Disrepectful Trackday Riders- Don't Bother Coming Anymore! | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Disrepectful Trackday Riders- Don't Bother Coming Anymore!

Nobody's disputing that. Deliberately going after his livelihood is better?

Not sure how google giving some info is affecting his livelyhood. We're not here looking for flight rentals.

This is the new-age public stoning, eh. I hope the target of this thread will understand that putting other riders safety at risk (and their own) is not a joke.

She asked me not to drain the coolant near her pets, so I went out of my way to move the bike to the other side of the track where there were no pets.
Also the second rider wasn't involved in preparing the bike. She was just there to ride.

Are you really trying to claim that just because someone didn't tell you to NOT dump the coolant on the ground (any ground...pets around or not) that you thought it was okay?

The most appropriate response to your assertion then is the picture below.

wIaLACf.gif

The fact that he disregards the safety rules of a track day seriously makes me wonder what he thinks doesn't need to be checked on his planes.

Ed Zachary!!!

Not sure how google giving some info is affecting his livelyhood. We're not here looking for flight rentals.
This is the new-age public stoning, eh. I hope the target of this thread will understand that putting other riders safety at risk (and their own) is not a joke.

Well, he obviously doesn't care that he can drastically effect our livelihood too. He gets coolant on track - another person rides through and crashes due to it. Lets say that person breaks a bone or is otherwise hurt -- you can lose several weeks or months of pay due to his sheer carelessness and self righteousness.

Let's also remember that if there was really just water in the engine as had apparently been claimed, there would have been no environmental hazard associated with pulling off the hose to have a look.

Give up with the excuses, Ramon. Apologize. Right here, in writing. Apologize to the track day operators for lying and being disrespectful of the rules, apologize to the track day participants for presenting them with an unnecessary and preventable risk, and apologize to the pet owners at that track day for putting their pets at risk.

I like the trying to pass it off as a noob with a first sport bike excuse but in the same breath he can out ride anyone on his street bike. Motorcycle maintenance? All that was required was draining coolant. Anyone knows this before going to the track and I'd bet my 6 year old nephew could figure out how to accomplish such a hard task. People screw up and that's ok but don't go saying your new and new to maintenance when you've been through this before. Feel lucky they were nice enough to let you ride when the majority would not have. I'd be apologizing up and down and making sure any future track time is done with my bike having 0 issues passing tech.

I like the trying to pass it off as a noob with a first sport bike excuse but in the same breath he can out ride anyone on his street bike. Motorcycle maintenance? All that was required was draining coolant. Anyone knows this before going to the track and I'd bet my 6 year old nephew could figure out how to accomplish such a hard task. People screw up and that's ok but don't go saying your new and new to maintenance when you've been through this before. Feel lucky they were nice enough to let you ride when the majority would not have. I'd be apologizing up and down and making sure any future track time is done with my bike having 0 issues passing tech.

The first time that this happened a responsible person would have found out how to do this routine task. Some bikes are harder than others and my '95 GPz1100 had to be burped for an hour straight, before all the air was out of the system, but it was tedious rather than difficult.

I quit even using Ice in my track bikes, since I hate dumping $30 worth every year per bike. Which reminds me, now I need to put coolant back into the Tuono. :/

Based on the attitude and actions reported from the track, and the response here, I would recommend that the riders in question be 'dis-invited' from any future GTAM trackdays. While I wouldn't recommend sharing freely sharing their identities with other trackday organizers, I would think it quite reasonable to provide the information if actually asked.

Based on what I'm seeing in this thread, most of the major track-day providers in southern Ontario now know who this person is.

I had a bike (ridden by my friend Brian Madeley) throw a chain through the cases and it covered me in oil as I was looking to trail him. There was so much oil that after I cleaned up the bike and went back out, oil left under the edges of stickers on the fairing blew up over the front of the bike and made it hard to see through my visor. Didn't crash and neither did he, even with oil all over our tires. Just saying that these dangers exist but actual incidents are fairly rare.
Six bikes crashed on a coolant spill in one day at TMP last month...

Last edited:
Give up with the excuses, Ramon. Apologize. Right here, in writing. Apologize to the track day operators for lying and being disrespectful of the rules, apologize to the track day participants for presenting them with an unnecessary and preventable risk, and apologize to the pet owners at that track day for putting their pets at risk.

e2mUuzb.gif

From now on when someone does something stupid at the track we all say "are you pulling a Ramon?"

...no? fine!!

Back
Top Bottom