Buying a motorcycle in Quebec but live in Ontario. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying a motorcycle in Quebec but live in Ontario.

UkrainianRider

Hey folks, seeking some guidance here!

I'm eyeing a 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 650 in Quebec and I live in Toronto but I'm pretty clueless about the whole process. Can anyone walk me through how to transfer ownership and how taxes come into play? Also, I'm wondering if I have to be physically present to complete the transaction, or if I can just pay and have the bike shipped to me?

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Hey folks, seeking some guidance here!

I'm eyeing a 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 650 in Quebec and I live in Toronto but I'm pretty clueless about the whole process. Can anyone walk me through how to transfer ownership and how taxes come into play? Also, I'm wondering if I have to be physically present to complete the transaction, or if I can just pay and have the bike shipped to me?

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
Welcome!

This topic has been covered before more than once. I'd encourage you to read over some of the previous threads. You can use the search function located in the top right of the page.

For example; Buying a bike in Quebec to license in Ontario

If you want the cliff note version;

1. You will pay taxes when registering it in Ontario. If you paid taxes in Quebec (say buying at a dealership), you will have to seek recovery of those monies from the government after showing proof of paying Ontario taxes as well
  2. Mileage tampering has been an issue in the past
  3. Quebec allows branded/salvage titles on the road, we do not check the registration carefully
  4. Lots of vehicles from flooded areas of the US make it to Quebec
  5. Transporting a motorcycle in Quebec on say the back of a truck requires it to be legally plated
Good luck!

Welcome!

This topic has been covered before more than once. I'd encourage you to read over some of the previous threads. You can use the search function located in the top right of the page.

For example; Buying a bike in Quebec to license in Ontario

If you want the cliff note version;

1. You will pay taxes when registering it in Ontario. If you paid taxes in Quebec (say buying at a dealership), you will have to seek recovery of those monies from the government after showing proof of paying Ontario taxes as well
  2. Mileage tampering has been an issue in the past
  3. Quebec allows branded/salvage titles on the road, we do not check the registration carefully
  4. Lots of vehicles from flooded areas of the US make it to Quebec
  5. Transporting a motorcycle in Quebec on say the back of a truck requires it to be legally plated
Good luck!
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom