Cop waits over an hour and a half to ticket us. | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cop waits over an hour and a half to ticket us.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by TwistedKestrel

Well, one generation raised the other. Who's responsible there?

I'm really tired of the young people bashing. The hippies ruined everything. Hollywood didn't help either.

i went off one day at work about my kids' punk as@ stuff to fellow co - workers, who shut me up quick with ~ "OH, and you were an angel"..

did something right tho, mine never even dabbled in dope

in japan, they don't have janitors for schools, students are responsible for those duties as part of basic schooling,

no such thing as gum under desks

Immigration is very tight in Japan.

Googled them, and yeah Type 1 would definitely cause issues. Figure Type 2 should be good for most, unless you piss a cop off by doing (or saying) something else.

Type 1:
DSC084661-720x700.jpg

Type 2:

DSC09197-960x639.jpg
That type 1 I've seen on several bikes, including a close friend of mine and sitting in a car/suv the plate is easily read. It just looks aggressive but not obscured at all.

We have stopped over my buds type 1 asked the cop to honestly go back in his car and read the plate. He humored us and let us go because he could in fact read it easily.

So, what you're telling me is you haven't been paying your taxes.

What happened indeed.

I don't see any problems with the op, just a heads up to other riders that a cop has a hard on for this particular issue and spent 90mins waiting for them. 90mins seems pretty excessive over what is a paper crime.

The cop wasn't looking for a bike like that because he saw it jump a light or speed or whatever so Atm it is a paper crime and some might think it is a waste of tax dollars.

maan, i remember when the rules/laws were that blinkers hadda be like ~ 6" away from a brake light,

and folks are supposed to see the whatever mini angel eye turn signals, combination stuff out there today?!

Last edited:
maan, i remember when the rules/laws were that blinkers hadda be like ~ 6" away from a brake light

I'm pretty sure they still are, which is why integrated tail lights and most smaller fender eliminators are still technically illegal.

if that's the case, then cops are gonna have a bonanza reg, to play with

IMO those type 1 plates look like garbage. The Type 2 looks great, very clean. I made myself a type 2 for my last bike, and I'll be buying one for my new one. Looks way better, and is seen just as easily.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure they still are, which is why integrated tail lights and most smaller fender eliminators are still technically illegal.
Correct. Most of the time these riders never bother using them anyway

Thank the geniuses from last week for whatever enforcement rains down upon us. If its not legal its not legal,and no amount of posting on this site will change that. Today big time OPP presence at Hwy 89 and 10 giving the once over to all sport bikes. If you had an aftermarket pipe you got the "hairy eyeball" and sometimes they followed you into the hills to make sure you were behaving. Didn't see any tickets getting written, and they were leaving the cruiser crowd pretty much alone. Followed me from 89 all the way to the Mansfield road, and my pipe isn't really that loud.

Correct. Most of the time these riders never bother using them anyway

Maybe they are training for when they become BMW drivers?

Jokes aside, although illegal I doubt many cops 'care'. Same with fender eliminators that still place the plate close to 90 degrees at the back-end of the bike. Unless a cop is a rider, they probably don't know the difference between it and OEM...I know in the case of my bike, if I ever got the Yoshimura eliminator, any non-rider would be hard-pressed to tell, plus it re-uses the OEM blinkers. On the flip-side, tuck the plate up near the rear shock, put an integrated tail light on, or those LED blinkers the size of a penny, and some will take notice.

That said, I'm guessing based on the new safety regs, it must be hard to get a certificate/pass with the bike modified. Pretty sure for a proper safety they do check the measurements, and technically, require the OEM fender to be mounted to the vehicle.

Jokes aside, although illegal I doubt many cops 'care'. Same with fender eliminators that still place the plate close to 90 degrees at the back-end of the bike. Unless a cop is a rider, they probably don't know the difference between it and OEM...I know in the case of my bike, if I ever got the Yoshimura eliminator, any non-rider would be hard-pressed to tell, plus it re-uses the OEM blinkers. On the flip-side, tuck the plate up near the rear shock, put an integrated tail light on, or those LED blinkers the size of a penny, and some will take notice.

