Craft Beer: What are you drinking now?? | Page 52 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Craft Beer: What are you drinking now??

Was enjoying the matinee at a buddies garage and a friend brought in some chocolate peanut butter craft beer.
Fack me. At what point does the silly train run off the track.

What’s a matter? You no like?

Kelp stout. Huh. A bit like Oyster stout in character?

Question for you beer experts.
Drinking a "Black Lager" from Trestle brewery parry sound.
What's the difference between a dark lager and a stout? How about Guinness?
20231127_172900.jpg

Black lagers or “shwarzbier” are a German style of lager. Compared to other ales, stouts and porters also use larger amounts of more heavily roasted malts, which gives stouts their inky appearance and more pronounced “roasty” flavor. Dark Lagers, by comparison, incorporate similar roasted malts but are fermented much more slowly at cooler temps.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

This is my new favourite. Especially at a bar with a pound of wing and fries.
I have had it many times before but it is now my go to beer. For some reason it is not common at The Beer store so I will need to stock up.

1701138093451.png

@oioioi , lucky for you since your near Milton , best wings going are at Ivy Arms the pub on main st . And great fresh cut fries .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
Been there before but not in a long time. Too long to remember how good they were.

I've had wings twice (this past Saturday and 2 weeks ago or so) at this small bar in Grand Valley.
I was quite impressed with them. Flavour was good (I usually go with HOT) and they mean was just falling off the bone.

A nice pint of Rickards Red to chase them down with was perfect.

I suspect I will be having them again in the near future as I have a project that I am working on 2 doors down from the place. Even though there is some Pierogi place across the street.

Last edited:
Been there before but not in a long time. Too long to remember how good they were.

I've had wings twice (this past Saturday and 2 weeks ago or so) at this small bar in Grand Valley.
I was quite impressed with them. Flavour was good (I usually go with HOT) and they mean was just falling off the bone.

A nice pint of Rickards Red to chase them down with was percent.

I suspect I will be having them again in the near future as I have a project that I am working on 2 doors down from the place. Even though there is some Pierogi place across the street.

What was the name of the bar?
We ride through Grand Valley a lot.

I have had it many times before but it is now my go to beer. For some reason it is not common at The Beer store so I will need to stock up.

View attachment 64583

Rickard’s Red is a Molson product.
It’s Export Ale with a slightly different malt profile to make it more “caramel-like”.
It was originally whipped up as a one-off for a Molson staff Christmas party.
It was such a hit that they decided to brew it on a regular basis.
It was only available on tap for the longest time before being packaged.

What was the name of the bar?
We ride through Grand Valley a lot.
Crap. Sorry. Forgot to paste the link to it.
But than again, your chances were 50/50. I think there are only 2 watering holes in Grand Valley

1701144409024.png

View attachment 64583
Nice choice. Haven’t had this in a while as I barely drink now (outside of some occasion or another). But time to top up the fridge for the season.

Nice choice. Haven’t had this in a while as I barely drink now (outside of some occasion or another). But time to top up the fridge for the season.
I don't drink much either. Especially in the winter. Usually, only when going out or entertaining.

Crap. Sorry. Forgot to paste the link to it.
But than again, your chances were 50/50. I think there are only 2 watering holes in Grand Valley

View attachment 64585

The last time I rode through there - must have been Sept or Oct, it seemed like there were a few more restaurants on the main drag. The Chop House has been there forever so they must be doing something right!

The last time I rode through there - must have been Sept or Oct, it seemed like there were a few more restaurants on the main drag. The Chop House has been there forever so they must be doing something right!
I think I saw 3. But haven't tried the others.

Latest batch of hard cider will be bottled this morning.

Back
Top Bottom