Certas/Desjardins Horrible | GTAMotorcycle.com

Certas/Desjardins Horrible

Hardwrkr13

Site Supporter
A few here are already aware my motorcycle was hit back in September. Anywho, I filed a police report and notified insurance same day. Dropped bike off at nearest BMW dealer per insurance request and had a repair estimate 3 days later. Emailed ins adjustor the estimate same day and they acknowledged receipt of it. That's where this goes downhill.
2 weeks go by with no word so I emailed and called them and got no reply. By week 3 I called the generic line to speak to anyone who could give me an update and they told me the estimate was never added to the file by my adjustor and requested it again so I sent it off to new guy. They also now have no idea where my bike is so I have to tell them that again. One more week and nothing. Email/phone, no replies.
Goes on like this for 2 months. I end up going through 6 different people, resent the repair estimate in 3 times, sent my helmet photos and receipt in 5 times and by this point have asked to speak to a manager twice because I'm getting no where and every week or two when I ask for an update and finally get ahold of someone they don't have any of the info that 've sent in so it keeps going nowhere.
Person 6 says the file has been updated the day prior showing the bike is a total loss and they request a copy of the signed ownership to which I send them the same day. A week later no response so I talk to person #7 who says their my new adjustor and they didn't receive the ownership and ask for it again. I request a manager again and this time they tell me one will call me in 2-3 days (they refuse to let me speak to one). Day 2 I hear from adjustor who tells me they found the email I sent with the signed ownership but it's not signed so I have to sign it and send it back to which I screenshot the original email with the signed ownership in it advising them to check their vision. Day 3 of this wait the manager finally calls and tells me the file will be settled by the next day (no apology, no cares that I've dealt with 7 incompetent people in a row who've all misplaced info and refused to answer the phone/email).
I did get the file completed the next day. But I don't see myself going forward with this company in the future.

You also can't file a complaint with them. Their online complaint form doesn't load and if you try to call in a complaint they'll just transfer you around until you get cut off (I've tried 3 times).

You also can't file a complaint with them. Their online complaint form doesn't load and if you try to call in a complaint they'll just transfer you around until you get cut off (I've tried 3 times).
Yep, similar asshatery with Co-Operators.

My claim with Echelon was quite good, despite the online reviews.

I just wrapped up a very bad experience with Pembridge. NO response to voice mail. NO response to email. The only time it was easy, was day 1, when I called to let them know I crashed. (Sep 1)
Still nothing regarding injuries or helmet/gear damage.
I looked at google reviews. 1.7 stars. Rather high imo. Then I looked at other ins co reviews. All the same.
If the govt insists we have insurance, maybe, just maybe they could straighten out the shenanigans the ins co's are getting away with?

My broker keeps switching insurers for us depending on the phases of the moon. Currently Wawanesa.
The new KTM was just swapped on to the existing BMW policy because they wanted to charge me a penalty to end it (even though the bike was written off and paid out WTF) so I'll be shopping around when this one's up in a few months.

desjardins are the same people running ads where the agent knows you sooooo well. Why run an ad campaign that is so wildly off base??

The new KTM was just swapped on to the existing BMW policy because they wanted to charge me a penalty to end it (even though the bike was written off and paid out WTF) so I'll be shopping around when this one's up in a few months.
huh? so if you did not buy a new bike what were they planning to do?

I was gonna say you should get the ombudsman involved, but it sounds like it's over. Also... I wasn't aware the FSCO doesn't exist anymore?!?!

desjardins are the same people running ads where the agent knows you sooooo well. Why run an ad campaign that is so wildly off base??
Desjardins has 2 different line of insurance - the original Desjardins Direct and the one they bought from State Farm, now referred to as "Desjardins Agents".

