Dogs and other critters | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dogs and other critters

Maddie the Coonhound is surely the internet's coolest dog:

p1466999808-3.jpg

A little off topic I suppose. But a pretty cool video. Watch minute of it you get the point.

http://officialhuskylovers.com/walking-with-a-pack-of-german-shepherds-like-a-boss/

While I'm very pro-leash, when I see someone walking a well trained dog without a leash it just looks so right.

On a sad note, we stopped at a rural cafe in Arkansas a week ago and there was a older pup hanging around the front of the place, buddying up to anyone that came by. Someone said it was a stray. I hope someone took him home.

Some people think that they can dump their unwanted pups off in the country and they can fend for themselves. They can't. Cats maybe but not dogs. They end up starving, hit by cars or killed by other predators.

I like animals more than I like people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

me too...they tend not to ***** and whine, don't stab you in the back, everything they do is genuine and they are stoic. My little guy is 2 yrs old, has totally dislocated hips, just got over an ACL surgery with 10 weeks recovery separated from his sister and not allowed to run in the garden etc, he has a deformed bone in his foot that causes some problems and he gets up every day and is happy. I love the goof.

I judge people by how they treat their pets. Neglected untrained pets means you're either selfish, lazy or have no love.

It's a good indication of how their kids would be if they have kids

Suzi has me well trained after five years, but she's still working on me.

Over that time I've allowed her lots of freedom, and she now rewards me with being able to hang out on the porch or front lawn without running out of control, although she did wander down the driveway and greet the kids on their way to school.

Camping with her when younger was a bit of a chore as she would wander off if you didn't keep an eye out, but when we did Whitby to PEI and the Gaspe she was brilliant and rarely needed a leash unless in close proximity to a roadway or chipmunks.

Parc Forillon, rolling on a dead crab. Oh the joy!
c956187628cbd791349288ca06b004be.jpg

We lived on PEI for a year and a half, no leashes and 11 acres to wander over...
7cd834a67d73e783967ab6fecc596183.jpg

She had to walk on a leash until we got to the beach in Campbellton NB. I think it's largely a matter of setting boundaries.
a201d3b8e9d67fa3103316be63df8a48.jpg

At our campsite in Nouvelle QC.
136f2616d2c5e81093568d2d5f564c4e.jpg

a79034cf3e54da609dc5210e4cf0beb9.jpg

Neighbourhood watch duties this morning.
8f04e31cc027424f2569451662515638.jpg

When I walked her as a puppy this monkey stacked the deck with my pockets full of treats, toys and balls. I'd let her go meet other dogs and people, call her back and reward her, then let her go interact again. At the end of a few months I was one of the few people that could call my dog back to me in the dog park.

Last edited:
I find this video creepy. This is not natural behaviour for dogs. My dog is trained, but not over-trained, and still acts happy. I don't want to think about how this guy trained his dogs to act like that.
Did you notice how nervous one or two of them were? Licking their lips, submissive body postures? I doubt this was a fun walk for them.

I rather see them hitting the trails or romping and fighting.

This is my 9 year old puggle Lili (affectionately known as loop loop)

She loves the cottage
1EDEC699-7191-4B13-9B34-CC39966D9470.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

But hates the bath
a99cd8a8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My puppy ...Dexter.

4ED5FCF8-99AE-48A2-9218-4C300B90ADDE-23266-000009B68719AB49_zps59182859.jpg

Here are my two pups...

Hello to the other sammie...
IMG_20140828_092517.jpg

IMG_20130902_173548.jpg

Frickin' laser cats! :)

Demon cats!

Great pics everyone.

Here are Milo and Hurricane. Both rescues. Milo, the Sheppard/Huskie/Basset Hound cross, was given up because he was born with only 1 eye. Hurricane, the Huskie cross, was abandoned by his family at a kennel.

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

g.jpg

h.jpg

i.jpg

They look like they've settled in quite well. :)

Back
Top Bottom