Damit flat rear tire! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Damit flat rear tire!

The crappie tire reamer and plug kits are good for getting you home from wherever - I know people who have ridden for over a year with no issues. However, they can fail and especially if you push the speed ratings. Once you have some time put a proper inside out plug and patch in like the one from fortnine.

https://fortnine.ca/en/stop-go-patch-plug-kit

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I was in FS recently. They have stopped providing motorcycle service and are only selling parts. Glen will mount and balance tires if you bring the rims though

Yep, no more bike service at Flying Squirrel, and they moved to a different location in the same building (in case you walk in and wonder where they went)

Dave (the mechanic who was at FS) however has opened his own MC service shop on Carlaw, just down the street. Here's the link: https://www.alleycatmotorcycleservice.com/

Ok Update:

Think I found the problem.

694d5fad867d5d53a47dec51ac1fde37.jpg

cabbc8368c147a8cb5b6a65b83f2b05b.jpg

I am going to lift the bike to rotate the tire to check the rest if it.

But I get the feeling I am fooked anyhow.

Sent from the Moon!

Ok Update:

Think I found the problem.

694d5fad867d5d53a47dec51ac1fde37.jpg

cabbc8368c147a8cb5b6a65b83f2b05b.jpg

I am going to lift the bike to rotate the tire to check the rest if it.

But I get the feeling I am fooked anyhow.

Sent from the Moon!
Damn ... New tire needed. Same thing happened to my car tire last week. Zigzag cut across the tread.

Ouch .get thee hence to the tire dealer.

Double cuts like that....any chance you annoyed a neighbor?

bad deal
on a new tire to boot
shytty!

Totally

Ouch .get thee hence to the tire dealer.

Double cuts like that....any chance you annoyed a neighbor?

I thought the same thing (especially since my neighour is a a jerk, we are not on great terms), but I do park in my garage. I dunno this whole situation does seem kinda funny. My last ride was on Wed last week (long ride), bike was good, then Sunday I have a flat, and it does look like a blade of some sort got stuck in there, like an xacto. Add to it there is construction right across from my house (new custom home going up), but they are doing all interior now.

I don't want to think about it too much, just need to deal with it and the new expenses, and try to get to the dealer and back before long weekend, if possible. =|

You'd never touch a tire with an exacto...if you ever do a flat you'll understand how tough tires are.

You'd never touch a tire with an exacto...if you ever do a flat you'll understand how tough tires are.

yup, just shoving a plug in, is a pretty good upper body work out
a gash like that on tire would take considerable effort with a knife

I'd guess a cutoff piece of steel was on the road

I don't want to think about it too much, just need to deal with it and the new expenses, and try to get to the dealer and back before long weekend, if possible. =|

Yep, just got back from Snow City, have a hole in mine. Wear bars are showing so i'm just going to replace it, they were OEM anyways.

Onto new rubber!

@bigpoopa i got 7,500kms out of them.

Yep, just got back from Snow City, have a hole in mine. Wear bars are showing so i'm just going to replace it, they were OEM anyways.

Onto new rubber!

@bigpoopa i got 7,500kms out of them.

Did you replace both tires? I have to replace my rear tire now I have to deal with different wear from front to back, I guess.

Ooooooo broken glass :(
too bad it's not a trials tire, you could have just crazy glued it until you wore it out.

Did you replace both tires? I have to replace my rear tire now I have to deal with different wear from front to back, I guess.

Yeah, im changing brand/model so i want similar tread patterns.

I think fronts can run almost x2 the lifespan of rears, someone feel free to correct me.

That wouldn't bother me. Just remember to take it easy for a bit to relearn how your bike handles with the new rubber. It is amazing the differences (both positive and negative) that new rubber can bring. You probably won't have much difference since you are keeping the same make/model, but the new tires are still a little slippery for the first bit. If you change models or brands you can notice huge differences in stability, turning and time to warm up.

I think fronts can run almost x2 the lifespan of rears, someone feel free to correct me.

that has been my experience

some say brand mixing is okay, but I don't like the idea

so every other rear I would consider a different tire

+1 2 rears to 1 front. Take teh time to get used to a fresh rear with a half used front. Have mixed brands before, not a big deal with street riding, but track I keep matched tires.

I just bought a set of Avon tires before my trip south . Day before I left picked up a nail . No motorcycle dealer would plug the tire . Went to a car tire place they did it no problem . Going on 2500k no issues so far . Did straight highway at 130 plus . Done the US129 and Cherehola skyway all good .

Back
Top Bottom