Doug Ford - Build in greenbelt | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Doug Ford - Build in greenbelt

Im sure you'd let a lawyer perform brain surgery on you, just because they went to xyz law school, right?. Even though it requires a completely different skill set, knowledge and breadth of experience. That says quite a lot about you, that you would put such little importance on competence, experience and expertise. Just because I went to schulich for MBA and graduated top of my class in Human resources/corporate law doesn't mean im qualified to design a nuclear reactor. Or perform open heart surgery.

Perhaps if she were put in charge of Department of Global affairs, or Department of justice that would make sense. But shes completely out of place as minister of the environment. Someone get me David suzuki, perhaps I can convince him to run.

Lets be real, justin wouldn't have gotten elected if he didnt have his daddys name.
I call BS.

If you were anywhere near that smart you wouldn't think the environment minister dons a lab coat, lifts beakers up to the light and calls out "yep, that there's global warming, let's spend a trillion dollars to fix it"!

If I only had highschool economics I might think that, yeah. But I have a master's degree in economics and spent my life in finance

you're wasting your time with these turkeys, 17

there are a few that have room for slightly different view points
and can discuss issues on an intellectual level that may not completely agree with how they see things

the rest are facebook-informed, and when presented with 3rd party information
have no rebuttal, but to resort to name calling and personal insults

Im sure you'd let a lawyer perform brain surgery on you, just because they went to xyz law school, right?. Even though it requires a completely different skill set, knowledge and breadth of experience. That says quite a lot about you, that you would put such little importance on competence, experience and expertise. Just because I went to schulich for MBA and graduated top of my class in Human resources/corporate law doesn't mean im qualified to design a nuclear reactor. Or perform open heart surgery.

Perhaps if she were put in charge of Department of Global affairs, or Department of justice that would make sense. But shes completely out of place as minister of the environment. Someone get me David suzuki, perhaps I can convince him to run.

Lets be real, justin wouldn't have gotten elected if he didnt have his daddys name.

She's a lawyer in a legislative job. The MOECC is not a scientific body, it's a legislative body. Her experience as a biologist, botanist, dentist, line cook, or mechanic wouldn't matter in that role because none of them have to do with the main requirement of her job, understanding of legislation and law. Her qualifications deal specifically with government and law, albeit not directly with environmental law. It's a far cry from being unqualified.

While every point is not exactly the same I do not see a big difference from our last government which had many whoppers themselves (and many of the same). Harper hiding in the bathroom (hissy fit) at the G20 because he did not like where they wanted him to stand during the group photo. Environmental minister that was a science denier. Muzzling and firing government scientist for telling the truth. Defence ministers that never served. Many unqualified ministers . PM that had really no meaningful private sector work experience before becoming a MP in 1993 (two years after he graduated), at least his education was economics (although you would never know). Ethically questionable attempts to cover up senator expenses....

Lots of crazy costume shots of Harper BTW.... but not as bad as Trudeau on this one. I attached one of my favourites of the great statesman...

Big difference between the two, Harper was known to completely micromanage everything he could. Trudeau does rely on his key ministers much more. (Manager vs Leader--pros and cons to both approaches)

As for the new conservative guy, he was an insurance salesman for two years! Wow great private sector experience! Sure he has been speaker of the house but again where is his real world experience outside of the taxpayers teet? I thought that was important???

Left, right and centre, we see it over again, career politicians only concerned with keeping themselves at the public sector taxpayers trough... No real world experience--glass houses and all that. Super cute when people think one colour pig is any different than another.

BTW, Canada has low unemployment and 4%+ industrial growth right now under the massive incompetence.

Agreed, the fact of the matter is that while the PM is not necessarily up to spec, he's surrounded himself with the right people and overall, the country is doing fine. Most of the stuff I've heard against them so far has been nonsense that can be disproved with some google searching and reading. He's had some embarrassing gaffes (like the costumes and the "people kind" crap), but I'm not losing any sleep over it when my firm and clients are raking it in and the country is chugging along at near full employment.

. Someone get me David suzuki, perhaps I can convince him to run.
Hahaha, these guys are a fraud. Suzuki doesn't even have a degree in Environmental science. His degree is in biology

No worries, they can replace the green belt, they will just fill in more of lake ontario. They've been doing that for well over a hundred years!

The problem is that people no longer trust the government (Or just about anyone). If there was trust and someone uttered one of those comments the reply might be "There must be a reason. I'll read up on it." and the issue is clarified.

Now the assumption is the government is wrong and it's going from bad to worse. Why waste time fighting a losing cause?

We need leaders that make people want to follow paths of reality even though the going will be tough. It's easier to hand out lollipops that will be paid for by the next generation.
It's not just mistrust of government. People these days seem to revert to the worst possible interpretation of what anyone says or does, if they don't completely understand or agree with it. Its all over GTAM and everywhere you look. The benefit of the doubt hardly exists any more.

In the same vein, asking someone a question is very often taken as an assault on their very existence. It's impossible to have informed, sensible debate or disagreement under these conditions.

It's not just
In the same vein, asking someone a question is very often taken as an assault on their very existence. It's impossible to have informed, sensible debate or disagreement under these conditions.

Just having conservative views can get you attacked!

She's a lawyer in a legislative job. The MOECC is not a scientific body, it's a legislative body. Her experience as a biologist, botanist, dentist, line cook, or mechanic wouldn't matter in that role because none of them have to do with the main requirement of her job, understanding of legislation and law. Her qualifications deal specifically with government and law, albeit not directly with environmental law. It's a far cry from being unqualified.
The key 5 ministries usually have a leader with relative experience, the rest less so. Each minister has an army of deputies, senior civil servants that advice and provide subject matter expertise.

Fake news is only fake if its from The Left. Fake news from The Right is the real deal... it's like a double negative. Fake fake news must be real?

Fake news is only fake if its from The Left. Fake news from The Right is the real deal... it's like a double negative. Fake fake news must be real?
Not really, look at trump, anything he says get spins into negativity. If he wants his followers to hear his message would he release it on msm?

Trump made North & South Korea shake hands something that hasn't happened in decades. Even the South Korea PM said Trump deserved a Peace prize, but the msm would spin that in saying that the North is up to no good & it's a trick by trump.

Not too long ago, the msm said that Trump will cause a nuclear war. But he's meeting with the dictator & building diplomatic ties.

Not really, look at trump, anything he says get spins into negativity. If he wants his followers to hear his message would he release it on msm?

Trump made North & South Korea shake hands something that hasn't happened in decades. Even the South Korea PM said Trump deserved a Peace prize, but the msm would spin that in saying that the North is up to no good & it's a trick by trump.

Not too long ago, the msm said that Trump will cause a nuclear war. But he's meeting with the dictator & building diplomatic ties.

When what you say doesn't line up with what you do....then you get what you deserve. Trump's only win has been Korea. Everything else he promised has fallen flat.....literally everything. The guy lies all the time. Don't you think he should be held to account? (or anyone who does for that matter?)

When what you say doesn't line up with what you do....then you get what you deserve. Trump's only win has been Korea. Everything else he promised has fallen flat.....literally everything. The guy lies all the time. Don't you think he should be held to account? (or anyone who does for that matter?)

They've managed to pass some stuff (like the tax reform)... i think it's a bad idea imo, but they got it through...

Back
Top Bottom