Craft Beer: What are you drinking now?? | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Craft Beer: What are you drinking now??

Fridge is stocked with seven different beers from B3 for boxing day when my kids come up for a visit.
PC240126_zpscgwzkdpf.jpg

That bottom shelf needs some filling up. Hahaha
I drank the mill st lune de sang
...still not a belgian fan, but this one was pretty good

Holidays are a great time. :)

I've been going back to Saison Deux Fois La Taille lots lately. Had it again today. A very approachable saison made in Canada! https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/37562/184559/

Also fin du monde, https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22/34/

and pulled out another top top beer (favourite). Gulden draak, https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/48/155/
Another belgian ale, :D. Strong, super smooth and flavourful. So much complexity, various fruit and sweet caramel undertones. Just amazing stuff, though it can be harder to find. Everyone needs to try this beer.

Last edited:
Drank my last 2013 Amsterdam Tempest, and a Magic Hat Vamplifier Hoppy Red Ale

Had a Celebrator. Simply the best doppelbock in the world. So awesome. https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/39/131/
This beer should be on everyone's must try list.

On a side note, I've been collecting the muselets (wire cage for cork top) from my beers for years now. Being a new year I checked them out and reached my target. They are from various 750 ml craft beer bottles.

Yup, taller than me at around 7 feet all stacked together.
attachment.php

I guess this shows I like craft beer.

Last edited:
Had the forked river coffee porter on the 31st at 11:30 as my last beer of 2016, and then at 12:01 had the beaus new lang syne 9% tripel as the 1st beer of 2017.

Out of curiosity, is anyone else here using the untappd app to log beers?

Megadeth brew. Nice blend of hoppy, sour and fruity but it's kind of tame for a Unibroue product. Went right back to La Fin Du Monde after that.

9f96594bbeedaaa719649504773aa1dc.jpg
I used to get La Maudite until LCBO stopped selling it recently. Brought a 6 pack back from Quebec after new year.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I am using untappd. I have just under 500 different beers listed. I also tried New Lang Syne. An excellent belgian-style in my opinion.

I thought you didn't like belgian styles? How was the tripel?

I don't, I'm not a quitter either though! Haha
I figure if I keep trying them I might find another one I like just as much as the Delirium Tremens and Nocturnum.

I found the New Lange Syne very sweet. My wife on the other hand LOVES trips and quads. She loved the NLS

I love Belgian Triples and Quads as well...
Block 3 in St. Jacobs has "Through the Quad" available... one of my favourites, but a tad on the higher price of things at $20 a Growler fill.

I love Belgian Triples and Quads as well...
Block 3 in St. Jacobs has "Through the Quad" available... one of my favourites, but a tad on the higher price of things at $20 a Growler fill.

Nice!

I don't, I'm not a quitter either though! Haha
I figure if I keep trying them I might find another one I like just as much as the Delirium Tremens and Nocturnum.

I found the New Lange Syne very sweet. My wife on the other hand LOVES trips and quads. She loved the NLS

Haha. Good stuff.

For tremens (tripel style) immediately off the top of my head try Tripel Karmeliet and Westmalle tripel. Best of the style. Some cellaring right now too.

For nocturnum I enjoy a fair amount of belgian quads or strong belgian ales more, so definitely try everything you can get your hands on.

Never had the Westmalle.
I'll keep an eye out!

Never had the Westmalle.
I'll keep an eye out!

Westmalle, so steeped in history. One of the oldest and original trappist belgian breweries. Much tradition and goodness there.

I had the Westmalle Tripel at Biermarkt. That is one potent brew!
Cheers! It has made its way to ON from time to time. Epic though it can be hard to find.

Last edited:
Opened up another Westvleteren 12. Lovely (detailed notes earlier).

I've had a grand total of one. Just great.

Samichlaus is back in the stores right now, or at least it is in Kingston. That's an interesting one. Very sweet and loaded with ABV

A collection of relatively recent favourites:

20161004202200-9573bc81-me.jpg

20161027192524-26834cbf-me.jpg

20161230114638-87d6c8da-me.jpg

20170104112945-7e46094c-me.jpg

Oh and this ... drank the last, cellaring two Tannenbomb imperial witbiers and six kentucky bastards for sometime later... from 9 months to a year.

20160624200847-f0dd801b-me.jpg

Samichlaus is too treacly for me. Noticed the prices of some local craft brews getting up there, especially Beaus stuff in the pint bottles. I can get Chimay red in a 730ml bottle for the same price or less everyday and that's a class beer. Quite a few classy Belgians selling for a fair bit less than some Ontario beers too. I'm all for supporting local breweries but I'm sniffing a bit of a hipster tax here.

Stone City need to get their old food menu back too. The food's not as appealing lately although it's still pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom