Doug Ford - Build in greenbelt | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Doug Ford - Build in greenbelt

Based on postings I'm guessing well educated

I wouldn't have guessed that at all. The idea of a disconnect between government and the cost of completely unskilled labour, disconnect between government action and housing affordability, doesn't give that impression at all.

He changed his mind! He listened to the people. What politicians are supposed to do. Trudeau can learn something there.

lmao are you serious? he got caught talking and scheming with his developer friends on you tube - and is now in survival and damage control mode...

he didn't listen to the people - he got caught making back room deals...by the people. big difference.

Last edited:
lmao are you serious? he got caught talking and scheming with his developer friends on you tube - and is now in survival and damage control mode...

he didn't listen to the people - he got caught making back room deals...by the people. big difference.

Which wouldn't have been open for discussion if it wasn't for McSquinty redefining the Greenbelt to Greenbelt and Light Greenbelt so it could be developed.

Last edited:
in the next two decades it will go from light green , to pale green, to greenish white , to gone.

They say as you get older you get more conservative... That's when you start paying your own bills.

<Ba Dum Psss>
That does happen. Experience and responsibility transforms idealism.

Not everyone that doesn't see the world or politics in the way you do is an idealist that's free from responsibility. There are lots of right wingers that are quite free from responsibilities and hardship and lots of left wingers that have more than enough of both. I thought you were better than believing this sort of stuff.

I wouldn't have guessed that at all. The idea of a disconnect between government and the cost of completely unskilled labour, disconnect between government action and housing affordability, doesn't give that impression at all.

:rolleyes:. You don't need a disconnect for government intervention to be ineffective in the long term, you just need strong enough market forces pushing in the opposite direction. I was suggesting this is the case in the GTHA. Hey, good thing I'm not drawing conclusions about your level of education, am I right?

I don't even know where to start, Trudeau got caught :
-giving millions to Syria
-giving millions to terrorists
-vacationing with tax payers money

&

1a76e637ce0b6f5e64606ca157222895.jpg

But he's still in office.

I don't even know where to start, Trudeau got caught :
-giving millions to Syria
-giving millions to terrorists
-vacationing with tax payers money

&

1a76e637ce0b6f5e64606ca157222895.jpg

But he's still in office.

Imagine being a grown adult and actually believing this image to be a real and honest depiction of the Canadian government.

Last edited:
Imagine being a grown adult and actually believing this image to be a real and honest depiction of the Canadian government.

The problem is that people no longer trust the government (Or just about anyone). If there was trust and someone uttered one of those comments the reply might be "There must be a reason. I'll read up on it." and the issue is clarified.

Now the assumption is the government is wrong and it's going from bad to worse. Why waste time fighting a losing cause?

We need leaders that make people want to follow paths of reality even though the going will be tough. It's easier to hand out lollipops that will be paid for by the next generation.

the border-creep on this nonsense is sad
I guess at election time we'll see if the loud mouths have the numbers
I'm betting that Canadian sensibilities will win out
and they don't

The problem is that people no longer trust the government (Or just about anyone). If there was trust and someone uttered one of those comments the reply might be "There must be a reason. I'll read up on it." and the issue is clarified.

Now the assumption is the government is wrong and it's going from bad to worse. Why waste time fighting a losing cause?

We need leaders that make people want to follow paths of reality even though the going will be tough. It's easier to hand out lollipops that will be paid for by the next generation.

I agree. I still like to think we have a personal responsibility to at least understand the information coming our way and ask ourselves if what we're being told actually stands up to scrutiny.

sometimes peoples principles don't change
but the political labels used to describe them do
as the parties move about on the spectrum

as a Red Tory, this has happened to me
the death of the federal PC party has re-defined me as a Liberal
I'm still the same guy

I have a master's degree in economics and spent my life in finance so I'm smart enough to know that when other people's money is cheap, you borrow and spend it because you can stimulate the economy and make long term investments at a low rate.

FWIW, I don't think this can continue indefinitely, but I don't think we're in the "danger zone".

I understand accounting, the accountant says if a chicken lays an egg a day for 14 days you will have 14 eggs

The economist points out that if you try to put 14 eggs into a standard carton you will only have 9 eggs because 5 will get smashed.

I trust most accountants up front but generally only trust economists in hindsight when it's too late.

I was going to say imagine being a grown adult and believing that because Trevor did some wrong things, Todd could never be accused of doing anything wrong.

Governing a vast country requires someone with competence, intellect, and experience.

Instead of improving the lives of canadians and making canada an even better place he spends his days thinking of creative fake words like "People-kind" and virtue signalling

And as our representative hes expected to present and conduct himself like a professional, like a prime minister. Instead he goes to india in his bollywood film costumes...and rolls rotis in Sikh temples?
Starts hanging out with convicted terrorists, and is therefore ignore by the indian PM on his visit.

A degree in literature does not qualify him to be PM. His only work experience being a substitute french teacher...
much like him, the rest of the cabinet doesn't stray far...the enviornment minister for instance, has no background in biology, or botany, or science. She has a law degree and studied "international relations" in undergrad(aka I dont know what to do with my life, and good luck getting a job with that today) But hey, she was likely given the job because female "its 2015"

At least the defense minister has experience in his field(former decorated soldier, and detective)

Governing a vast country requires someone with competence, intellect, and experience.

Instead of improving the lives of canadians and making canada an even better place he spends his days thinking of creative fake words like "People-kind" and virtue signalling

And as our representative hes expected to present and conduct himself like a professional, like a prime minister. Instead he goes to india in his bollywood film costumes...and rolls rotis in Sikh temples?
Starts hanging out with convicted terrorists, and is therefore ignore by the indian PM on his visit.

A degree in literature does not qualify him to be PM. His only work experience being a substitute french teacher...
much like him, the rest of the cabinet doesn't stray far...the enviornment minister for instance, has no background in biology, or botany, or science. She has a law degree and studied "international relations" in undergrad(aka I dont know what to do with my life, and good luck getting a job with that today) But hey, she was likely given the job because female "its 2015"

At least the defense minister has experience in his field(former decorated soldier, and detective)

Justin's a bit of a clown, I agree, and he personally is probably in over his head... I think that there are lots of bright people in the federal government though that act as advisors. I think Justin is mainly harmless on a geopolitical scheme and I'm cool with his funding priorities. Though there are some fumbles like that tax reform his federal liberals were ramming through.

As for the federal environment minister, that woman has a partnership waiting for her at any Toronto law firm the instant she's done with politics. Her credentials are legislative, not scientific. The ministry is not a research body; they're not scientists, they're legislators. As for her, she has degrees from London School of Economics and McGill, and has taught at UofT's Munk School of Global Affairs. Found this gem on her wiki:

McKenna has practised law at leading firms in Indonesia, focusing on international trade, competition, investment and constitutional issues. In 2002, she joined Stikeman Elliott LLP, working in the areas of competition, trade, and constitutional law.[SUP][5][/SUP] During this time she was senior counsel on the Right Honourable Antonio Lamer’s review of Canada’s military justice system.

I'd say she knew quite well what she wanted to do with her life and did a lot more with it than both you and I put together. To say she got the job solely because JT is progressive and it's >=2015 is pretty stupid and says quite a lot about you and your opinions on the matter.

Last edited:
Im sure you'd let a lawyer perform brain surgery on you, just because they went to xyz law school, right?. Even though it requires a completely different skill set, knowledge and breadth of experience. That says quite a lot about you, that you would put such little importance on competence, experience and expertise. Just because I went to schulich for MBA and graduated top of my class in Human resources/corporate law doesn't mean im qualified to design a nuclear reactor. Or perform open heart surgery.

Perhaps if she were put in charge of Department of Global affairs, or Department of justice that would make sense. But shes completely out of place as minister of the environment. Someone get me David suzuki, perhaps I can convince him to run.

Lets be real, justin wouldn't have gotten elected if he didnt have his daddys name.

Last edited:

While every point is not exactly the same I do not see a big difference from our last government which had many whoppers themselves (and many of the same). Harper hiding in the bathroom (hissy fit) at the G20 because he did not like where they wanted him to stand during the group photo. Environmental minister that was a science denier. Muzzling and firing government scientist for telling the truth. Defence ministers that never served. Many unqualified ministers . PM that had really no meaningful private sector work experience before becoming a MP in 1993 (two years after he graduated), at least his education was economics (although you would never know). Ethically questionable attempts to cover up senator expenses....

Lots of crazy costume shots of Harper BTW.... but not as bad as Trudeau on this one. I attached one of my favourites of the great statesman...

Big difference between the two, Harper was known to completely micromanage everything he could. Trudeau does rely on his key ministers much more. (Manager vs Leader--pros and cons to both approaches)

As for the new conservative guy, he was an insurance salesman for two years! Wow great private sector experience! Sure he has been speaker of the house but again where is his real world experience outside of the taxpayers teet? I thought that was important???

Left, right and centre, we see it over again, career politicians only concerned with keeping themselves at the public sector taxpayers trough... No real world experience--glass houses and all that. Super cute when people think one colour pig is any different than another.

BTW, Canada has low unemployment and 4%+ industrial growth right now under the massive incompetence.

Attachments

• bc-brite-harper-cowboy.jpg
    bc-brite-harper-cowboy.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom