Disrepectful Trackday Riders- Don't Bother Coming Anymore! | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Disrepectful Trackday Riders- Don't Bother Coming Anymore!

Sounds like the OP's story is quite exaggerated and mostly untrue.
I removed the coolant from the radiator and replaced it with water, but as a new track rider, I overlooked the coolant remaining in the engine.
There was no mentioning of using a container. I was simply asked to remove the radiator hose, and stick a hose in the top.
Feel free to comment as long as you knew everything about motorcycle maintenance when you bought your first sport bike!

An appropriate reply at this point would be an apology, not excuses. Try again.

Being a tech, race officer, and often marshall is often a thankless and miserable job. Yet people keep doing it because its a very important job. Anybody that makes the job harder for a group of largely volunteers needs to be promoted out of the sport. At the minimum a time out (for the day). Being a nice guy as a tech really just makes it harder for everybody. Somebodies dog gets sick on antifreeze, the civil suit names everybody. (no exaggeration, you name everyone and insurance fights it out). One guy that has awesome skill misses clearing antifreeze (and bold face lies about it) and other bikes go into the buckwheat when there is a crash? Now many peoples day sucks.
One of the roles of being a tech inspector and the track day organizers is to make everyones day fun and safe. Have a policy in place that states YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED and enforce it. Only offending people will be sour, you'll get high fives from the rest.

I removed the coolant from the radiator and replaced it with water, but as a new track rider, I overlooked the coolant remaining in the engine.
There was no mentioning of using a container. I was simply asked to remove the radiator hose, and stick a hose in the top.
Feel free to comment as long as you knew everything about motorcycle maintenance when you bought your first sport bike!

Mate, I'm going to chime in here (why not eh?).. You're not a fricken kid. Anyone growing up knows that coolant is a chemical.. just like oil and gasoline...and everyone these days knows that there's a huge environmental impact etc with these things and you dont just go pouring them out anywhere. But most of all MOST Adults have common sense and at least a sense of decency to own up to mistakes when they happen.

What's upsetting is someone could have been seriously hurt from an accident resulting from a crash on the track... And you've crashed before...
That opens up the can of worms which is litigation to the track, the organisers and yourself. Ignorance is never a valid excuse.

You for sure need an attitude check mate, there are some good people that let you slide and get away with things. count yourself lucky.

You've just how much arrogance you have, one of the "truly entitled" generation .

oh, and it doesnt matter if you can spank anyone on the track, respect is earned in other ways.

Last edited:
Based on the attitude and actions reported from the track, and the response here, I would recommend that the riders in question be 'dis-invited' from any future GTAM trackdays. While I wouldn't recommend sharing freely sharing their identities with other trackday organizers, I would think it quite reasonable to provide the information if actually asked.

The presence of coolant could have resulted in serious injury to other riders, in the event of a crash. The dumping of said coolant into the ground could have resulted in thousands of dollars worth of fines to the track, if a MNR rep was present. Protestations that he 'doesn't know everything about his first sportbike' are meaningless in the context of a track day where there are many very knowledgeable people present, who will help out if asked.

The attitude and arrogance presented indicate that this person should not be at organized trackdays.

Hey how do i sign up for a flight with u pls advise

I remember one of my first track days I was following a bike around the track when it blew a hose and sprayed hot water all over the front of my bike and visor. If he had been running coolant, it could have been disastrous instead of merely annoying.

I had a bike (ridden by my friend Brian Madeley) throw a chain through the cases and it covered me in oil as I was looking to trail him. There was so much oil that after I cleaned up the bike and went back out, oil left under the edges of stickers on the fairing blew up over the front of the bike and made it hard to see through my visor. Didn't crash and neither did he, even with oil all over our tires. Just saying that these dangers exist but actual incidents are fairly rare.

Calling the guy out in public I don't have an issue with really, but trying to hurt him and his businesses is asinine. If he'd hurt somebody, then ... maybe.

In that picture, Paul was trying to remove the coolant drain hose. There was no container near by.
Last track day at TMP was when I replaced the radiator coolant with water, and hadn't touched the coolant system since.
She asked me not to drain the coolant near her pets, so I went out of my way to move the bike to the other side of the track where there were no pets.
Also the second rider wasn't involved in preparing the bike. She was just there to ride.

In that picture, Paul was trying to remove the coolant drain hose. There was no container near by.
Last track day at TMP was when I replaced the radiator coolant with water, and hadn't touched the coolant system since.
She asked me not to drain the coolant near her pets, so I went out of my way to move the bike to the other side of the track where there were no pets.
Also the second rider wasn't involved in preparing the bike. She was just there to ride.

Just stop dude, you are making it worse...

2366080-4111340865-oh_sn.png

Shaman what's asinine is knowing the rules of these events and not abiding by them. The coolant issue is a strict safety issue. It's not new... and it's such a quick and easy maintenance item.

I'm putting around at track days as a fun hobby. Last thing I or anyone else wants is to bin it due to another riders negligence.

Shaman what's asinine is knowing the rules of these events and not abiding by them. The coolant issue is a strict safety issue. It's not new... and it's such a quick and easy maintenance item.

Nobody's disputing that. Deliberately going after his livelihood is better?

The fact that he disregards the safety rules of a track day seriously makes me wonder what he thinks doesn't need to be checked on his planes.

Back
Top Bottom