That said, I'm guessing based on the new safety regs, it must be hard to get a certificate/pass with the bike modified. Pretty sure for a proper safety they do check the measurements, and technically, require the OEM fender to be mounted to the vehicle.

You have done a great job showing your complete ignorance on this topic. Lol. There goes any rep....

Maybe they are training for when they become BMW drivers?

yea prob usually but, given recent swarming stunting stuff, no way that will be ignored & hey, 6" blinkies is easy & good to know

prob mostly like before, depends mainly on who you know, last one i got from an auto repairs outfit, dude was clueless about bikes, even asked me if the brakes worked & doubt he even knew what pedal or lever made it happen

i had just rolled in after a 2 day ~ 800 click trip, quick chat & voila

prior to that on another bike, dude that only did bikes had a quick look & said needed rear brake pads, which it didn't, but hadda do 'em (myself) in that deal, no point in making waves about it

Last edited:
Ok so your plate is improperly, mounted as per the regulations, and you got a warning. Then you complain the officer waited for 1.5 hours to be nice to you? Would you have preferred the alternative? He could have simply called a tow truck had your vehicle towed away, then when you came to claim it write you the tickets.

If cop tows vehicle and writes ticket he is an Ahole... If he waits 90 minutes gives the rider a break, he is an Ahole...

Good for you for changing your GF's plate to a better position. Leave yours where it is and you WILL buy a ticket and quite possibly a tow next time, but who cares as long as you get to do what YOU FEEL is right..lol Good luck in court.

Hedo, you disappoint me. You're sounding more like Griff, and I expect a higher level of debate from you.

If this was truly about how their plates were displayed, the cop would have written the citation and have been on his way, not waited 1 1/2 hrs to just give a warning. This was profiling pure and simple. An incident happened where a bunch of sport bike riders behaved badly so a police officer is now using (as awdmig coined the term) a "paper" laws to go out of his way to go on a fishing expedition with a couple sport bikes he happens to see. How is this any different then carding?

I don't support or defend the actions of the riders last weekend, but 2 wrongs don't make a right. Personally I have kept my stock tail because as others have said, why should I give the police an excuse. If paper laws were really that important, the Toronto courts would be filled with kids cited for playing road hockey on public streets.

If this was truly about how their plates were displayed, the cop would have written the citation and have been on his way, not waited 1 1/2 hrs to just give a warning. This was profiling pure and simple. An incident happened where a bunch of sport bike riders behaved badly so a police officer is now using (as awdmig coined the term) a "paper" laws to go out of his way to go on a fishing expedition with a couple sport bikes he happens to see. How is this any different then carding?

first, op sez cop waited ~ 1.5 hrs

second, cop parks behind bike, prob want's a chat with the rider who eventually shows up, and sits there doing whatever else in the meantime

big deal

could be many valid reasons for sittin' there in the meantime

can you state without reservation he was merely sitting there doing NOTHING else other than waiting for you to return? He could have been making notes on tickets he had issued, writing a report, filling out officer evaluations, replying to service related emails, etc etc etc. and simply choose that space to do so, as well as discuss the plate location with the rider should they return while he was present.

Last edited:
fwiw, in the top pix, i never follow anyone that close, in whatever i'm driving

Eh, it just looks like stop and go

You have done a great job showing your complete ignorance on this topic. Lol. There goes any rep....

How so? Because I don't believe every cop has a hard-on for targeting every bike that might be slightly modified? There is a big difference between types of eliminators, that can easily even be seen between the Type 1 and Type 2 posted here earlier. Ride reasonably with the Type 2, and you are less likely to be pulled over for plate alone than with the Type 1. Ride like a ******, and then all bets are off.

As for the safety piece, that's based on the new regs that recently came out to tighten what is allowed and what isn't. I'd have to pull the link, but pretty sure it actually says all OEM fenders must be present on the vehicle. Not saying I fully agree with all the changes, but I do know some people who have said they no longer safety vehicles given all the required checks, and the fact they could lose their license if they certify something they should not.

Back
Top Bottom