Daniel Ciccone-Tire Change and General Repair | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Daniel Ciccone-Tire Change and General Repair

Is this the guy working out of his house garage?
Daniel has a shop where he keeps the tire machine and also works out of his home based garage. When I had my tires changed, he was working on CBR at home and had the wheels from it at the shop to change out the tires.

I have an old tube of Amsoil #2 Lithium complex Heavy Duty Synthetic grease 😂that I use for bearings and use on the axle as well. I am sure lithium will work too. Not sure if you have a chain drive or shaft. For shaft drive there is more work to make sure the splines are cleaned and proper paste applied and O rings changed/inspected.
Chain

Good to know ... I've got a rear tire on order from Fortnine for my Triumph - just still wondering if I want to tackle the wheel removal on my own or take it to a shop.

I picked up a cheap balancer from Amazon along with some weights. Removing a tire without damaging the rim is a challenge, but the rest is easy.
After my third set I finally realized that a couple bar clamp helps break the bead better than anything else I've tried. Breaking the bead is the hardest part of the whole process.

Reactions: LBV
Best lube for axles? White lithium grease or…?
Genuine question. Re & Re my wheels in the next week.
Grease on axle sticks is only for corrosion protection, the spinny parts run on sealed bearings that are not usually greasable.

Crisco works as well as anything.

I picked up a cheap balancer from Amazon along with some weights. Removing a tire without damaging the rim is a challenge, but the rest is easy.
After my third set I finally realized that a couple bar clamp helps break the bead better than anything else I've tried. Breaking the bead is the hardest part of the whole process.
The foot on your sidestand is designed to break a bead.

It's a a tough maneuver if your bike lacks a center stand.

Buy a bead breaker.
The princess has them on sale frequently.
Also, "rim savers" if you don't enjoy all the scratches (or touch up paint).

Buy a bead breaker.
The princess has them on sale frequently.
Also, "rim savers" if you don't enjoy all the scratches (or touch up paint).
I have the rim savers, but I haven't found a bead breaker at a reasonable price. I'll watch PA for it.
Over the last 20 years I find tool prices have become unreasonable. Also, I'm cheap, and haven't had a raised since well before the scamdemic, so I try to do everything I can myself to save labour and buy tools (usually at Canadian Tire) when I find them at 70% off, whether I need them or not, so I'll have it when I need it. Even at 70% off they are cheap anymore. I don't know how others do it.

I have the rim savers, but I haven't found a bead breaker at a reasonable price. I'll watch PA for it.
Over the last 20 years I find tool prices have become unreasonable. Also, I'm cheap, and haven't had a raised since well before the scamdemic, so I try to do everything I can myself to save labour and buy tools (usually at Canadian Tire) when I find them at 70% off, whether I need them or not, so I'll have it when I need it. Even at 70% off they are cheap anymore. I don't know how others do it.
Nothing is cheap. But. If ya wanna play, ya gotta pay. Or. Over pay at the shop(s).
I made my harley buddy buy the PA bead breaker, on sale a couple weeks ago. He keeps it here...lol. His stiff sidewalls were too much for mine, and broke it. I welded it back, but no more Dunlop harley, or any GT tires on "my" breaker.
If you buy quality tools now, you'll have them forever.......take advantage of sales......today's prices will look extremely low 5-6 yrs from now. (the PA breaker isn't 'quality', but being used seldom like, it should be ok).

OIP.qAaLbr8HmBXozBFpAZK86gHaGS

Mostly true. You can use some effort to get closer to the middle. If you travel to a different economic area, you can get good, fast and cheap relative to the service/rates in the GTA. I had an alternator die on the way to chicago and got it replaced on a saturday for 30% of the cost in Canada. A few head scratchers on the install but put another 100k on that car and the alternator was still working when I sold it.

Another thumbs up for Daniel. He replaced my chain and sprocket for me. Some issues with the parts (I ordered the wrong rear sprocket and the bike was stuck with him for a couple of weeks). Overall, I feel Daniel is pretty good for regular maintenance. He charged me 2 hours labour for the chain sprocket replacement.

I made my harley buddy buy the PA bead breaker, on sale a couple weeks ago. He keeps it here...lol. His stiff sidewalls were too much for mine, and broke it. I welded it back, but no more Dunlop harley, or any GT tires on "my" breaker.

Which bead breaker did he get? I don't recall PA having any that would work better than a home-made one out of 2x4's.

Which bead breaker did he get? I don't recall PA having any that would work better than a home-made one out of 2x4's.
Curious how this 2x4 bead breaker works...I've never attempted to swap out tires on my own but wouldn't mind learning on the next bike.

Back
Top Bottom