Breaking Ties With My Family To Obtain A Motorcycle. | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Breaking Ties With My Family To Obtain A Motorcycle.

man, this place gets so toxic in the winter...

Pms.

The motorcycle kind, not the female kind, before anyone gets their panties in a twist.

Listen to your parents

lol.. I did.. they told me I should get a scooter or motorcycle to get to University & work.. and I did!!! :)

that was in a different time and place..

Wow

You just don't get that you have to live under house rules. They are not breaking any laws or endangering him.

He has the right, but not until he moves out.

Normally I agree with your posts but I think you're being rather narrow sighted here.

I admire and respect that you respect rules. I am not one that cares about rules, even the law, because I lived under a rather messed up household where my mother's rules were overly protective and unreasonable. If I was going to break them, she'd beat me. Once the beating stopped working, threats of suicide started. You know how I got that to stop? I slapped her. The funniest part about this? My dad had the same issues, except he'd just turn off his phone and leave the house.

Sure, moving out would've solved the above, but I'm not a financial retard. Because I didn't move out until I was 28, I ended up with a massive jump start compared to people who I knew that moved out much earlier.

Was it worth it? I don't know, because staying at home with ****ed up parenting led to a lot of trauma I still deal with today. However, moving out earlier would have been financial suicide. Both have long term repercussions. I don't regret waiting so long to move out though. My ultimate goal is to stop working and live off residual income as early as possible, and since all investments growths are exponential...moving out too early would screw things over really badly.

I am sure there are many others who share the same mindset.

Think outside of the box: 1. Keep living with your parents, save $. 2. Keep the motorcycle at your g/f's house.

油井緋色;2545090 said:
Normally I agree with your posts but I think you're being rather narrow sighted here.

I admire and respect that you respect rules. I am not one that cares about rules, even the law, because I lived under a rather messed up household where my mother's rules were overly protective and unreasonable. If I was going to break them, she'd beat me. Once the beating stopped working, threats of suicide started. You know how I got that to stop? I slapped her. The funniest part about this? My dad had the same issues, except he'd just turn off his phone and leave the house.

Sure, moving out would've solved the above, but I'm not a financial retard. Because I didn't move out until I was 28, I ended up with a massive jump start compared to people who I knew that moved out much earlier.

Was it worth it? I don't know, because staying at home with ****ed up parenting led to a lot of trauma I still deal with today. However, moving out earlier would have been financial suicide. Both have long term repercussions. I don't regret waiting so long to move out though. My ultimate goal is to stop working and live off residual income as early as possible, and since all investments growths are exponential...moving out too early would screw things over really badly.

My kids live under my roof they follow my rules. Don't like the rules? Get a job and get the hell out. Want to use me to save your fortune but won't respect my rules? Again, get a job and get the hell out.
If one of my kids ever slapped their mother it'd be the last thing they'd ever do while living under the roof I provide.
I did what I wanted to pretty much from the age of twelve. For some reason I found myself living on my own at 15.
Many times I have wished I had listened to my parents and followed their rules.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I would suggest we just let this thread die since OP hasn't bothered to respond. I am guessing he is working on Part 2 of this fiction which we probably wont see until the weekend.

Update 1:

Sorry guys, it has been pretty rough for the past week. I told my mother that I would be moving out to obtain a place downtown (didn't tell her about the motorcycle again). She straight up threw another tantrum, and then said "move out if you wish, it's not like you want to live with me anymore." It was basically the last straw for me after hearing that, and I packed up what I could've into a suitcase, gym bag, and my school backpack (basically some clothes, laptop, etc).

I've been living at a local motel for the past few days now, and I have found a decent place near my school and will be moving into next week. I am currently very busy with keeping up in school, working on my business on the side, and learning how to do adult things (such as learning how to cook, since I've been getting sick of eating fast food for the past week now).

I will keep you guys updated as much as I can, thanks for all the advice and support.

FAQ: Do you have enough to pay for rent for the next few months even if your business goes down?
A: Yes, I currently have enough funds to stay in the condo that I've chosen for the next few years even if my business goes into ****.

FAQ: How much do you actually make?
A: Can't say the exact numbers, since every month is different. A good range would be from $8-15K / month or $96-180K / year, and it has been like this for the past year already.

FAQ: Do I come from a Asian family?
A: Yes.

FAQ: Do you know how much it cost to live in a condo in Toronto?
A: Yes.

P.S. The wifi here sucks ***. Can't wait to get into my new condo and outta this motel...

Last edited:
bwahahaha

its a tough life isn't it.

the kid seems to be doing alright if all is to be believed

bwahahaha

its a tough life isn't it.

Yea... not as easy as I thought it would be, but I'm trying my best not to die out here... I had to do my laundry at one of those coin laundry places, was kind of embarrassed since I never actually did my own laundry at home before, so I didn't know how to do laundry. I never actually practiced my cooking skills as well, so hopefully when I move into my new place, I don't end up burning down the place.

