducati forum indicated only the dealer could.

Much thanks for everyone's feedback! Have a great summer!

Nice! Does the 2014 1200 have the Siemens m3c ecu? Do you mind sharing the link of what adapter/scanner you bought that worked?

Nice! Does the 2014 1200 have the Siemens m3c ecu? Do you mind sharing the link of what adapter/scanner you bought that worked?
Link to ODB scanner:

-

Link to ODB Diagnostic [Ducati] Cable:

-

Link to software:

-

Link to instructions writeup:

-

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Link to ODB scanner:

-

Link to ODB Diagnostic [Ducati] Cable:

-

Link to software:

-

Link to instructions writeup:

-

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.
Thanks will order and try on the 796 needs the light reset

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks will order and try on the 796 needs the light reset

Looks like he snagged the last Ducati 4 pin obd adapter from fortnine - now out of stock. Amazon offerings seem sketchy.

I'll continue forward and do my own desmo service, will just have to wear my little wrench symbol with pride for now.

Looks like he snagged the last Ducati 4 pin obd adapter from fortnine - now out of stock. Amazon offerings seem sketchy.

I'll continue forward and do my own desmo service, will just have to wear my little wrench symbol with pride for now.
I noticed that and ordered a 15 dollar Amazon one will see if it works.

Sorry to hear, and hope you get well soon.

Which boots were you wearing? $1000 sounds like a pair of Daytona with their articulating hard inner booty that's supposed to prevent exactly this from happening.

Sorry to hear, and hope you get well soon.

Which boots were you wearing? $1000 sounds like a pair of Daytona with their articulating hard inner booty that's supposed to prevent exactly this from happening.

Dainese boots.​

Thank you for your get well. Appreciated.

I noticed that and ordered a 15 dollar Amazon one will see if it works.

Resurrection - did this ever work out for you?
Planning my 36k Desmo service and thinking about this light reset again (and tps reset, etc)

Adapter Cable and elm327 obd sitting in Amazon cart.

A friend got a generic ELM327 from AliExpress and it never worked. I got an OBDLink and it's worked with everything I've tried on my car. Sadly, TuneECU for the KTM doesn't support wireless, so I ordered a wired KTM kit from Lonelec and added the older Ducati/Aprilia adapter at the same time. Sent by Royal Mail an arrived with no additional tax or brokerage fees. Haven't had a chance to try it, but Lonelec is very reputable, so I don't expect any problems.

Resurrection - did this ever work out for you?
Planning my 36k Desmo service and thinking about this light reset again (and tps reset, etc)

Adapter Cable and elm327 obd sitting in Amazon cart.
Lol haven't bothered trying yet feel free to borrow it if I can find it

Sent from the future

Another update on this. I bought both an ELM 327 and 4 pin adapter from Amazon over the winter.
Checked the pinouts on the adapter as suggested, to make sure I didn’t short my ecu.
Used a crappy old Windows 10 laptop I had around to install MelcoDiag.

Everything connected, MelcoDiag recognized the ecu, so now just waiting for an activation code.

Back
Top Bottom