Decline of group rides (quantity) and how do you cope with it? | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Decline of group rides (quantity) and how do you cope with it?

Like I said I'm asocial, I tend to not want people to know I even exist for the most part. Seriously I went to one of those meetups last year and while it was nice to see a ton of nice bikes, I felt uncomfortable as hell.

insecure at all?? No, people aren't constantly looking at or judging you...

Even if they are, **** em

Last edited:
i think is a normal human emotion to feel uneasy when walking into an area with a bunch of people you don't know.

Very few people feel comfortable on a setting like that regardless of their insecurities.

When I'm alone, you'd be surprised at how quick I can go on that pig.

:D when I'm alone you'd be surprised how fast I can go on a 250...hell, I'm even faster in my head, VROOM VROOM mutha ****aaaa

i think is a normal human emotion to feel uneasy when walking into an area with a bunch of people you don't know.

Very few people feel comfortable on a setting like that regardless of their insecurities.

seriously? How the **** do you end up at a meet-up in the first place? I guess I'm just far more easy going and laid back then most.

My rides at one time where popular.

Known by some

insecure at all?? No, people aren't constantly looking at or judging you...

Even if they are, **** em

I don't care what people think really, I just get nervous and get head aches/nausea followed by an urge to gtfo when there are too many people around me. That's why I wear headphones whenever I am outside the house, keeps the people (and the stupid) out.

seriously? How the **** do you end up at a meet-up in the first place? I guess I'm just far more easy going and laid back then most.

I rode my bike in the general direction of where said meetup was happening pretty much hesitating the entire way, arrived fairly early when there weren't many people there and looked at the nice bikes, then it got crowded and I got uncomfortable, then it got really crowded and I said F this I am getting the hell out of here before I puke. Then I went home and drank half a bottle of vodka and passed out.

I don't care what people think really, I just get nervous and get head aches/nausea followed by an urge to gtfo when there are too many people around me. That's why I wear headphones whenever I am outside the house, keeps the people (and the stupid) out.

I rode my bike in the general direction of where said meetup was happening pretty much hesitating the entire way, arrived fairly early when there weren't many people there and looked at the nice bikes, then it got crowded and I got uncomfortable, then it got really crowded and I said F this I am getting the hell out of here before I puke. Then I went home and drank half a bottle of vodka and passed out.

lol...I got it now, you're the type who avoids company and a social environment and then likes to go get smashed on his own, do nothing then pass out...

I'm the opposite, I like to kick a sesh with some good company, drink a few beers, tell tales of our latest adventures (sometimes misadventures) and shoot the **** etc...

lol...I got it now, you're the type who avoids company and a social environment and then likes to go get smashed on his own, do nothing then pass out...

Correction I'm the type that avoids large groups and overly social environments then likes to get smashed on his own, Murder Nazis/demons/monsters/Angry 12 year olds who all seem to know my mother intimately, then pass out...

Oh yea you are one laid back and easy going mofo lol

Probably the same reason that we did, years back; people starting to blame the people leading the ride for their own mistakes.
And video taping for police evidence

I'd do a group ride if people could keep up but there's too many slow GTA riders around here doing less than 50 over.

And video taping for police evidence

Enough people were already using video recorders at the time, who ended up recording their own crashes. It's just that Youtube wasn't around for them to share it. I can recall sitting through one friend's video at The Gap and several of us saying, "There you're dead. And there. And there. And there. And there you're not only dead, but you took the guy behind you out too....", as we saw all of the stupid mistakes.

Why did you stop? They were good rides.

We picked up a trailer and a boat so I camp most weekends now.
It is a challenge to set up a ride the meets most expectations, I try to build in both controlled and free ride sections.
The most difficult part is getting folks to learn to ride at your own pace in a safe manner during the free ride sections.

Known by some

Sounds like there was some quality drama on or as a result of these rides...
On LRB's rides? no drama

They were always very well organized, great routes and great pace when appropriate, groups would be separate in "Fast" and "Slow" so everyone felt comfortable and everyone would meet up at rest stops and gas stations or stop signs at the end of a "free" stretch.

One of the very few rides I would attend if posted.

Back
Top Bottom