A few here are already aware my motorcycle was hit back in September. Anywho, I filed a police report and notified insurance same day. Dropped bike off at nearest BMW dealer per insurance request and had a repair estimate 3 days later. Emailed ins adjustor the estimate same day and they acknowledged receipt of it. That's where this goes downhill.
2 weeks go by with no word so I emailed and called them and got no reply. By week 3 I called the generic line to speak to anyone who could give me an update and they told me the estimate was never added to the file by my adjustor and requested it again so I sent it off to new guy. They also now have no idea where my bike is so I have to tell them that again. One more week and nothing. Email/phone, no replies.
Goes on like this for 2 months. I end up going through 6 different people, resent the repair estimate in 3 times, sent my helmet photos and receipt in 5 times and by this point have asked to speak to a manager twice because I'm getting no where and every week or two when I ask for an update and finally get ahold of someone they don't have any of the info that 've sent in so it keeps going nowhere.
Person 6 says the file has been updated the day prior showing the bike is a total loss and they request a copy of the signed ownership to which I send them the same day. A week later no response so I talk to person #7 who says their my new adjustor and they didn't receive the ownership and ask for it again. I request a manager again and this time they tell me one will call me in 2-3 days (they refuse to let me speak to one). Day 2 I hear from adjustor who tells me they found the email I sent with the signed ownership but it's not signed so I have to sign it and send it back to which I screenshot the original email with the signed ownership in it advising them to check their vision. Day 3 of this wait the manager finally calls and tells me the file will be settled by the next day (no apology, no cares that I've dealt with 7 incompetent people in a row who've all misplaced info and refused to answer the phone/email).
I did get the file completed the next day. But I don't see myself going forward with this company in the future.

Were you with a State Farm agent when they got bought out, or are you with Desjardins Direct (call center only)?

This sounds typical for most auto claims as well. At least in those, you have a nice free comparable rental to use while the bureaucrats monkey around.
I assume you weren’t provided a rental motorcycle.

This sounds typical for most auto claims as well. At least in those, you have a nice free comparable rental to use while the bureaucrats monkey around.
I assume you weren’t provided a rental motorcycle.
Comparable? LOL! Maybe if you drive what the rental companies have.

Sad to hear that @Hardwrkr13 ... Similar experience but didn't bother to start a thread. I was with Desjardins when I crashed (at fault). Multiple emails, phone calls to get the money. They still haven't paid for the gear...I have left the appraiser at least 5-6 voice messages and twice the number of emails. Nope. I'm glad at least I got the settlement for the bike without the hassles you went through.

Apparently, if I hadn't accepted the settlement and got my motorcycle appraised by an appraiser I could have easily gotten a higher value. But then they would have taken their own sweet time. Hoping never to deal with insurance again other than the yearly renewal.

Sad to hear that @Hardwrkr13 ... Similar experience but didn't bother to start a thread. I was with Desjardins when I crashed (at fault). Multiple emails, phone calls to get the money. They still haven't paid for the gear...I have left the appraiser at least 5-6 voice messages and twice the number of emails. Nope. I'm glad at least I got the settlement for the bike without the hassles you went through.

Apparently, if I hadn't accepted the settlement and got my motorcycle appraised by an appraiser I could have easily gotten a higher value. But then they would have taken their own sweet time. Hoping never to deal with insurance again other than the yearly renewal.

Were you with Desjardins direct or Desjardins Agents? I keep hearing these horror stories, but as ar as I can tell, it's the Direct customers who are getting screwed. The whole point of the Agents is that they are your interface to the insurer so you have a person you can drive over to and harrass if necessary. Not that I've ever had to with my current agent, but I did with my original one back in the 80's, which is why I switched. In fact, my current agent offered me invaluable advice when dealing with a criminal charge for a car accident caused by someone else who lied (and got their passenger to corroborate the lie) to the police.

Were you with a State Farm agent when they got bought out, or are you with Desjardins Direct (call center only)?
Kirk Norris Insurance Agent (Peterborough). I called them a few weeks into the claim around the time I started getting annoyed and they said they couldn’t offer any advice/service and just to call in.

That totally sucks, but it's how it is these days, companies stonewall you and there is nothing you can do. Very frustrating. I guess you could try some gov agency to complain, but I'm sure that's a dead end as well.
Yup speak with you wallet and take your business and peace of mind elsewhere.
Good luck!

I had a motorcycle claim with TD a few years ago and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. No hassles at all. Prompt and efficient and nice. This Spring I shopped around. I could have saved 100 bucks with Wawanesa but chose to stay with TD.

Back
Top Bottom