Careless Driving/ No insurance ticket- HELP! | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Careless Driving/ No insurance ticket- HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow clap.

Glad you didn't actually *need* that insurance, for, you know...insurance. Good luck lying your way out of a lawsuit.

I'm actually in favor of what Pegassus did. Cops do lie and the system, is in some ways, broken.

In the event Pegassus actually hurts someone without insurance...well, that's a completely different story

I am not in favour of doing that, because you are basically playing Russian Roulette where 5/6 chambers are loaded. If it were an actual judge instead of a JP, and/or the prosecutor decided to follow up on the defendant's claim of insurance (it is very easy to verify), then the defendant would be neck deep in trouble

Perjury can land you in jail and with a criminal record.

And is there a statute of limitations with regards to the HTA? Personally I think it's utterly stupid to publicly post this sort of content. If people think that law enforcement can't easily connect the dots between their online accounts and real people, well, that's some sort of naive reality they're living in.

There is a statute of limitations for provincial offences such as HTA (IIRC 6 months for minor offences) but there's no limit to how long the cops can keep a file on you if they know you did something and got away with it.

It's better to not be on their list of people to watch out for.

Perjury can land you in jail and with a criminal record.

And is there a statute of limitations with regards to the HTA? Personally I think it's utterly stupid to publicly post this sort of content. If people think that law enforcement can't easily connect the dots between their online accounts and real people, well, that's some sort of naive reality they're living in.
Is there a statute of limitations for perjury?

油井緋色;2502702 said:
I'm actually in favor of what Pegassus did. Cops do lie and the system, is in some ways, broken.

In the event Pegassus actually hurts someone without insurance...well, that's a completely different story

Who says that Im riding with no insurance? That was from 10 years ago in my car. I think insurance should be universal on all vehicles/motorcycles paid by the goverment and up the sales tax from 13% to 14% to finance it.

You cant prosecute a person twice, not Homolka and much less me, good luck attempting to do so. Dont be drama queens. Even lawyers advice you all the time how to lie on the stand and what to say.

Last edited:
Who says that Im riding with no insurance? That was from 10 years ago in my car. I think insurance should be universal on all vehicles/motorcycles paid by the goverment and up the sales tax from 13% to 14% to finance it.

You cant prosecute a person twice, not Homolka and much less me, good luck attempting to do so. Dont be drama queens. Even lawyers advice you all the time how to lie on the stand and what to say.

Statute of limitations aside, they could come after you for perjury which is different from the original charges so no double jeopardy defense for you there.

Statute of limitations aside, they could come after you for perjury which is different from the original charges so no double jeopardy defense for you there.

For a traffic ticket? Yeah right, good luck trying to find the cop and the judge from 11 years ago, and sure as hell Im not going to help them find them. They couldnt even find me 1 week later to pay the fine never mind these guys.

OP. You should have stalled giving your ID to the cop, you should had told him you were just moving the bike to storage. You say the cop was on his way to a call, he might have just left because he didnt have time to fiddle around. Dont listen to these guys advising you to plead guilty. Go to court like a wolf and talking tough. I have gotten like a dozen tickets in the last 20 years and have paid only 1. I won the rest in court by fighting all the way and using technicalities. I have called cops liars in front of judges and have presented my proof. Judges were convinced about their lying and dropped all charges against me. Last ticket I got off scot free was "Fail to properly secure a child" aka no seat belt on a child. I stared down the OPP sargeant in court. Told the judge how he had stopped me without a clue why he was stopping me for. There's no way he could have seen a 2 year old infant not buckled up from 30ft behind me through dark tinted windows and the infant sitting in the middle row of my minivan. The back seat row was 15 inches higher than her head for F's sakes how did he see through the seat.

Charges dropped because the mumbling OPP officer could not explain that one away.

Last edited:
X copper or other like service. At this point your F##@ed and given what you said in your original post they will help you the most. I would call them before picking anything up at the station. You may have options and may have a chance to have things dropped, but you will need professional help at this point.

Pegasus, will you be my dad?

X copper or other like service. At this point your F##@ed and given what you said in your original post they will help you the most. I would call them before picking anything up at the station. You may have options and may have a chance to have things dropped, but you will need professional help at this point.

Xcoppers are not good in my experience. I will never forget the time they accepted a plea deal in my absence after having handed them $450 dollars to fight a "careless driving" charge. They accepted a plea deal for "improper left turn", 3 points off and a $250 ticket. What did they saved me from? That was the only ticket I have lost in court. Now I use these other guys who are good and truly fight for you.

OP no matter who you hire make sure you go with them to court and make sure they fight your case, never mind this "plea deal" bullsh*t. It doesn't save you from the insurance hit or the points on your licence. Even a 10 km'h over speed limit you should fight it, don't take the cop's lie that "it doesn't carry points, just pay the ticket".... points means nothing, the record still goes on your insurance and your rates will be hiked.

Last edited:
Xcoppers are not good in my experience. I will never forget the time they accepted a plea deal in my absence after having handed them $450 dollars to fight a "careless driving" charge. They accepted a plea deal for "improper left turn", 3 points off and a $250 ticket. What did they saved me from? That was the only ticket I have lost in court. Now I use these other guys who are good and truly fight for you.

OP no matter who you hire make sure you go with them to court and make sure they fight your case, never mind this "plea deal" bullsh*t. It doesn't save you from the insurance hit or the points on your licence. Even a 10 km'h over speed limit you should fight it, don't take the cop's lie that "it doesn't carry points, just pay the ticket".... points means nothing, the record still goes on your insurance and your rates will be hiked.

Just what i needed to hear. I have been postponing my trial date which is now set in September. My lawyer doesn't seem to think we have a good defense but is working on it. Regardless, I will show up to court on the day of the trial and explain the situation to the judge who may or may not reason with me. In the mean time, I'm enjoying this hot weather riding insured.. of course... lol ... Still don't know how I was able to get pay $1300 full coverage, everyone around me (even people older than me) are paying a lot more money which is surprising. However, the company I'm with is no longer insuring super sports as of April this year so...

Xcoppers are not good in my experience. I will never forget the time they accepted a plea deal in my absence after having handed them $450 dollars to fight a "careless driving" charge. They accepted a plea deal for "improper left turn", 3 points off and a $250 ticket. What did they saved me from?

You didn't read the fine print when you signed the agreement with them, did you?

This is actually good advice

油井緋色;2502702 said:

While I don't agree, I can see how someone might justify lying to defend themselves against a lie.

However what Peggy did was lie to defend himself from the truth. How is that ethically justified? Just because the place where he lied is the same place where cops may have lied against him doesn't make it OK in any way.

since when is court about upholding the truth? Swearing on the bible is just the equivalent of pinky swearing for adults

The courts have always been about persuasion and who can argue best

If courts were about the truth, men like hurricane carter would never do prison time for crimes they never committed, just being the wrong skin color at the wrong place at the wrong time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom