Cop waits over an hour and a half to ticket us. | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cop waits over an hour and a half to ticket us.

bingo

This is the expected backlash from the mob of retards riding around Toronto with impunity. You should be thankful he didn't make you tow the bikes as they weren't street legal in their current condition.

What exactly did these clowns think was going to happen after Sunday? Get used to it, because they absolutely own this. You can only antagonize the police so many times before you will reap what you have sowed. Funny you don't see the 1% community involved in this kind of stunt, because they don't want the attention. If we get decent weather this weekend it should be fun up in Hockley, Forks, River Road etc. I assume we'll be talking to many police officers over the weekend, if we get decent weather.
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by GreyGhost

This is the expected backlash from the mob of retards riding around Toronto with impunity. You should be thankful he didn't make you tow the bikes as they weren't street legal in their current condition.
I'm sure many of us who had nothing to do with that stupid stunt group ride will end up paying for it!

Cops are gonna take their anger on everyone now because a bunch of morons decided to have a 'cool brah' moment!

anger? naah, just a job, action - reaction

Last edited:
Go back and re read your initial post, it reads like you were indeed bitching about it, (specifically your comment about the officer having a hard on for sport bike riders). As well as your commentary on his wasting 1.5 hours, can you state without reservation he was merely sitting there doing NOTHING else other than waiting for you to return? He could have been making notes on tickets he had issued, writing a report, filling out officer evaluations, replying to service related emails, etc etc etc. and simply choose that space to do so, as well as discuss the plate location with the rider should they return while he was present.

The fact that, that shift the officer was in an SUV means little, you know they don't always drive the same patrol unit right? Today he could be on bicycle patrol, mounted patrol, foot patrol, or a scout car.

Yeah, that's what I was saying, I don't pay taxes!

What happened to this forum? I haven't posted in a while but here is my take.

I don't know, I've noticed that when I shared my experience with a cop while on my motorcycle, some called it bitching/ complaining. I call it motorcycle related conversation in a motorcycle forum.

It seems to me that some people need to take the stick out of their *** and be a little nicer to others who are just having basic conversation about our common interest.

bingo

anger? naah, just a job, action - reaction

That's right. Police aren't hired to just enforce the laws. They are hired to vent their personal grievances.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by espro

Man what happened to this forum?

What, we aren't supposed to mention the truth?

My personal opinion is that most undertails are ***** with terrible lighting and barely visible plates and deserve every ticket they get. I understand factory tails are hideous, but most people change them with the least legal thing possible and then ***** about getting in trouble (therein lies the true GTAM spirit).

Happy now?

lol

actually, your scoop is nothing more than a one sided slanted story,

cop mighta just been checking out your ride cos "it fit a description" - they get leads, tips then they followup,

lotsa hot fresh vids & info out there to work from/with, including from this site,

so you end up in a one on one chit chat with a cop doing his job

oh, the horror...

& you finish with this bit, tell us some more stories
He is from 54 division and drives a marked SUV.

This guy has a hard on for every bike but especially bikes like sport/ sport touring types because he didnt catch one who choose not to stop.

Your tax dollars hard at wok people.

Here is the scoop.

My girl and I were parked on the north side of Danforth near Carlaw to have lunch a Christana's.

When we sat on the patio I noticed a marked SUV pull up behind our bikes, I thought nothing of it.

After lunch we walked toward our bikes and when he noticed us he got out and came to speak with us.
The issue was our under tail, plate holder, tidy tail or whatever the plate relocator is called.

We have the GIXXER BOY's kits for Gsxr 600/750.

He informed us that our license plates were mounted illegally according to the HTA and we need to replace them with the stock units for our bikes.

He said this was a pet peeve of his because red light cameras, his dash cam and 407 cameras may not read our plates as they are too far under the tail. He also said has lit up people with these and they just took off and his dash cam was not able to read the plate.

Then he said he was going to call our insurance company and report this to them. WTF?

He took our names addresses and a detailed description of our bikes, helmets and riding gear.

I replaced my girls under tail with another one that's right at the back of the bike but there is no way I'm putting a stock one on. I'm not changing mine at all, this is the first time a cop had a problem with it.

He said all we need to do is take pictures of our bikes with proper plate mounting at the rear most part of the bike and show the prosecuter.

Then he decided not to ticket us but give us a warning so the next time a cop runs out plate it better be corrected.

He is from 54 division and drives a marked SUV.

This guy has a hard on for every bike but especially bikes like sport/ sport touring types because he didnt catch one who choose not to stop.

Your tax dollars hard at wok people.

good bet tho, cops are checkin' stuff out,

good, keeps 'em away from nasty timmies stuff

Last edited:
be nice if the popo hassled the loud pipe crowd the way this cop hassled the OP...

be nice if the popo hassled the loud pipe crowd the way this cop hassled the OP...

i'm sure it goes without saying you mean ALL loud pipes,

hassled the op? i'm all ears?

dude's lucky yet another cop in good mood

Last edited:
Agreed.

What happened to us? I grew up for one thing and learned how to take responsibility for my actions. Lame but true.

You can modify your bike so it no longer meets legal requirements. You just have to pay the price.

I'm curious on one excuse. How did you or "your girl" not either a) realize bike was lowered and or b) not think that would affect visibility of anything underneath it?

What happened to us? I grew up for one thing and learned how to take responsibility for my actions.

Yeah, that's something totally foreign to much of the current younger generation, and I'm left wondering if they'll ever reach that "I grew up" stage at all, much less be willing to accept the whole "actions have consequences" thing.

I had an Ultra Classic and the 407 never got my plate but since it is the factory plate location and industry Canada has approved the bike for sale in Canada I don't think the cops could argue that one.
Is this plate legal?

As my ex-father in-law laughed about how the 407 is free for him.

Yeah, that's something totally foreign to much of the current younger generation, and I'm left wondering if they'll ever reach that "I grew up" stage at all, much less be willing to accept the whole "actions have consequences" thing.

Well, one generation raised the other. Who's responsible there?

Had some time to kill so looked up definition of "classic" and "ultra". Wow, that must have been some bike. What brand?

I'm really tired of the young people bashing. The hippies ruined everything. Hollywood didn't help either.

Totally agree - too many parents who were likely raised properly (with discipline and such) by 2 generations back who felt wronged by it, so they opted to raise their kids to be coddled self righteous bubble children instead who believe the world owes them everything, everybody wins, and if you do something wrong, don't worry, mommy and daddy will be there for you.

I hear that's working out great for that generation as they enter college and have the rude awakening that they are not, after all, special snowflakes.

Have you ever interacted with anyone born in the last twenty years? Or did you just get the summary from a National Post editorial

Have you ever interacted with anyone born in the last twenty years?

Yeah, I have two teens..who I thankfully raised to be capable adults. Sadly I had to inform them that not everybody is a winner, you can't always get what you want, they were not special snowflakes, and sometimes life sucks.

But they're well adjusted as a result and they will be able to leave the nest as functioning adults. Not like a lot of others of the same generation I've also observed.

It was funny, my own daughter came home from her new (and first) job in the spring and had a laugh with me about a coworker (also a 16 year old kid) who had no idea how to wipe a table, or sweep a floor. It was so foreign to her that when the boss asked her to go out to the dining room and do it, she didn't know how. When she started slopping a soaking wet rag over the tables and making things worse instead of better, my daughter quietly stepped in to help her. She came home thinking it was odd that this other kid didn't have a basic life skill - the ability to clean something - at age 16. She was then a bit taken aback in the week or two following when she found many of the other new hires were similar -didn't know how to clean a toilet, load a dishwasher, mop a floor, and the boss actually had to fire one of them inside the first 2 weeks because of what my daughter described as a total and complete lack of ability to not look at her phone every few minutes to check her social media.

And these are kids that will be heading off to university inside 2-3 years.

Anyhow, this is drifting off topic in a pretty solid fashion. My bad.

Yeah, I have two teens..who I thankfully raised to be capable adults. Sadly I had to inform them that not everybody is a winner, you can't always get what you want, they were not special snowflakes, and sometimes life sucks.

But they're well adjusted as a result and they will be able to leave the nest as functioning adults. Not like a lot of others of the same generation I've also observed.

It was funny, my own daughter came home from her new (and first) job in the spring and had a laugh with me about a coworker (also a 16 year old kid) who had no idea how to wipe a table, or sweep a floor. It was so foreign to her that when the boss asked her to go out to the dining room and do it, she didn't know how. When she started slopping a soaking wet rag over the tables and making things worse instead of better, my daughter quietly stepped in to help her. She came home thinking it was odd that this other kid didn't have a basic life skill - the ability to clean something - at age 16. She was then a bit taken aback in the week or two following when she found many of the other new hires were similar -didn't know how to clean a toilet, load a dishwasher, mop a floor, and the boss actually had to fire one of them inside the first 2 weeks because of what my daughter described as a total and complete lack of ability to not look at her phone every few minutes to check her social media.

Anyhow, this is drifting off topic in a pretty solid fashion. My bad.

They aren't just heading off to university, they are your future leaders.

Agreed. Parents who absolutely refuse to be mean and discipline their children then later piss and moan about how out of control their kids are, how lazy etc. I'm always like "well you raised them".
Besides, many of today's youth are smart, funny and extremely creative. There is still hope.
@Joe Bass. How many of our younger members here have you met and they had their stuff going on? Boots, Evon and several others come to mind immediately. Amirite?

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

in japan, they don't have janitors for schools, students are responsible for those duties as part of basic schooling,

no such thing as gum under desks, or dirty toilets

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom