Ducati service in Vaughan, North GTA area | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ducati service in Vaughan, North GTA area

Moenlou

Hi Group,

Can anyone recommend a mechanic or service place in the Vaughan/North GTA that services Ducati's. My Ducati 1200 check-engine light is on, and the bike is in limp mode. Original dealership is GP Bikes, but their next available appointment isn't until mid-July.

Unfortunately all of the local shops appear the have closed over COVID (Maranello, Corsa Mechanica, etc).

I just need the code scanned and cleared, as I believe it's due to an aftermarket tail/turn signal light that was installed, the taillight manufacture provided a patch/plugin but CE light stayed on.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Does Ducati force the bike into limp home mode when you hit the 1200 mark? Or do you potentially have an unrelated problem?

If you (or a friend) have a hitch, uhaul rents trailers for $15 for 24 hours.

Does Ducati force the bike into limp home mode when you hit the 1200 mark? Or do you potentially have an unrelated problem?
They never used to I would assume it is another issue.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I assume he meant it’s a monster/mts 1200

Ah, read it too fast. Thought he was talking about the break-in service indicator that comes on at 1000 kms. I've heard of aftermarket lights causing problems.

OP, if you have nothing to do but wait, you can try replacing the aftermarket lights with OEM to see if the problem goes away, then try reinstalling the aftermarket set with the plug.

Thanks for all the feedback. It's a 2014 Monster 1200. I've ordered the OBD2 adapter cable/scanner/software to scan/clear codes, should arrive tomorrow, so fingers crossed. I'll share update either.

Much thanks!

Thanks for all the feedback. It's a 2014 Monster 1200. I've ordered the OBD2 adapter cable/scanner/software to scan/clear codes, should arrive tomorrow, so fingers crossed. I'll share update either.

Much thanks!

Not sure what you ordered but I hope it works for you. Ducati ecu’s are infamously locked down, hopefully you won’t be required to go down the road of community/enthusiast cracked software (ducatidiag/jpdiag)

Hi Group,

Can anyone recommend a mechanic or service place in the Vaughan/North GTA that services Ducati's. My Ducati 1200 check-engine light is on, and the bike is in limp mode. Original dealership is GP Bikes, but their next available appointment isn't until mid-July.

Unfortunately all of the local shops appear the have closed over COVID (Maranello, Corsa Mechanica, etc).

I just need the code scanned and cleared, as I believe it's due to an aftermarket tail/turn signal light that was installed, the taillight manufacture provided a patch/plugin but CE light stayed on.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Does this sound familiar OP? I remember snowcat had this problem on two different ducs. It seems like a common issue:

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

OP I had a similar concern regarding trying to find Ducati authorized service for my Ducati ever since Maranello moved and stopped servicing Ducatis. I actually went with GPBikes. They came to pick up the bike in their trailor , did the service and delivered the bike back. This was over a 3 day period. There is an additional cost of about $200 . But the convienience was worth it. I just made sure I had all my services done in one appointment to make it worth it.

Their service was good in my opinion.

Generally - it's interesting how every notable attempt to sustain a Ducati presence in that area has failed. First Ride Motorycles (part of the Kahuna family IIRC) and now Maranello.

Also, shame that Corsa couldn't make it work. I went there several times. I guess losing Piaggio took a bite.

Back
Top Bottom