Bogie time Aug 27/30!!! | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bogie time Aug 27/30!!!

Lucky you that you already knew of the construction, I unfortunately did not.lol

Google maps showed construction so took hwy7 / 115 all the way through Peterborough, not a bad alternate route except for 1 turn that looked like I was on someone's driveway.

Calabogie is not an easy track for first timers with lots of turns and elevation changes (blind spots) but I survived and I would go back there anytime as my first track day :)....had lots of fun, first time on a track and with pro6cycle, great weather. lots of crashes through...two transports and 1 airlift so missed some track time due to crashes (hope everyone is or will be ok who crashes). I was leaning by bike all the way to the edge of the tire by the end of the day during turns (came in with about 1 inch of tire on either side that never touched the asphalt). My first day gave me confidence and made me aware of the lines on the track.

Had three people in orientation laps: a guy from Markham with first time on the track as well, I think he did really well, third person was a girl, I think she crashed later during the day and broke a finger. Can't wait to go back again in Sep.

If the asian guy on the black bike (first time on track) who came wit his friend from Markham is on this forum, it would be great if you can share footage from your rear or front camera. I can do the same.

It is indeed a very tough track to learn, especially if it was your first time ever on track.

The Asian guys with the two R1M's pitted on the south fence? On Tuesday one of them (the not new guy, I think) crashed in turn 1 or 2 and pretty much destroyed his bike. He was okay, luckily.

yes, the two guys with R1s pitted on the fence by the road right before the sound check guy on the left side when coming from the main gate. Good to hear he was ok.

Last edited:
@shaman good call saving your RSV4. I'm not sure if you saw the RSV that crashed on Monday morning on turn 15. It went right into the guardrail and the rear suspension linkage snapped! It had all stock bodywork :(

It was nice to meet the few GTAM folks I was able to find. I'll try harder next time to find all of you. It was unfortunate the number of crashes and it was a real eye opener seeing the Ornge helicopter on the track on Monday. I hope all the riders make a speedy recovery. You can't fault Pro6 as they ran the days really well.

@samurai, Here is some footage from my bike on Monday. I was in the yellow group. This was the 4th session of the day https://youtu.be/ebXG4COqvlU. There were a lot of bikes captured in the footage so I hope some of the folks will recognize themselves. Unfortunately that session ended in a red flag (you can see the yellow marshal flag and rider down at 15:53) but luckily she was fine. She was pitted next to us and only suffered a sprained finger.

This is the second session of the day where for some reason there was a lot less traffic, so more fun for me but not as interesting video for others :) https://youtu.be/_iTJeHpEy7U

Watch the videos with Google Chrome or FireFox so that you can pan through the 360 degree view.

If anyone is going on Sept 17/18 see you there!

I sure did see it. I was held up on red flag on corner 8 and rode past, iirc. Nice having a kickstand, though. :D

I knew right away seeing that crash that there was going to be an ambulance ride, passing on the outside of 15 at a trackday is just not the smart thing to be doing, I have seen highsides there and nearly had one myself getting greedy with the loud handle.

Back
Top Bottom