An unfortunate situation, but sometimes when one door closes, better ones open. And it sounds like it was a toxic situation at home that breaking free will only benefit you. I have first hand experience with toxic family members and severing ties is the best solution.

If you have that sort of income at your age you should have NO problem getting on your feet in short order. But a motorcycle should be your last priority right now, in the grand scheme of things.

Must be a cultural thing. In my mind, if you're making up to $180K, have enough dough to get by for a few years in a condo in downtown Toronto you're way past asking mommy if you can get a motorcycle. Do what you want.

It sounds like your mother needs professional help.

An unfortunate situation, but sometimes when one door closes, better ones open. And it sounds like it was a toxic situation at home that breaking free will only benefit you. I have first hand experience with toxic family members and severing ties is the best solution.

If you have that sort of income at your age you should have NO problem getting on your feet in short order. But a motorcycle should be your last priority right now, in the grand scheme of things.

I agree, my main priority right now is to get everything sorted out with my place first, learn the basic skills of living, etc. Hopefully everything goes well and I am able to visit a local dealership to get a Yamaha R3 this summer. For income-wise, many close to me don't even know about it, and my parents always say I was just lucky to be earning these numbers. I completely disagree, what I do isn't an get rich overnight scheme, but I don't think they understand since they immigrated to Canada and have always working blue-collar jobs.

There are pros and cons in what I've built though.

Pros:
- I would say that I am currently financially independent.

Cons:
- I didn't really have much of an childhood, or even a normal teenager life.
- I've always been working on side businesses, while I was working part-time in high school, many of my side hustles failed, but I never stopped trying and I've found a few that are perfect for me. Due to this, I didn't hangout with my friends often, now I don't have many friends, just a few that I can always count on, which is good enough for me.
- I've never been to a high school or university party, never drank, never smoked, never did drugs, f*ck man I didn't even go to prom or hit on any girls in my life caused I was just so focus on doing my own things.

I would say that, I'm not your typical 19 year-old. I'm very ambitious and motivated, although my grades in school can't prove it, they don't mean anything to me anyways (never gotten A's, but I got a few B's, and a bunch of C's and D's). A piece of paper can't determine my future, I've seen way too many students graduating from top-schools in Canada, and they can't even find a job. I am not gonna rely on a piece of paper or anyone in the future to tell me how successfully I can be, I will make it on my own. In today's age, it's much different compared to older days, where getting a degree would mean getting a decent paying job. I will still continue to attend post-secondary and obtain my degree though to fulfill my parent's wishes of me to be the first one in the family to ever go and graduate from University.

My business also allows me to hire a few part-time students from my school to help me out with a few tasks that I don't have time doing on my own anymore, since a few of them can't really find any places that want to hire part-time students. This is what I always wanted to do in life, give others opportunities, and enriching their lives to help them become be a better version of themselves everyday.

And for the Motorcycle, what I've always told others and myself is that "I rather die young doing what I love, and making an positive impact on this planet than die old in a bed knowing that I didn't get to change somebody's life for the better or having regrets for the things I didn't do."

Last edited:
油井緋色;2545090 said:

Agreed 100%

your asian, your thinking revolves around long term planning/success.

This notion of freedom and independence is precisely why its impossible for certain kinds of people to afford a home in the GTA.
Most of the buyers in todays market arent independent folks. They are usually immigrants who all work together as one unit in one household and find ways to contribute. Extended families even

Who has time for 'my roof my rules' when your working together, to fulfill the needs of the many over the needs of the few?

Last edited:
Unless your business has you tied to the city, or you simply desire to stay there, considering moving out of the city to the burbs. An actual house with property will cost you less than a condo downtown and with your income you could have it completely paid for inside 10 years.

And you won't have to deal with boring/dangerous city riding in Toronto, having to go at least an hour in any direction to get to any nice riding areas.

Unless your business has you tied to the city, or you simply desire to stay there, considering moving out of the city to the burbs. An actual house with property will cost you less than a condo downtown and with your income you could have it completely paid for inside 10 years.

And you won't have to deal with boring/dangerous city riding in Toronto, having to go at least an hour in any direction to get to any nice riding areas.

I'm currently wanting to live in the city because my University is located down here. I've no plans on living down here after I graduate from school, which is gonna be another 4 years, since I'm currently only in my first year at University at the moment.

My goal after post-secondary is to move to Vancouver, where there are many riders and beautiful places to ride through (such as Sea To The Sky highway). The sense of riding through the mountains, where I could see the ocean just right beside me is incredible.

You don't sound like you have any time to ride a bike. And riding one in this city will sour you quickly and may ruin your dream of riding. I would suggest that you rent the cheapest place you can find that suits your needs (you are a student, you don't need much). Save your money and in two years buy an investment property. When you graduate in four years, sell that property and head to BC. Then get the bike you want and enjoy it.

I learned to ride downtown, lived there too for the first few years and first few bikes. Glad I did. Prepared me to ride just about anywhere....except maybe India or China....or maybe Russia.

Back
Top Bottom