Dear potheads, Merry Christmas! | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dear potheads, Merry Christmas!

they should remove it from the criminal code while they figure things out. I don't see how enforcing something that will inevitably be legalized does anything... what a waste of court time.

Very curious how this will eventually play out with companies like mine that have a drug use policy and pre employment drug screening.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

I'm curious as well. I hope it's like this forum where it doesn't matter if you're wrecked when postign.

I'm curious as well. I hope it's like this forum where it doesn't matter if you're wrecked when postign.
Aii mein

Very curious how this will eventually play out with companies like mine that have a drug use policy and pre employment drug screening.

They will have to change their policy to including banning weed during work time only and won't be able to sanction you for your afterwork puff. Similar to how they treat alcohol.

I'm wondering how your work gets away with that Joe? Is it a trucking company?

I've always been under the understanding that drug screening was not legal in Canada -- the one exemption being a truck driver who had to cross the border.

From http://www.rbs.ca/newsroom-publications-Employee-Drug-Alcohol-Testing-Canada.html

Pre-Employment Screening: Can an employer test employees for drug & alcohol use before hiring? Mandatory pre-employment testing is generally not permitted, even in a "safety sensitive" or dangerous workplace. While there may be some exceptions, the Courts in Canada have generally decided that testingbefore hiring an employee (and a "zero tolerance" policy for prospective employees who failed such a test) is discriminatory under Human Rights legislation.
The one exception to this rule may be in Alberta, where, based on a decision of the Alberta Court of Appeal it was determined that mandatory pre-employment drug testing was permissible for certain employers hiring in a highly safety sensitive workplace (Syncrude’s Fort McMurray oil sands plant).
Random Testing: Can an employer randomly test employees during their employment?
Random testing during an employee's employment is almost never permitted in Canada. The uncertainty that previously surrounded this issue has now been resolved by a decision of the Supreme Court of Canada released just last month.
In Communications, Energy and Paperworkers Union of Canada, Local 30 v. Irving Pulp & Paper, Ltd. our Supreme Court considered the impact of random drug and alcohol testing on an employee's right to dignity and privacy and balanced this right against the employer's concerns for workplace safety and discipline. Ultimately siding with the employees on this issue, the Court decided that random drug and alcohol testing of employees would not be permitted even in a dangerous work environment, unless an employer could prove that there was a general problem with alcohol or drug abuse in its workplace. Based on this decision, the vast majority of Canadian employers will not be permitted to maintain policies for random drug and alcohol testing.
Post Incident testing: Can an employer test employees who are involved in an accident or other workplace incident?
The answer to this question is generally: yes. Employees who have been involved in a workplace accident, or in an incident that raises reasonable grounds for suspecting that an employee was impaired by drug or alcohol use, may generally be required to undergo testing as a condition of continuing their employment.
Furthermore, employees who are suspended or placed on leave in order to undertake a program of drug or alcohol rehabilitation may be asked to undergo a post-rehab testing program for a reasonable period of time on their return to work to ensure that they remain "clean and sober" while at work.
It must be kept in mind that for "post-incident" testing it is generally not the “testing” itself that triggers legal or Human Rights law concerns. Instead it is how an employer treats (or disciplines) an employee who tests positive (and who is dependent on drugs or alcohol) that results in most legal challenges. In most cases such an employee cannot be summarily dismissed, but must instead be offered a rehabilitation program to give them an opportunity to kick their habit and return to work.

Long story short: US company, following the US guidelines. No one has bothered to question it. I will, however, if I ever get into an accident and try to test me, I will refuse. As per our guidelines, and what you provided, they can test if they have a reasonable suspicion that drugs or alcohol may be involved. Everyone there knows that I don’t use recreational drugs, and only occasionally have alcohol. No reason to test me. I never bothered making an issue, as the pre employment drug screening was only recently introduced, so I was never affected.

yeah I'm surprised they get away with that as well. I don't smoke enough to really know how it's done, but I've got a lot of guys at my work who are constantly high and they still manage to do a better job than even the managers or people who are sober.

I just fail to realize the connection between preemptive drug screenings. if the person can work fine, they can work fine.

not that I condone it, nor do I really know exactly what work is done over there (I'm assuming forklifts and warehouse things) but generally speaking if you're high and you're doing things like that, you're going to be super careful to begin with. it's like driving stoned, you go the speed limit, look 20 times before making a right on a red, stop at all stop signs.

everything is meticulously done. again not that I condone it but i just don't see how they made that connection (at least with the preemptive screenings, in the event of an accident I can understand)

If I just get to grow 2-3 plants I'll be blessed!! This LP bud I've been getting now is pretty good though...

Dude, calm down: all Billy is saying here is that until the laws are formally changed, police should keep upholding the laws we currently have.

They generally "look the other way" for small amounts anyway, so it's all good.

I too would be interested in growing my own.

I know a couple people who grow 1 plant just for themselves and close friends. the plant was outdoor in their backyard, 6 ft ish and it was going into their neighbours backyard. lol.

growing one plant probably isn't as dangerous as long as you keep quiet. seeds are easy to get online from Canadian sites.

[video=youtube;wJUXLqNHCaI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJUXLqNHCaI[/video]

Good video released today.

The reason why I'm for the legalization of all drugs and not just pot despite having only smoked pot and having no desire to try anything else.

Has anyone ever heard of WeeMedical? I'm going there tomorrow to get signed up at their dispensary was wondering if anyone has heard of them.

Or does anyone know a good dispensary to get signed up at. I have undiagnosed sleeping issues where I'll wake up in the middle of the night and wont fall asleep until 2 hours later. this happens like once or twice a week now. I'm not a fan of traditional sleeping meds or anything that is addictive or where the side effects are worse than the condition hence my reluctance to go to my family doctor.

PM me if you have a better recommendation.

Has anyone ever heard of WeeMedical? I'm going there tomorrow to get signed up at their dispensary was wondering if anyone has heard of them.

Or does anyone know a good dispensary to get signed up at. I have undiagnosed sleeping issues where I'll wake up in the middle of the night and wont fall asleep until 2 hours later. this happens like once or twice a week now. I'm not a fan of traditional sleeping meds or anything that is addictive or where the side effects are worse than the condition hence my reluctance to go to my family doctor.

PM me if you have a better recommendation.

Is it legit government licensed or a bootleg grey market one? I'm with MariCann, they're pretty good but I went through a legit doctor with legit reasons and documentation.

Is it legit government licensed or a bootleg grey market one? I'm with MariCann, they're pretty good but I went through a legit doctor with legit reasons and documentation.
Bootleg. I feel the fact that I'm undiagnosed won't help my cause. My family doctor is most likely against pot and would try prescribing me sleeping pills first.

And with pot being legalized probably in the next year or two I feel as if spending any more money or efford than I have to on this would be pointless.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Bootleg. I feel the fact that I'm undiagnosed won't help my cause. My family doctor is most likely against pot and would try prescribing me sleeping pills first.

And with pot being legalized probably in the next year or two I feel as if spending any more money or efford than I have to on this would be pointless.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

If you're under 25, they likely won't let you sign up (at a dispensary in Ontario) if not prescribed by a doctor.

If you're under 25, they likely won't let you sign up (at a dispensary in Ontario) if not prescribed by a doctor.
I ended up just going to the place I mentioned above. Walked in, signed a sheet, bought OG Kush on the way out. I asked what would help me sleep, according to leafly, it's great for sleeping.

For me, pot is super easy to get. When I was younger (14) pot was easier to get than alcohol. The only reason I'm doing this is so I can pick my strains.

I ended up just going to the place I mentioned above. Walked in, signed a sheet, bought OG Kush on the way out. I asked what would help me sleep, according to leafly, it's great for sleeping.

For me, pot is super easy to get. When I was younger (14) pot was easier to get than alcohol. The only reason I'm doing this is so I can pick my strains.

Looks like they're primarily based in BC where they probably operate by BC guidelines. Grats ;P

If you haven't already, invest in a good vaporizer. Less waste of product, better flavor, smells A LOT less, healthier, and saves yourself from buying lighter/lighter fluid. Also long term, it prevents your breath from smelling like *** as quickly vs smoking it.

Last edited:
Looks like they're primarily based in BC where they probably operate by BC guidelines. Grats ;P

If you haven't already, invest in a good vaporizer. Less waste of product, better flavor, smells A LOT less, healthier, and saves yourself from buying lighter/lighter fluid. Also long term, it prevents your breath from smelling like *** as quickly vs smoking it.
As someone who goes to the gym 5 days a week and plays soccer and runs regularly, I invested into an Arizer Solo about a year ago. I'll most likely switch to edibles sooner or later because I just dont like foreign **** in my lungs to begin with.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom