Bye Bye Tommy boy Ford kicked out!! | Page 132 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bye Bye Tommy boy Ford kicked out!!

I have to disagree if you lived in 416 and paid taxes there were many positives. Not a polished politician but he was always looking out for the taxpayer.

RIP..

well... didnt do well at high school, didn't finish at Carlton U, Didn't do well at the family business , he was in sales ( he and I were in a sales training course together), moved to local politics, did hit a home run with his first budget, took two municipal contracts to the mat, his second go at a budget was trashed and council got their own budget passed, became the absentee mayor, got sacked from coaching football, appeared in a drug video, went on late night tv as a clown. Does get re elected for council, gets sick and leaves. Did I miss much?

Well written. I am glad the author signed it. I hate that isht when it is done anonymously.

well it's at a time when most people who think they will have a gain on the passing of rob ford will do so, very sad they take a time when the family will be grieving, to try and gain from his popularity and print things like that article

just to ad to this, click the link http://www.haemorrhage-music.com/mayor-rob-frod/

looks like the guy is trying to recognized as a writer

Last edited:
well... didnt do well at high school, didn't finish at Carlton U, Didn't do well at the family business , he was in sales ( he and I were in a sales training course together), moved to local politics, did hit a home run with his first budget, took two municipal contracts to the mat, his second go at a budget was trashed and council got their own budget passed, became the absentee mayor, got sacked from coaching football, appeared in a drug video, went on late night tv as a clown. Does get re elected for council, gets sick and leaves. Did I miss much?

don't know the mans past,nor care to. but i'm sure you might have left out a few things:dontknow:

well it's at a time when most people who think they will have a gain on the passing of rob ford will do so, very sad they take a time when the family will be grieving, to try and gain from his popularity and print things like that article

The real opportunists are those trying to white wash Ford's legacy of filth then chastise those who point out his terrible actions.

don't know the mans past,nor care to. but i'm sure you might have left out a few things:dontknow:

Yeah, he left out that his first budget was passed by councillors who plugged their noses out of respect for electors who had just voted Rob in a few months earlier, and he left out that the union concessions were the work of Deputy Mayor at the time, Doug Holyday, with no useful input from Rob. He also left out that Rob set the city back many years in transit, our single most needed development, to the point where progress is still poisoned with incoherent priorities to this day and there is no clear projection of when anything will actually get built.

just to ad to this, click the link http://www.haemorrhage-music.com/mayor-rob-frod/

looks like the guy is trying to recognized as a writer
OMG somebody trying to benefit from his work! What has our society come to!?!

As opposed to our dearly departed Rob who only ever responded to constituents for altruistic purposes, as opposed to using it as a misguided attempt to redeem himself by day for all the harm he committed against his friends and family (and himself) at night. https://youtu.be/JJ65whiwiY0

He didn't love the city except for how it made him feel about himself. He loved football, and that's about where the story of Rob Ford's heart begins and ends.

I can't help but wonder -- what is the point of continued Ford bashing now?

He is dead -- he won't know what you or anyone else says or writes. So what purpose is it serving?

Is it all just crying over spilled milk? They guy wasn't even mayor any more when he kicked the bucket, let him rest in peace and move on to current problems, not problems of the past.

As long as people support him and what he did, politically, then his death is irrelevant to the important task of pointing out all the harm caused by the ignorant and incompetent mindset he represented.

He is dead -- he won't know what you or anyone else says or writes. So what purpose is it serving?

Is it all just crying over spilled milk? They guy wasn't even mayor any more when he kicked the bucket, let him rest in peace and move on to current problems, not problems of the past.

Some of it is clearly politically motivated. Some of it is a backlash to his virtual canonization, whitewashing over the bad.

Its important politically for a family background, Dad Doug sr was a one term backbencher MPP. There has been an undercurrent that Doug jr may want a run at an MPP .
Doug sr. and the family ran for years on a story he swam lake Ontario with Marilyn Bell, famous for swimming the lake. He was a competitive swimmer, he was not in the water with her. The oldest brother has been in arrested more times than I've been to the CNE, Doug jr lied to the Toronto public numerous times about what Rob was up to. They thought they were Etobicokes answer to the Kennedys.
Before Rob gets canonized as 'the average peoples guy' and Doug rides that wave, it needs to be out there.

Was one of Toronto's better mayors in that he at least tried to get Council back on track.

Then the knives came out.

Title should be changed to Bye Bye Toronto now. It's become a Piñata.

As long as people support him and what he did, politically, then his death is irrelevant to the important task of pointing out all the harm caused by the ignorant and incompetent mindset he represented.

As opposed to Tory....

I started my career at Rogers working for Tory and incompetent mindset is probably the first thing comes to mind :)

As opposed to Tory....

I started my career at Rogers working for Tory and incompetent mindset is probably the first thing comes to mind :)

I try not to hold the fact that Rogers sent me a letter stating that my area was "no longer supported for Roger@Home" (might have been Rogers Wave at the time) rather than just replacing my obviously defective cable modem, on his watch, against him. Fortunately it got 'hit by lightning' and had to be replaced, which solved my problem.

I could not stand him or most of his flamboyant family.

Having said that, to go at 46 is pretty brutal and do not wish this on anyone. General condolences are just a polite thing to do, but pls don't get me started with city or even state funeral movement.

There's so many good people (really good people, judged by their peers, not by themselves) who die every day in the city, and they get zilch, nothing, most people don't even know that they passed away ......

Well it sort of is a current problem. There is no denying the man was an over-privileged buffoon, and it highlights a broken political system when simply being family puts you in any position of authority. The ongoing problem is that we are seeing and will see the same thing happening with rob's half-retarded nephew.

Well it sort of is a current problem. There is no denying the man was an over-privileged buffoon, and it highlights a broken political system when simply being family puts you in any position of authority. The ongoing problem is that we are seeing and will see the same thing happening with rob's half-retarded nephew.

Do you really think bashing a dead guy is going to change the mind of any of the Ford nation though? Do you really think a single one of them is going to read any of these 'truth hurts obits' posted above? Not a chance... hence, they are pointless. Many of the scandals barely made a difference when he was alive and in office, they make no difference when he is dead.

I have no issue with the truth being out there... but the truth was always out there with Rob Ford, none of these revelations are new. The only thing that has changed is that he is dead.

So all of these writers can clap themselves on the back that they got in one last scathing article bashing Rob Ford -- personally I see them all as juvenile idiots belching pointless words with absolutely no class. The guy is dead. Bury him and move on already.

Do you really think bashing a dead guy is going to change the mind of any of the Ford nation though? Do you really think a single one of them is going to read any of these 'truth hurts obits' posted above? Not a chance... hence, they are pointless. Many of the scandals barely made a difference when he was alive and in office, they make no difference when he is dead.

I have no issue with the truth being out there... but the truth was always out there with Rob Ford, none of these revelations are new. The only thing that has changed is that he is dead.

So all of these writers can clap themselves on the back that they got in one last scathing article bashing Rob Ford -- personally I see them all as juvenile idiots belching pointless words with absolutely no class. The guy is dead. Bury him and move on already.
Yes, I believe someone may read and understand the important arguments against Ford's work and legacy. As long as someone's speaking out publicly in defense of Ford then he is, in my view, receptive to responses whether he likes them or not.

My complaints against him are only ever in response to someone. You'll find I don't originate any argument and that's because I can't assume anybody cares enough to listen. After all, the corollary to your point is that there's no reason for anyone to post favourably about Ford unless they thought they were going to change someone's mind about Ford's "greatness". Posts of that nature aren't meant to be preaching to the choir, they're directed at people who would be expected to disagree. So I'm disagreeing. Mourning is in the next room over.

Rob Ford didn't daintily sip life from a teacup, he gobbled it in huge chunks unlike all the other stiffs at City Hall. And for that I salute him, a man who loved life and served his people the best he could.

Number of effs given: Zero.

WO-AJ346_ROBFOR_G_20120406190556.jpg

Back
Top Bottom